Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cricket_God

Testing a map

You don't. The mapeditor uses the same engine as the game. In the game it will look the same as in the editor (with grid and lightobjects turned off etcetera).

sander is right :P

BUT the fps are not the same as ingame ... i sometimes got like 4 fps in the editor but 50 fps ingame. just wanted to say that its normal. so dont delete objects just to stay above 24 fps xD

this is written in the manual:

Height Map:

Basically, the height map has 2 purposes:

1. To not let players go through certain areas (like, say, going through a tree, house, rock, water, etc.).

2. Provide an elevation map.

The elevation map is usefull when you want someone who walks on an object to be a little displaced from the ground. For example, when you walk over a bridge, if the elevation map is left unchanged (the default is the ground value), then your feet will go inside the bridge.

-The heights are in the range of -2.20 M to 4 M. -2.20 M is reserved for 'unwalkable' All the rest can be used to specify how much you want the player to be displaced from the ground, while he/she/it is on that tile. The default height is 0 M. The heights increase with 20 CM each step.

-With Ins/Del you can navigate through all the heights.

-Tab switches the 2d/3d display mode of the heights. By default, all the height tiles are displayed on the ground, the only indication of how tall they are is given by their color. If you press TAB, you can display them in the 3D mode, so the height tiles will be displayed at their real heights. This is usually usefull for bridges, rocks, etc.

-You can put more than one tile down at a time, by holding down the alt(49 tiles), or ctrl(9 tiles) key. This is useful for big objects.

Aint there any way, in the futre that included in the map maker package is a map tester? whitch would just be you and walking and entering buildings would be the only things you can do??, i dosnt even have to be on the main el download, i could be a saperate download for EL mapmakers and people who like doing that?

that would be cool...

and.. in the far FAR future.. there should be some areas w/ multiple heights.. so you could have.. say.. a big bridge that you can both walk on and under (if thats possible)

I think that would be very hard to do, and i meen very hard at least my map test idea it possible