Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Make Alchemy Great Again! ;-)

I think if we increase NPC's prices it is going to increase the price of everything they are used for. 

Times for the majority of players are already tight and lean. Having to pay more for the things they need will just destabilise an already struggling market. 

I find part of the issue is the cost in food to mix bones/toads are leaping up higher and higher, with mixers willing to pay inflated prices for them thus the cost of sales is increased.

It's all about margins

Keep costs down and essence production reaps a higher profit.

even .5gc will make a massive saving.

Or do like the old days i mix your essences for your ings & food and a small ammount of some other reward...gc? that rare drop you was after etc.

To be fair, would it not make players charge more for those items equaling the npc prices as they did with everything else? 

Which will increase the harvestable prices again and make it harder for the people who just dont like to mix? I dont disagree with increasing it by equaling it to the current player market however those prices were placed in order to keep the market in check increasing it does nothing but raises the prices again. People just need to quit trying to pinch every penny out of everything and causing the market to go up dramatically it may not effect certain people now but it does everyone else

Suggestion is ask harvesters to lower silver back to 2 each iron 4 each etc for people to quit raising how much they want for something everything is effected by the markets greed not only alchemy if anything id say manfacturing is the most effected efe 30k binders 50k lol in 2008 iirc when you started they were 7.5k for an efe and 25k for a binding stone? Its the player markets greed make it to where if someone goes over a certain price for ings they lose trading privledges for  a week or something people complain about prices all the time i say just regulate it tbh make the actual community better again not just alchemy :) just my idea on it if the grind becomes harder and harder for years eventually no one wants to gind so they quit and in doing this im not saying mess with drop rates or gc amounts from monsters nust regulate actual market prices not special things just what the players require to thrive in the community (reasources) i know my grammars off i just do enjoy this game alot

See and this is why i suggest the actual market be moderated people like this^

I actually do sell my stuff to people cheaper than market when i feel the peice is ridiculous im sure several of my guildies can vouch :)

If it was moderated to where people actually recieve a consequence for raising it above 2 it would eliminate people re selling it for more it does nothing when one person sells cheaper ive tried people just decide to re sell it.

Edited by DrtyDevil

Actually, I just need something to fill the bottomless pit with.

Are you going to sell me 100k silver or not?

Edit:

If that's how you feel, then we should have the NPCs sell silver at 2gc each instead of 10. that would be the only effective 'moderator'.

Edited by Diealot

7 hours ago, Diealot said:

Are you going to sell me 100k silver or not?

Edit:

If that's how you feel, then we should have the NPCs sell silver at 2gc each instead of 10. that would be the only effective 'moderator'.

I dont have 100k silver :)

And i agree with the npc being 2 that would be effective

Saxum is correct, not that Radu is a communist, but price fixing is a communist style control, that always fails, and produces shortages, etc.  However, the most significant difference is that the supply of essences from npc are endless.  There are no shortages....  You can buy 1 or a billion billion  of them.... or whatever number it may be that doesn't cause C programs to crash... which maybe something like 18,446,744,073,709,551,616..or something to this effect.

I argued years ago to remove all items from npcs and let the free market prevail, along with shortages, savings, hording, market production shifts,  but everyone just OMFG fr33 markets r scary and we love price fixing..until price fixing created the omfg no one buys my essess/pots or whatever.. A good example of this was removing c2 rings from npcs, prices seem to have stabilized and ebul crafters r getting rich buying ess from npc to make c2 rings.. which Barnes seems to use a lot..

I wouldnt remove serp stones from the bars for example, I would remove items that use wolf bars from npcs and remove wolf bars from npc and let the prices float, dont worry, they will stabilize, might make every thing a cost a little more, but price is relative to supply and demand. So be it.  Might even see steel long production and iron sword for tin/bronze again.

Remove hydro bars from npc too, good gold sink as is, but prices will go up on hydro, and guilds will find ways to get it, it would at least be more interesting then buying from npc.  Likely less hydro coming in, but I bet removal stones drop in price, as people cant use 1-20 of them every recon day without the hydro to back it up.  But I bet if a nexus removal cost 250k, you wouldnt mind risking a rosto for hydro then...

The same with potions, summon stones, etc,

Raising prices of essences at npc will just cause price increase of all items, and there will soon become less items that makes sense for mixing, and just buy from npc instead.... Please see bronze armor and rapier for examples...

So in short, remove all items that can be made from players from npc sales.  Let the free market work, supply and demand and price will sort itself out.  When fire essences hits 100gc each, the alt armies  (Bring back rule 5 too) will jump into gear and the flood the market quickly, driving down prices of efe and fe at the same time.. that is when I corner the death essence market :DDDD

Wiz

Edited by Wizzy

5 hours ago, Wizzy said:

Saxum is correct, not that Radu is a communist, but price fixing is a communist style control, that always fails, and produces shortages, etc.  However, the most significant difference is that the supply of essences from npc are endless.  There are no shortages....  You can buy 1 or a billion billion  of them.... or whatever number it may be that doesn't cause C programs to crash... which maybe something like 18,446,744,073,709,551,616..or something to this effect.

I argued years ago to remove all items from npcs and let the free market prevail, along with shortages, savings, hording, market production shifts,  but everyone just OMFG fr33 markets r scary and we love price fixing..until price fixing created the omfg no one buys my essess/pots or whatever.. A good example of this was removing c2 rings from npcs, prices seem to have stabilized and ebul crafters r getting rich buying ess from npc to make c2 rings.. which Barnes seems to use a lot..

I wouldnt remove serp stones from the bars for example, I would remove items that use wolf bars from npcs and remove wolf bars from npc and let the prices float, dont worry, they will stabilize, might make every thing a cost a little more, but price is relative to supply and demand. So be it.  Might even see steel long production and iron sword for tin/bronze again.

Remove hydro bars from npc too, good gold sink as is, but prices will go up on hydro, and guilds will find ways to get it, it would at least be more interesting then buying from npc.  Likely less hydro coming in, but I bet removal stones drop in price, as people cant use 1-20 of them every recon day without the hydro to back it up.  But I bet if a nexus removal cost 250k, you wouldnt mind risking a rosto for hydro then...

The same with potions, summon stones, etc,

Raising prices of essences at npc will just cause price increase of all items, and there will soon become less items that makes sense for mixing, and just buy from npc instead.... Please see bronze armor and rapier for examples...

So in short, remove all items that can be made from players from npc sales.  Let the free market work, supply and demand and price will sort itself out.  When fire essences hits 100gc each, the alt armies  (Bring back rule 5 too) will jump into gear and the flood the market quickly, driving down prices of efe and fe at the same time.. that is when I corner the death essence market :DDDD

Wiz

Wizzy's idea would be great if we had the player base to support it. Unfortunately I just don't see it at the moment. Maybe it would stabilize after a year or 2, but imagine trying to find enough pka, he, and srs to support the current fighting community with the current rounder community. I know I would not play if I had to harvest and mix those items for my own use.

What would happen is before the change those with millions of gold coins in storage and ability to generate more gold coins quickly would buy everything that would about to skyrocket in price.  It happened before animal parts where before change some heard it was coming and emptied bots. It happened with other items as well. Since the changes were not officially announced ahead of time obviously there are leaks and it favors those connected with inside info.