Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Tovin

Mini-Map

Guest Tovin

On the Mini-Map, when I click to go somewhere, I want the "X" to be a different color to see it better.

Also, the NPC's (Yellow Dot's) appear & disapper more closer to the middle.

You cannot change the color of the X in the client, I assume it would be possible if you made the change in the code and compiled your own client, but that would technically be a modified client and might require permission.

As Maxine says it would currently be a client code change. However all the other mm colours are configurable in the named_colours.xml file. I will add the cursor too.

Guest Tovin

bluap, I looked at that file...If you go into the game, open the mini map then click in the map (to move to that spot), in the map is an "X" where you click....I am looking to change the color of that "X"....

This needed a client change which I've just done.  You will have to build your own version or pick up a newer Windows build from Sir_Odie or my flatpak/snap packages for Linux.

You can then change the colour of the the destination cross by adding a line to the file named_colours.xml.

<colour name="minimap.cross" r="1.0" g="0.0" b="1.0"/>

Also, the NPC's (Yellow Dot's) appear & disapper more closer to the middle.

I presume this is because your player dot appears over the NPC.  I'm not sure what can be done about that.  Any ideas?

Guest Tovin
On 10/12/2018 at 7:12 PM, bluap said:

This needed a client change which I've just done.  You will have to build your own version or pick up a newer Windows build from Sir_Odie or my flatpak/snap packages for Linux.

You can then change the colour of the the destination cross by adding a line to the file named_colours.xml.

<colour name="minimap.cross" r="1.0" g="0.0" b="1.0"/>

I've upgraded the client, then added this line, and the cross remains the same color regardless of these or other settings...

I presume you did a restart.  Where did you put the edited file?  I presume you put the line next to the other similar lines, not just at the bottom of the file? Did you change the colours?

Edited by bluap

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.