Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teranoz

Attribute books

Would be nice to have books that increase your attributes (book of physique, coord, will etc)

Monsterdrop only ofcourse, and drop rate higher for people with lower attributes e.g.

rate = rnd( sum(attributes) * 100 / sum(attributes_monster))

This will give low attrib players a higher chance to get it, and the chance increases with the attributes of the monster (rabbit very low chance, fluffy high chance)

So basically all we 'high level powergamers' would have to do is to create a new char and go pwn rabbits and we'd get it as fast as a regular noob. Or even better, as some of us have attribs at 4 like i do, i could simply go pwn 20-100 (depending on the random multiplier) rabbits and get the whole *CO* those books since it would be relative to attribs. Its very hard to make skill/attrib related drop chances since it would be abused so easily.

Good point, it should be made untransferrable (if it leaves your inventory is should vanish), and being used as a normal item (like food) and not like reading the book as the researchbooks.

And to prevent collecting a lot of them b4 using them the drop rate should be 0 if you still have 1 in your inventory.

But still if you have high attribs your formula gives a huge change to obtain the item

I am pretty sure that when a creature spawns that that is the time it also gets the items it will drop, because monsters with weapons or armor are harder to kill.

But still if you have high attribs your formula gives a huge change to obtain the item

Might be, but its just the idea that counts here at the moment, if Ent will build it in he might change it a little, but the intension of my formula is to give ppl with low ats a higher chance than those with high ats.

Might be, but its just the idea that counts here at the moment, if Ent will build it in he might change it a little, but the intension of my formula is to give ppl with low ats a higher chance than those with high ats.

Well first of all you need to change the dividers and dividants place or atleast make that *100 at the monster part so that it wouldn't be totally flawed and still it would bring higher chance to higher level players but making it like this:

random_multiplier*(sum_attrib_monster-sum_attribs_player/sum_attrib_monster*random_multiplier_between_1-4)

would actually make some sense so that the chance would actually be lower for lower lvl dudes and if the dividant goes to negative it would automatically set it as 1 so it would be really hard for a high level player to obtain the item alltho it would still be easier to get it from a rabbit than a cyclops