Eternal Lands Official Forums

Essentially, when wearing a universal hood, get an additional effect based on your equipped cloak. Possibilities include but definitely are not limited to:

Body piercing cloak - extra 3-5% Armor bypass chance

No More Warlock - adds unbreakableness [edit] untearableness to cloak (hood breaks first instead, or both unbreakable [edit] untearable?)

Unbreakable - adds unbreakableness [edit] untearableness to cloak (and hood?)

Passive Camoflage - additional light modifier reduction

Conjurer - chance at free summons (either mana, ings, or both)

Excavator - small (1-5%) chance at extra harvested item (even those that are single harv only)

Fast Regen - extra regen

Mirror - add hp recovery effect (similar to SoP/MoL)

Monster Magnetism - all normal monsters ignore you

No more tears - additional NMT bonus (possibly make hood unbreakable  [edit] untearable)

Powersaving - small chance to not use food while mixing

Artificer - small increase to artificer effect

Warlocks - small increases in both effects

Fur - bonus protection to all.

Idea is to add effects, the effects do not necessarily have to be what is listed here. Also, other people have probably had this idea...

edits, untearable (does not break in normal combat, e.g. current NMT cloak) not unbreakable (does not break vs brod/gsm/etc.)

Edited by Diealot

The hoods always reminded me of Robin Hood. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of ranging hood. I'm not sure what perk it would give though.

Alternative behaviour when using with FR cape: faster acp regen.

I quite like this idea.

Added benefit: miserly mixers (wearing arti or ps(?) cloak (depending on what they mix)) would have a reason to wear something that warranted a rosto while they mixed. just add toads and time and… a brick for the castle.

@RipTide

Certainly PC cloak could get a range-centric benefit, small additional ER effect would be neat (maybe 1-5%).

To me the effects themselves are mostly irrelevant... Uni hoods are not cheap, and I imagine are pretty breakable, adding effects would be a neat bonus to having one, in my opinion. While not really effecting gameplay hugely.

22 hours ago, dragon_killer said:

Nice ideas, the only ones I like though are the one with the non melee combat cloak since not having a col/rdholam while fighting is a pita

Maybe add some hp bonus to hood? Since it costs shitloads anyways? 

Might solve that problem

@Dragon_killer

Like I said above, these are only possibilities... certainly the fightin' cloak's hood bonus could be something different (more powerful would probably help).  Could add hp/mp bonus, could add a 'thorns' effect, could add bigger bonuses to existing perks (double the cloak effect maybe?). Lots of possibilities.

Mostly this topic is about adding an adaptive effect to hoods based on what cloak you are wearing. What the specific bonus is (if implemented), radu can decide or solicit further ideas from the community similar to what he did for tokens here recently.

:hiya:

It would be groovy if the hood had some kind of benefit - especially if it were to be related to the cloak you're wearing!

However, due to the price of them & how easy they break (the rat breaking a certain mod's hood is one ((right funny)) example) my bot wears mine. I wanted it cos I didn't have one (I know...) but it's too fragile & has no non-fashion application to warrant wearing it as a "regular" piece of kit.

Imo.

:medieval:

Good points FT

There's always no grief day (; And not all applications need to be combat related. Throwing mixers a bone isn't necessarily a bad thing. Also there's potential for 'explorer' type effects, particularly with MM/PC/Excavator (and others) that could add things outside of mixing, fighting, or fashion.

Edited by Diealot

:hiya:

In all honesty, I wasn't thinking of combat-related extras cos - let's be honest - there are plenty of those.

For now ;)

I was thinking more in favour of something like boosting the capes like Artificer (an additional few % increased chance of making a rare item) or Excavator (again, a few % increase to the chances of finding a rare stone &/or a lower chance of random events breaking your st00fz or some such), the more 'productive' uses as opposed to more 'combat-based' uses for it. Mainly because, let's face it, there are a ton more players that produce stuff than there are that are into constant fighting or even going to invasions etc.

Besides, fighters may say they want everything but - imo - wearing a hood in order to get a small buff on something meaning that you can't wear a holam (thereby losing out on an extra 170 hp & 40 mp) is dumb. I can't actually think of any justification for doing that as a player so even if it went to a combat thingy, it would be a waste. My bot would continue to wear mine if that happened and I can't think of anyone who would do differently.

But above all, there are enough perks, items & buffs for fighters already. For now. Probably.

Imo ofc...

:medieval:

True, for fighting it would suck. Like I said earlier, a ranger boost would be good. How about some kind of ranger boost, plus gives the benefit of a night visor when mixed with passive camo cloak.

2 hours ago, RipTide said:

True, for fighting it would suck. Like I said earlier, a ranger boost would be good. How about some kind of ranger boost, plus gives the benefit of a night visor when mixed with passive camo cloak.

That could work, some sort of damage boost + NV effect. Or keep the light modifier reducer (far too few things reduce light modifier if you ask me) and add in a range damage boost.

Or if you really want to throw rangers a bone, add an exp boost (with or without other effect).

Edited OP, unbreakable > untearable... EL and it's weird distinctions (;

Edited by Diealot