Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lorianne

Many idea's (and headaches) for/about EL

I've thought about several things to improve the game, to make it feel more realistic and make it feel more 'alive'.

I've been a player for many years, also I've offline for many years (personal reasons), and I'm back since a couple of weeks/months now.

Still certain points of the game keepstinging in my side, although EL is a good game, and way better then Minecraft, and certainly cheaper then World of Warcraft.

- Different styled trade caravans are needed so bots can be transported from one map to another from time to time.

In real life you have/had trade caravans, also makes game more dynamic.

(In order to persuade and convince bot owners, a benefit could be in order, like bonus on gc for merchant/buyer, amount on slots, switching from one-styled caravan to another means money needs to be paid by owner.)

In Glacmor there is a beautiful place for a market/caravan, like in Desert Pines, and White Stone.

-Teachers should be able to be spoken with and paid a 'small' fee per minute to improve your experience on a particular subject, like fighting, tailoring, manufacturing, etc

Also more non-talkable NPC's are needed to fill in the empty chairs in the so many schools, so give it an idea of the world being filled with ppl.

-Please make cross-(bows) manufacturing possible. Really, do.

-Making Boat trips a real expedition boat trip?

Having to barter/bargain about your boat price and/or having to do some chores and tasks. (giving exp ofc)

Also during a boat trip you can get a storm of pirate attack, so you'll need to defend yourself on the boat or pay a fee for passage..

(tech, transported to secluded part to defend from the pirate goblin fleet)

And it can be put into a 'negative'  perk?

'Real Boat Experience perk'

Many players use the boat, but can be boring, and being a fan of old-fashion boats, I would like to enter every boat in the game?

Making stuff only possible at certain locations.

Like a sword, armor needs certain equipment like an oven, tangs which can found in a blacksmith location.

Like potions and engineering needs a laboratory (without Dexter's sister)

Like tailoring needs a sewing machine

Less stuff using EFE, or exchange it for normal FE is large quantity, so ppl can continue.

On very rare occasion while making things like HE, polished diamond, armor, sword ppl should be able to get a rare object.

(very rare occasion, like making a polished diamond, Aluwen got very envious so exchanged it with something else similar.)

Durability on goods, like in Diablo.

Having durability on goods could improve the feeling a product is more or less going to degrade or being spoiled.

(my raw meat is in the fridge for years now and still hasn't spoiled?)

Downside is that each product needs a durability number, which is a disaster to register on a server.

Raw meat should be processed within weeks instead of being there till eternity?

Durability improvement actions can be added.

Once you've read an in-game book, make it checked so it can be read over and over another time later?

Keep track of the status of quests on server.

Probably a pain in the ass, but knowing the status of any quest is very important for any player.

If you reinstall the game for some reason it deletes sometime the old entries, making it difficult to know where you are as a player in a quest.

Hopefully the server can re-entry the player's quests log so it becomes easier to find the so-called exclamation mark.

Radu, if you have improved the game further please ask a standard fee of 1 to 3 dollar for downloading the game but only fee once.

(ppl like to use any app, once they've paid for it, to not have the feel of having 'lost' money)

Comments/Thoughts:

1:

First, why would a bot owner want their bot to move from one point to another? That would make it difficult for anyone wanting to buy/sell to the bot.

Second, you'd be hard pressed to find many bot owners willing to move their bots to a 'pretty' location from a 'convenient' one.

Currently, bot owners want their bots placed in the most convenient/high-traffic locations. That's why the majority of bots are on c1, and why there's so many south of sto in MM, in PL city, and on the walk to sto in NC.  If you want to buy something from a bot, you probably are going to search price, if it costs you more to get to a bot in a far flung location who might be selling something slightly cheaper than a conveniently located bot, you might reconsider which you are buying from and opt for the closer one despite the higher cost.

2:

Which teachers? The one's in the skill schools? Is double (or triple/quadruple if #day) xp not sufficient bonus?

3:

Why? I have a ranger and have broken bow/crossbow before... but if you know and pay attention to what you're doing, you can use bows in pretty good confidence of not breaking.

Also, the best bows are currently shop or quest rewards. I doubt radu would add those to the manu table.

A better proposal (though still unlikely for addition) would be to add a new ranged weapon crafting skill, move the current arrow crafting stuff from engineering to there, and flesh it out with more projectile types and weapon types as well. Make it similar in scope to tailoring in terms of cost, so as to not remove the gold-sink aspect of the ranging skill.

4:

Sorry, no. I dislike this idea a lot. This isn't the Oregon Trail. Even charging a small fee to use boats is too much, in my opinion. 

5:

This isn't Runescape. This would add an interesting aspect to the game, but would be a very significant change from what's currently done.

6:

What do you mean continue? Who's losing progress from not making steel plates all day long? The chance for EFE when mixing FE could be adjusted so more EFE are produced, but the problem of EFE is more economics than what the rarity/availability of the actual item.

7:

Many armors do have rare varieties. Certainly making enriched essences for those that do not currently have one isn't a bad idea, but they would also need an application otherwise they'd be useless.

8:

Sto is a magic box.

9:

Uh... why do you need to re-learn how to make a Health Essence once you've learned how to already? Big books are re-readable for exp? I don't see the point.

10:

This has been asked for multiple times, maybe something can be done?

11:

Payment stuff is radu's wheelhouse... I think if he wanted to do this, he'd have done it already... but that's his call.

Keep track of the status of quests on server.

Probably a pain in the ass, but knowing the status of any quest is very important for any player.

The Server does keep track of the quest status of every player already. Problem is there is no Protocol for sending the quest status to the client.

I would love to see such a Protocol Implemented. Because yes while i am pretty sure i have done every little quest in game (except for the breaking quest where i am on the last 2 pieces for over a year now) i am not sure thats true, and only way for me to find out is to talk to all npc again.

Making stuff on special locations i would agree would be nice, But a lot of work on both client and server side.

If boat trips take times or have events in it people uses them less. As its mainly used to go by foot from one place to the other rest uses tele to portals

1 hour ago, vinoveritas said:

The Server does keep track of the quest status of every player already. Problem is there is no Protocol for sending the quest status to the client.

I would love to see such a Protocol Implemented. Because yes while i am pretty sure i have done every little quest in game (except for the breaking quest where i am on the last 2 pieces for over a year now) i am not sure thats true, and only way for me to find out is to talk to all npc again.

Making stuff on special locations i would agree would be nice, But a lot of work on both client and server side.

If boat trips take times or have events in it people uses them less. As its mainly used to go by foot from one place to the other rest uses tele to portals

+1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:38 PM, vinoveritas said:

Even talking to NPC does not help. An example is the noob break quest in NC for armor up to titanium chain. Absolutely no feedback on that quest.  There are a few more like that.

And please finish Kill Bob II before adding any new quests.  At least have NPC give up asking for more and just return scythe and some experience.  It has been unfinished in years.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:12 PM, Lorianne said:

Less stuff using EFE

This. Could exchange some EFE recipies to other ess, like Enriched energy (which has so little use atm).

I saw somewhere in forums, the suggestion to return Neno to original form.  I would LOVE to see the outhouses producing not just the occasional rat, but some other higher monster.  Give the harvesters of dung a reason to be a little less aft :devlish:

Thats a ME TOO for a totally different reason :P

Edited by lyndy