Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kaddy

EXP Bonus after the kill

:hiya:

Yeah, I knew this would happen. Instead of a proper discussion about 1 thing, it turns into another round of bullshit & moaning about the game. So fine, I'll address a couple of points then you can get on with it on your own.

9 hours ago, StouXy said:

Now, it's a year of 2018, where people have millions of games to choose from. And what do people want? Do they want to spend 8 hours of training ( in general, on computer playing one game ) or do they want action?

Yes, that is what I want. I want a game that takes a long time. Cos that's the kind of thing I like. Your constant bitching about 'action' and 'pk' and acting like you know it all is, well, pathetic. You know how to make a great MMORPG? Really? Then fk off and make one - if it actually works I'll even sign up.

But you won't. Cos it is bitching you want, bitching you like & nonsense you spout.

And it always will be nonsense cos you lack the skills & balls to make one yourself.

10 hours ago, Kaddy said:

I am the first player in EL to kill Ice Dragon in Bethel, first player to kill acw in hulda along with 2 friends, was in the first team to go WTF instance. What experience you have of EL?

Awesome. Well done. Here is a biscuit.

You're right, I didn't kill the first dragon, or go to the first wtf or anything like that.

Mainly because when I started playing there were no dragons, instances, dailies - there wasn't even a C2! So while I may not be able to run around re-living the 'glory' of past achievements like you can, I know enough.

For example, I know you're asking for the game to be the same as every other game out there - why? If you don't like it, follow the advise I gave Stouxy. But, like him, you won't. It'll just be more bitching, more stamping your feet & more tantrums.

Another thing I know is that, once again, you are demanding shit that just will not happen. Like going to a vegetarian restaurant & ordering a beef casserole - it's never going to happen. Why not? Well, to put it simply, this is an MMORPG - not a 1st person shooter or such because that is what this is leading to.

Seriously, stop flaming, trolling & shouting about what you don't like about the game and saying how much better it would be if it did what you want cos - whether you believe or understand this - this is not your game and it is not only you that plays it. There are lots of people who, like me, play this BECAUSE of what it is & how it works - NOT what we want to make someone change it to for our own whims.

So please feel free in joining Stouxy in fkng off & making your own perfect, action-filled, easy af to level, pk-filled game.

But you won't.

You'll just keep bitching.

As I said at the start of this post, this is it for me on this thread I think. Unless something awesome is said you can all just continue your descent into bitching & moaning cos I really don't see this thread going anywhere else.

:medieval:

1 hour ago, RipTide said:

It would:

You may not get a exp bonus on dragons, but you'd rack up bonuses on all the leg orcs, yeti, and other lower level monsters that you therm serp your way though in an invasion. In essence, you'd get a full 15 round a/d exp for every monster you sliced though.

This sounds like a good idea as well, I couldn't care less if this get implemented as well or not. I have been trying to figure out the bonus exp depending on creature's a/d/hp own a/d, it doesn't seem that easy to come up with since it will be either too low to bother or too high when farming in invasion. If it is solely for regular training then it could not affect red name at all

Edited by dragon_killer

1 hour ago, FairyTail said:

Seriously, stop flaming, trolling & shouting about what you don't like about the game and saying how much better it would be if it did what you want cos - whether you believe or understand this - this is not your game and it is not only you that plays it. There are lots of people who, like me, play this BECAUSE of what it is & how it works - NOT what we want to make someone change it to for our own whims.

You'll just keep bitching.

As I said at the start of this post, this is it for me on this thread I think. Unless something awesome is said you can all just continue your descent into bitching & moaning cos I really don't see this thread going anywhere else.

You seem to be the only one bitching right now since other people try to ask questions or give a feedback using a proper attitude.

You don't get as much exp as if you are beyond +15 a/d.(could be +20 or even; +30 starting frost troll or giants)

How I picture it, exp gets divided by amount of people attacking it; Only work on melee.

Kaddy will probably post something later,

At 70a/d

27a759a6612ff17afc245c354c58bcd3.png

At 120a/d

a1f16df53a87ab9893a1668f1ac4ff1e.png

At 160 a/d

5ccdea82a237615f7d9a98caed5d9f5d.png

Edited by dragon_killer

1 hour ago, Aislinn said:

Psssst Kaddy!  Radu asked you a question.

I talked to him, but still couldn’t have time to stand on my pc to detail my work to answer his question. 

What d_k put here is some of the start of my formulations. We been talking to find a better way to handle different parameters to decide bonus exp. 

I RARLEY say this, but i have to agree with Fairytail & Aislinn. I read everything that was written in this forum topic, i don't like the idea. 

From what i understood the main purpose of this is to get more people in the 100-140 A/D range. Now even if people do enter that range, they will just end up capping out alot quicker if they get bonus exp, on top of all the bonus exp they already get! Also the higher a/d someone gets, the less a/d exp they get on the mob, since they are stronger than the mob. If someone with 100/100 a/d fought a yeti let's say the xp will be 150 att/150 def. If someone with 150's a/d fought a yeti the xp will be 110/110. The chart above favors higher level players alot more than lower, when higher level players have the advantage already.

If you truly want more players in the 100-140 A/D range, mind you this is slighty off-topic, i would suggest making the mobs around the 100-125 a/d range drop better drops. (I would suggest it be mobs in the instance only from the 100-140 range so that it's not easily farmed, and you must have a character in that range to reap any of the benefits.). We have seen a huge amount of lower level alts afk farming or just physcially farming lower level mobs to get tokens. So just make an incentive for mid-range mobs. Lower level mob drop good drops. Mid range mobs don't really drop that well. While higher level mobs drop really well. 

The big plateau on this game is the experience after level 100 to about 130/140. (They are so many dalies now.. with minium amount of effort. Dragonblade & bronze plate at 160+ A/D get close to 2m~ exp in total in a/d without sun-tzu) Becasue from 90-100 it's like leveling from 80-90. Since the exp increase is reduced by 7% to 5%. http://www.el-cel.com/info/experience.php    

I'd like to add to my list of questions (the old ones first):

• How much bonus does OL give, since it's basically what you are suggesting?
  • How does OL handle magic kills?
  • How does OL handle ranged kills?
  • How does OL handle any other kill that is not melee combat (engineering, summoning, possibly others)?
  • How does OL handle multi-combat scenarios?
  • Are you suggesting removing the on hit/dodge model currently employed completely, or adding a separate bonus at the end of a fight?
  • Have you made a character from scratch recently? If so, what build?
  • What's your current preferred training method (including what level you are)?
  • How is this different than OL?

New ones:

• If I don't ever hit the mob via melee, but still kill it, do I still get bonus att exp? (example: magic kill while engaged, summon kill, igitd kill, others)

• If I don't ever dodge the mob, and still kill it, do I still get bonus def exp?

• An added emphasis, what happens in multi-combat situations (meaning two players hitting the same mob)?

• What happens in PvP situations? (both vs players and summons)

• What happens if I flee, then re-engage? (take something [say a dragon] that might have a BIG bonus down to very low hp, flee, re-engage, and kill within 15 rounds)

• Assume the same scenario as above, but my buddy damages the dragon down to very little, then I come and kill it, what then?

Sorry, the more I think about this the less I like it and the more potential abuses I see. In the overall picture, I very much agree with Mr. Letters.

Stouxy, you seriously don't know what you are talking about.  And "better", just like "beauty", is in the eye of the beholder.  You alone are not the arbitrator of "better".

And please watch your language or you will find yourself with missing posts.

To respond to some of the few questions of diealot.

I haven't played OL but I would say the exp only comes when the kill is counted on the #ach; so magic, ranging, summoning, engineering won't count.

multi-combat scenario I've thought of dividing the exp per amount of players fighting the creature or another case is the exp will go to the one that did most of the damage(just as gatherer works, for example if you used a summon creature and it does most of the damage no one would get the exp).

The bonus being a separated exp in addition of the a/d exp you get from dodging/hitting a creature.

And if a buddy of your come and damage the dragon, and you came to do the kill you would get the exp, though what could be done is exp being very little when level between player and creature is too apart.

The chart above wasn't really thought over to be fair.

But yeah I do see some negative impact after raising all those questions, especially in invasions.

17 hours ago, Diealot said:

I'd like to add to my list of questions (the old ones first):

• How much bonus does OL give, since it's basically what you are suggesting?
  • How does OL handle magic kills?
  • How does OL handle ranged kills?
  • How does OL handle any other kill that is not melee combat (engineering, summoning, possibly others)?
  • How does OL handle multi-combat scenarios?
  • Are you suggesting removing the on hit/dodge model currently employed completely, or adding a separate bonus at the end of a fight?
  • Have you made a character from scratch recently? If so, what build?
  • What's your current preferred training method (including what level you are)?
  • How is this different than OL?

New ones:

• If I don't ever hit the mob via melee, but still kill it, do I still get bonus att exp? (example: magic kill while engaged, summon kill, igitd kill, others)

• If I don't ever dodge the mob, and still kill it, do I still get bonus def exp?

• An added emphasis, what happens in multi-combat situations (meaning two players hitting the same mob)?

• What happens in PvP situations? (both vs players and summons)

• What happens if I flee, then re-engage? (take something [say a dragon] that might have a BIG bonus down to very low hp, flee, re-engage, and kill within 15 rounds)

• Assume the same scenario as above, but my buddy damages the dragon down to very little, then I come and kill it, what then?

Sorry, the more I think about this the less I like it and the more potential abuses I see. In the overall picture, I very much agree with Mr. Letters.

Please check first message.

Thanks for the clarifications.

I still don't really like it. 

• It seems easily abusable
  • Seems like it would speed a/d up even further (it's already by far the fastest reliable exp in game, with the exception of a whale with white wizard hats perhaps)
  • I think it'd make it even more difficult to achieve some of the more eccentric 'classes' (huge gap tank, gap hitters, low a/d mage/summon/rangers). EL is a sandbox game, the current system allows for quite a lot of freedom in character build. To me EL's best feature is it's sandboxness and I rarely like ideas that are contrary to that premise.
  • I think other areas of the game could use updates before a/d (a crap reason, but the non-combat combat skills all could use some help [magic/summon/range])

All that being said, radu should do what he thinks is best for the game. Certainly this would change things a LOT, and (even though we just had an extensive client update) the game itself has been more or less the same for quite some time now. I do think some more experimentation is a good thing.

i always found el counter-intuitive.

The fun about killing stuff is getting loot. But the faster you kill, the less exp you get.

and then people think its better this way. i have no clue whatsoever.

Edited by LongMustache

As it is now, you choose: more experience or more loot, you cannot get both. And depending on build attributes and equipment,

you can skew the experience you get to favour either defence or attack (e.g. tank builds).

And I think that is better, as it gives more ways to play the game, so more paths for different players.

Changing it so that you can get both max. exp. and max loot would (IMO) require a reduction in drop rates, especially for the rare drops,

and could make choosing between attack or def experience harder (depending on how the change would be implemented).

Edited by revi

2 minutes ago, revi said:

As it is now, you choose: more experience or more loot, you cannot get both.

I like how EL is built this way, whereas there are alot of other MMOs that offer both. Never really liked that. EL is a game all of its own, which makes it my favorite till this day.

Yes, that's the idea. When you kill a mob you already get a reward, you get the loot. Giving a bonus exp after the kill will of course make people level faster, but:

1. You can already level MUCH faster than when EL started (daily quests and such).

2. Would encourage people to use only the best gear they can buy and would make some weapons useless.

3. There will be more fights for spawns.

4. Unbalance the attributes, as everyone will want to have max phy/coo right away.