Eternal Lands Official Forums
caladina

Add invasion only monsters to novac as a quest

After completing all the novac quests could we have invasion only creatures added novac.

would be in a random order format, get them when you can.

it would be a fun quest to go into invasions to search out and try and kill some of them

I agree with Vino. We'd have to place the right monster, the programming would be a nightmare. And personally, invasions for me are a brick drop fest. I look at a red named monster and I drop a brick.

I would like to see haidir expanded to high level monsters, but it would have to be a different daily. The top A/D level for haidir monsters is 135. That is why we don't have LOrcs, ACW and giants.

The higher the critter, the higher the chance some idiot will take over the spawn and make it impossible to be a Haidir option, particularly since there's so few spawns, esp. dragons, but with no rule against it and higher levels seeming to bring out the ass in people...

No. Haidir is fine. It's a daily, not an all-day.

54 minutes ago, Burn said:

The higher the critter, the higher the chance some idiot will take over the spawn and make it impossible to be a Haidir option, particularly since there's so few spawns, esp. dragons, but with no rule against it and higher levels seeming to bring out the ass in people...

With this mindset, we shouldn’t have FT daily, should we? Since it is the only place to train them. 

Also, noone said higher haidirs should be easy. If some asshole high level takes over the spawn, use haidir pass to get something else - more sales for radu. The quest-doer have to make a choice there;

- Should I bother to stay at spawn or fight for spawn to get a good reward?

- Should I just pass it and enjoy my other non-stressful haidir. 

16 hours ago, Burn said:

I totally agree! Imagine on a Tzu someone  taking a dragon spawn just to prevent everyone from doing their haidir. Already, we have the Novac quest blocked at Armed Orcs and the red dragon. We have enough blocked resources as it is, no reason to add another.

20 hours ago, RipTide said:

I totally agree! Imagine on a Tzu someone  taking a dragon spawn just to prevent everyone from doing their haidir. Already, we have the Novac quest blocked at Armed Orcs and the red dragon. We have enough blocked resources as it is, no reason to add another.

Seriously, are you saying just because of 1 guy, we need to stop enlarging game content? wow, just WOW.

14 minutes ago, Kaddy said:

Seriously, are you saying just because of 1 guy, we need to stop enlarging game content? wow, just WOW.

Of course not, but... 130-135 cannot kill Lorcs, giants, acw or dragons. Radu has said haidir is geared to 130's being the top monster level. We need something other than haidir for this. An NPC that won't even talk with you until you are 150's.

Secondly, 1 player has stopped all hydro runs. You really think that he wouldn't stop everyone from killing the RD on a tzu? How about bombing people trying to kill icy. The abuse can be endless given the right circumstances.

Keep in mind that the Vanquisher perk is given for killing a bundle of mobs - ending in ice dragon - and this is done by almost everyone before they're out of the 120's. At the latest.

Besides, if we did get the acw / giant / red drag Haidir dailies then it is not beyond the whit of man to add them in such a way so they do not get offered until you are over a certain level. You know, like they already are.

Certain people will moan about them being added, just like they moan about this every time it comes up, because of the "huge exp the pro's will get. it's not fair".

You know what's not fair? You moaning when your a/d levels are still like 4-6mil exp apart - try feeling the fairness of dailies when you have 50-90mil per level and the best Haidirs are significantly below the top-half of the Daritha dailies.

As for how things can be ruined, look at a certain ore deposit. Mines have been slightly changed but it's still annoying af to go so afaik, the numbers going have not changed. Because of a player being... annoying. So more giant & acw spawns please ;)

:medieval:

what Riptide tried to say in an earlier post about high monsters needing a different quest:

If i understood the issue correctly, there's a technical barrier for adding monsters over ~135 to Haidir's daily.

Solvable, but a lot of recoding. So it is NOT a matter of preventing lower level players getting one of the strong monsters,

there's just no easy way to add them (and I have no idea how complicated the change would be).

As for moaning about needing too many dailies or them being unfair: nothing stops anyone to go back to the old system, you know, training...

13 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Game content hardly consists of "Haidir and nothing else".

With as much time as I've put into adding to this game, don't even think to "wow" me.

Alot of talk about Haidir , origonal thought was an extra set of mobs to check off as a long term one off quest on novac, nothing to do with haidir

that being said i question the text by riptide "130-135 cannot kill Lorcs, giants, acw or dragons." 

the icy was no picnic for sure but the lorcs giants acw and black dragons down are certainly doable on my 121 char

1 hour ago, caladina said:

Alot of talk about Haidir , origonal thought was an extra set of mobs to check off as a long term one off quest on novac, nothing to do with haidir

that being said i question the text by riptide "130-135 cannot kill Lorcs, giants, acw or dragons." 

the icy was no picnic for sure but the lorcs giants acw and black dragons down are certainly doable on my 121 char

1 I'd like to see you kill a black dragon with a 121 char, SOLO toe to toe, no ranging! I'll place the dragon for you to kill anytime you want.

2 it's not do-able with all around char without pr0 fighting perks.

Edited by RipTide

i killed all three novac dragons with solo mellee, i had offers of help but i wanted to use it as a mark of where the char was at (Harlquin_Knight)  if i wanted to range then i would have finished novac a few years ago, the ice dragon took 149 restores, so yes the one was not one i would want to do over and over again.

as for the fight perks yes i have eva, mirror, fatal man and i forgot to turn glow on !!

p/c is 40/40 a/d was117/121 at the time so a tad under 120's

yes it is a pure fighter build not an alrounder

Edited by caladina

On 6/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, dragon_killer said:

125 acw (or 135)

135 lorc (or 145)

145 giant (or 155)

Would that be a problem for anyone who has human nexuses? 

Depends on where they are.  We do not need more dailies on PK maps.

i respect the alrounder formula for hadair that riptide pointed out, i hadnt thought about that i was looking at it as a pure fighter build

that being said shouldnt there be some consideration for fighter builds on an a/d  quest

i quite comfortable to do those on 121 fight char

Edited by caladina
more info

48 minutes ago, caladina said:

i respect the alrounder formula for hadair that riptide pointed out, i hadnt thought about that i was looking at it as a pure fighter build

that being said shouldnt there be some consideration for fighter builds on an a/d  quest

i quite comfortable to do those on 121 fight char

Taking into account fighter builds means using another formula to determine what quest a given player gets.

This has been suggested for invasion caps, and radu didn't seem particularly enthousiastic.

Also, we have Daritha's dailies, giving a/d exp for basically manu work...

:hiya:

Before posting (here or in channel) any more suggestions regarding weapons/mobs/dailies/fighting PLEASE wait.

Firstly, your knight char is not 'pure fighter build';

Secondly, please wait until you are actually a good, strong fighter so you understand things before making more suggestions like this;

Third, just because you believe your knight char is an awesome fighter doesn't make it true;

Fourth, there are people who play this game who do not fight at all - what about them? Why no suggestions for the majority of the player-base? ;
Lastly, learn about how changes are made & implemented as well as why they are/are not agreed to. A great deal of what gets suggested now has been turned down for either reasons of making/coding or the impact on the game as a whole. These can be found in this very section of the forum so, you know, not that hard to see...

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:41 AM, caladina said:

the ice dragon took 149 restores

Kind of proves the points 1-3...

I'm not saying I don't admire your enthusiasm, I do.

I would just ask you to recognise that your chars, while very numerous, are not developed enough individually to be able to give you the general overview of how levels are / how the game works at levels from beginner to very high level - especially regarding combat-related issues. Any/all change(s) have an effect on all levels & gameplay to one degree or another so it is best to have as much experience in them as possible in order to take this into account.

As an example: I believe there should be many more spawns of the higher level mobs. However, I understand that there are limits - placement (and therefore impact on that map & how it's used, if any), whether or not it is viable with the current host server to increase the 'standing number of native mobs' by xxxx amount in total as well as which particular mobs could/should be placed, of which kind & where each spawn would be placed relative to the others. It's just not as simple as merely "spawning some mobs where & up to whatever number you fancy doing at that moment".

Likewise, it is not as simple as just "chucking another few batches of mobs onto the end of an existing quest"...

Finally, there are some really good suggestions that never get the backing they deserve - like Rip's thing of the 1-2 man 'instance on request' for a reasonable fee from an npc in the AA Fortress - which would be awesome for the game as a whole, as well as saving the mods being hounded for invasions I reckon. These will continue to be overlooked as long as people keep on posting requests (like this one) that I have seen Radu say no to in channel like 4 times in the last 6-7 weeks - that I have seen myself! Probably many more considering how much I am not on recently. Seriously, being told no that often just to post it here is only going to result in less of the other suggestions made being considered.

As a final, final point: why all the fuss about Haidir / Novac anyway? After getting the Vanquisher perk, there is not much to recommend either imo - you want really good a/d exp from a daily then get your char's manu level right up & stick with Daritha. Much better rewards, faster & right by a storage...

:medieval:

Edited by FairyTail