Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

New Forum colors

Site is very bright. It hurts my eyes   Change the white to a light brown or tan.

You can make a local stylesheet that overrides the settings for a given site/page.
But to get a consistent look, that's a lot of work.

Creating a theme for the forums requires admin access or help from admins, and a
decent knowledge of CSS and perhaps HTML and Javascript.

47 minutes ago, bkc56 said:

I must have missed the memo, but what happened to the old theme?

Apparently incompatible with the new version of the forum software.

I'm not a big fan of the current colo scheme, and started to try and create a override for Firefox
(you can have a stylesheet on your local computer that overrides styles defined by a site).
Unfortunately, getting that to work as expected is rather complicated and long, as you have to
figure out exactly what to override for every item on a page (and there are a nice number of
different pages)...

Why not make it look like the Eternal Lands website <eternal-lands.com>? 
I like those colors, it matches with the Eternal Lands theme, and instead of the white screen background it would be like the Tanish Brown of el.
Sometime I think that I am on a different forums page when I see this white page so I agree, make it different. 

Or possibly have it coded so people can change the colors of how they would like it.

My thoughts

Go ahead and make something. But do remember that you need to discuss it with the forum admininistrators
(note that moderators are not administrators, they cannot change the forum colours or layout).

Be warned that it is not as simple as changing one colour in a few places, though, there are lots of subtle (and
not so subtle) pitfalls when trying to come up with a good, consistent color scheme.

As for allowing individual members to change the colours: not so that they would affect the colours others see...
If you want that

You can make a local stylesheet that overrides the settings for a given site/page.
But to get a consistent look, that's a lot of work.

Creating a theme for the forums requires admin access or help from admins, and a
decent knowledge of CSS and perhaps HTML and Javascript.

Edited by revi