Eternal Lands Official Forums
ZootNerper

[Resolved] Odd Periodic Behavoir of Mana Drain (with test client on Ubuntu)

Hi,

I run the latest test client from Bluap's test PPA on Ubuntu 17.10. Obviously, I have cast MD a lot and still do with passing mana bearing mobs or dailies.

Sometimes after I have armed the MD spell and then consequently attacked a mob with it (with the magic wand cursor), the attack is initiated but the spell is not cast. A second click on the mob (still with the wand cursor and NO re-arm of the spell) subsequently casts the spell and I get my mana as normal.

This does not happen every time. Maybe once every 15-20 attacks as a guesstimate. It is a recent development.

(Maybe linked to it being easier to attack small mobs? I also seem to "bounce" back while clicking ahead without there being a tree or my Name Tag in the way)(Just thoughts)

Small bug but just thought I would write it up.

-- Zoot

You can turn the new attack code off using the option on the controls tab. It does sound the likely cause but you could confirm this by turning the option off.

OK, so I turned the above option off and killed 110 yeti engaging with an initial MD. No problem.

I turned the option back on and I killed a further 31 (before bed) and number 19 generated the problem mentioned in my first post. Further more a second click on the same yeti (still with the magic cursor) failed to cast the MD. Third click worked.

If you would like me to do more testing like the above, just say. If you have some other idea for testing, let me know.

I've tested a change where if you have cast a spell and need to click on the target, clicking close to the target will complete the spell as if you had clicked the target directly. This prevents a non magic attack of a close clicked target if a spell is active. Does that sound like to correct behaviour?

Sorry for my slow update. Took a while before I saw the update and then RL.

I have cast over 90 MDs and not had a miss, so I think the problem is solved.

Thanks a lot for updating the client.