Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RipTide

Gate to Ida graveyard

Gives players a fighting chance with Idaloran invasions. Nothing worse then to pop out of the UW and have a dragon waiting for you. The fence can be made so that rangers can't shoot though it.

The fence can be made so that rangers can't shoot though it.

Why not let rangers shoot through it? Opportunities for rangers (and mages) to be effective and safe are few and far between as it is.

Maps are already starting to be tested for next release (no more new stuffs). Basically, too late for map changes.

However, one change to Ida is the Undertaker's house, currently in the Ida walls south of storage, has been moved into the cemetary (see image). With luck, perhaps people can get inside it before attacked. No guarantee though. Slightly better chance than nothing, at least.

M7e7FZS.png

If they have time to reach the house, they'd have time to tele out/beam.

The real tricky case is when there are mobs at or very close to the UW exit...

Can't do anything about that.

All this time, it didn't get suggested until after the final map testing has been started. I can't stop and go back to designing at this point.

Best to hope for is in 1.9.6... and at best that's a couple years away.

A simpler solution that doesn't require a client (map elm) update...

Does the exit from the UW *have* to be the Ida cemetary? C1's underworld exits on the always-safe IP map, maybe C2's should be a safe loc as well?

If there's a better location that both makes sense and would require no change to the map, perhaps you can convince radu to change the UW exit spot. That would be something he could decide, and would only require a server update. But you'd have to convince him that it's a good change.

And a thought on that... maybe the Undertaker's house itself (as pictured above). If the exit was inside the house? Decor-wise it could make sense coming from the underworld.

Edited by Burn

If the house is now in the cemetary, that would indeed make sense.

And having the players respawn at a safe place is less demotivating than popping up in the

middle of a group of (strong) mobs. Which should make for less players refusing to do

invasions (even if they come back after a short time).

And there are those that are at their last rosto, and would risk losing a large investment in

gear, really putting them off invasions.

So not getting clobbered again straight upon leaving the Underworld might help motivate the

more occasional invasioners (who have no reason to take the 'underworlder' perk @ 2 PP).

I never thought of this before until Wizzy's last c2 portals. I like the idea of re-spawning inside the undertaker's house. provides the same protection. We just got to sell Radu on the idea.

I think this is a good idea. I got stuck in one time during a global invasion without a 2nd rosto to lose and needed a player to go to C2 UW via back door to deliver to me.

I have the Underworlder perk now but I still think it is a good idea but what if it is full especially full of AFK players?

Does that prevent players from exiting, kick player with longest AFK time out to grave yard or deposit you in graveyard?

Maybe add a Charon (from the Roman myths) NPC who can send you to C1 UW for a fee which can be taken out of storage which of course triples for anti players.

I have the Underworlder perk now but I still think it is a good idea but what if it is full especially full of AFK players?

Does that prevent players from exiting, kick player with longest AFK time out to grave yard or deposit you in graveyard?

Would take 166 characters to fill the house insides preventing someone from getting out of the underworld. That obviously ain't gonna happen short of a blatant abuser who'd get banned.

In this situation most would teleport from the house given the point, invaders outside. Would take 8 or so to block the door to leave, but again that's a rule violation.

Moving a player anywhere other than the location they're supposed to drop (into the house in this case) would require special coding, the server just doesn't work that way.

I think this is an excellent idea from Rip Tide, I logged on, think it was Sunday with Burns invasion, and surrounded by giants and god knows what at Arius stor. straight to underworld lol, trying to exit spent nearly 2 hours to get to a storage, but once id exited underworld, many times a dragon, giant or other creature outside, fair enough, but there was nowhere I could go back in2 that was safe, so gave up for the night as pity would of enjoyed the different range of critters : ) Just one thing if I may ask, is saying where the invasion is or what type (ie Burns Portal) something that might be an idea when you log on, just new players will probably not be in guilds so cant ask them, and they may not know about Channel 6! just a thought. For the record I got as far as glacmor I think, as Ida no chance, and bloody cold killed me as by then wearing nothing but a harv cape lol, if u found it congratz : )

:hiya:

Top idea Mr The Tide!
Top work & much appreciated Burn!

2 other points:

1) If you want to know if something is happening before logging in go here: https://mercator.holy-eternalland.de A very useful site to have on your fave's bar!

2) Glacmor is a winter map but has no cold damage - maybe you were somewhere else?

:medieval:

many thanks for the link Fairy : ) that helps alot : ) but to a new player, and ive been playing 10 years+, useless unless u know its there now I do ty: ) I did put" i think" Glacmor lol !! it was a ship from Ida, with 5hp I was glad to get to port and ship lol

Would take 166 characters to fill the house insides preventing someone from getting out of the underworld. That obviously ain't gonna happen short of a blatant abuser who'd get banned.

Thanks. Never been in house I guess. I thought I examined every house in Ida but it may have been before the map updates.

It's existed since before 1.9.3, just inside the city. Outside is moved, but it has the same internals. Currently at 505,111 in Ida (marked "X" on my unoff maps).