Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thingrim

Crafting daily quest(s)

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should "crafitng daily" be added to game?

• Yes
    • No

Idea is simple, and I don't claim to be its only author, I'm sure that others suggested that before. I will just give few additional details.

Like any other daily quests, once a day you can go to NPC, call it craft master, there you choose 1 from crafting (item making) skills. NPC tells you what item(s) you need to make IN FRONT OF HIM and gives you ingredients for them (or pay FAIR after). For that you get extra experience in skill you have choosen as reward.

Minimal requirements:

You have to have at least level 20 in chosen skill and some required nexuses. (Example for manufacturing is at least artificial nexus = 2)

As with others daily quests, with higher skill level and higher nexuses you can get harder to make items (based on recomended level) with bigger reward. No items with rare ingredients, that would just kill idea.

Edited by Thingrim

I would like to see a daily crafters. but I do not like the idea of making them in front of npc. Just deliver the item that is requested.

Is the same way for engineering daily or daritha. even maia.

This way it gives everyone a chance to build up the skill, if they have the nexus or not.

While I have the nexus and make everything that I can, some items are out of reach because of poor levels and bad astro.

Today for my engineer daily, I am 10 levels below the requested item, I had 10 crit fails while making 5, had to stop and make more ess and polished emeralds to complete.

Would be silly to have to do this in front of npc.

So I vote no, the way it is worded now.

In my opinion just bringing item won't make it crafting daily. Sure you can make mines for eng daily but you can just buy them from someone and never need knowledge or nexus to make it yourself.

Thingrim still trying to tell people what to do in 2017 LUL.

In all honesty, this sounds like a daily that you want as it would be tailor-made for you. NONE of the other dailies require you to do it in front of an npc - or even make the stuff yourself!

The dailies, as I understand these things, were brought into the game to allow players without capability in some areas to gain an amount of exp per day through (fairly) straightforward tasks in order to increase those levels making it easier for new players to compete with the long-established, already high-level chars in a lesser time than it would previously have taken them. To introduce a crafting daily which would only be available only to those who already 'can' do pretty high level / high nexus things is nothing short of selfishness on your part.

Which is exactly what was said by me & various others in channel some months ago when you first said about this. You remember - just before you tried telling Radu et al that you knew what was best for the game & no-one else did cos they were stupid.

Additionally, none of the present dailies require any nexus at all. So, from a personal viewpoint, as I have human 7 only in nexuses I would be precluded from this daily. So would a great deal of other players as they may have animal, vegetal or inorganic nexuses but no/insufficient artificial &/or magic nexuses. Yes, there are many players (including one of my chars) who do have sufficient nexuses & level (artificial 7 / magic 5 / crafting 76) meaning I could take advantage of this proposed daily. However, the key part of that sentence for me would be "take advantage" - I would always vote this sort of thing as a 'no' because I would not like to see something implemented into the game that I could use but others could not.

So, to summarise: no.

Would rather see other dailies implemented prior. Magic or Range daily would be neat, and either could be a bit more than the current standard of 'bring npc X' or 'kill # of Y for npc'.

Example:

Range daily 'generic': Shoot x target y times. could have multiple similar targets on different maps. could be monsters, objects, flora, or other stuff.

Magic daily 'generic': Use item in 'secret' rooms with specific defensive spell active.

Magic daily 'generic'2: Target X with Y 'offensive' spell (the targetable ones).

Magic daily 'generic'3: deliver stuff to ttr only locations.

Both could add risk by adding targets that are monsters, and maps that aren't always safe.

why should crafters not get a chance to use their abilities and why we need another daily with which levels could be bought? OK I'm not as generous as Fairytail - I like the idea that some players can do things that others can't do -- mmm - I just do not remember a rule that forbits all players to take all nexus :D

While we can discuss the motivations behind the proposal untill we are blue in the face, that doesn't change the merits (or lack of same) of the proposal. And we already have dailies that take into account player levels (Haidir, Daritha, even Minel requires a minimum eng. level).

In any case, ad hominem attacks are usually a sign of weakness...

Now back to the proposal itself.

Personally, I think such a daily could be a useful addition, but then with a fixed reward related to the level required to make the requested item; so that a lvl 100 alchemist won't get 10* the experience for making a FE compared to a lvl 10 alchemist... And of course, the requested item should be in range for the character concerned (say only items for which the character has at least the recommended level).

Ingredients provided by the NPC? Rather not, or at best one set, and the experience you get would have to be lowin that case (at best 2-3x the experience you'd have gotten for the item otherwise). Same with a gc reward: if you insist on a fair gc price (whatever that may be), experience should be low, and the more gc you get, the lower the experience should be. It should not become free experience.

As this daily would involve nexus as well as skill levels, an option to skip in exchange for a longer cooldown would be nice. If it is another one requiring passes, I'd expect quite a few players to just stop doing it after a while.

That should make it doable for a decent number of players, and not impossible to skip. Note also that the original proposal mentioned a choice of mixing skills, (the term crafting might have been poorly chosen). So yes, it is a daily more targeted towards mixers and not as good for pure fighters.

As someone who managed the feat of getting a few skills over 100 with hard labour (crafting alch tail) and others very close to it. I like the idea for daily quests on all skills. I do think having them made in front of a npc is a good touch. And i must disagree with revi, A daily quest reward should be based on the skill level of a player. so if an silver ring on that crafting daily gives 100xp per crafting level, it will give someone with crafting 1 100 additional xp and someone with crafting Level 100 10kxp

Its actually fair, as someone with crafting 100 will need over 2 millionxp to reach next level while a level 1 need 56xp

So with raising levels you need raised xp to keep up with the need for next level. (of course you are all free to buy big books of crafting :P

The matter of experience can be argued both ways, and depends on how the quest is implemented.

My thought was that part of the extra experience for higher levels comes from the higher items you get to mix, and experience proportional to the level in addition to that would be exaggerated. The more as in the original proposal there would be virtually zero cost for the lower level items, and limited costs for the higher level items (ingredients provided by NPC before or fair gc price after).

If you want the daily quest to be low cost, then for me that implies you get little experience (and the lower the cost, the less experience...). If, otoh, you'd have to provide all ingredients, for little or no gc return, then the experience should be higher.

Don't forget that Haidir has a cost, even for the lower level creatures: you have to invest time and/or resources to kill the critters, and the more difficult ones tend to pay better.

And of course, it depends on how you see those quests:

- Dorel has various small tasks, with level-independent pay-out, and I don't think anyone uses those as part of a levelling strategy

-Haidir (and perhaps Daritha), otoh, with SunTzu days, Haidir passes and cooldown removals are used by some to gain levels quickly, sometimes through massive investments of gc or $$.

How a new quest is implemented would in part depend on how radu sees it within the overall game (nice extra or option for quick level)

When i started the game i had set my goal to reach 100 on each skill, i have overshot that goal on quite a few skills including crafting. i do not get any oa xp anymore and the skills that i need to level more then 5 levels have all a daily skill or i have reset my goal long time ago like in ranging where i had put it to 70 (why waste more gc into that skill really)

So when i say this its really no deal for me anymore. but raising skills like crafting and manu are extremly costly in time and gc (you can do them with big books now so it gets better)

So dailys would be nice, as the xp deal requirement gets higher, make the xp higher level based, and of course also higher for the items made a col would need a hell lot more xp per level then a silver ring.

I see what you are saying, and I'm still in that climbing stage (mixer levels vary from 66 to 111).

But, one thing that has disappeared for me is a certain pride in the next a/d level,

because leveling it is so easy now with Haidir and Daritha, even at level 146/147

(and I hardly use passes, don't go to invance, and don't use cooldown reducers).

It still takes time, but for me, a/d levels have become too easy, and that removes

part of the interest from the game.

If you go for a mixer daily with low cost and high experience (as per original proposal),

that's going to be the case for those skills as well. Or worse, as getting high levels then

really doesn't require an investment anymore.

Like I said, how to implement such a daily depends on how you want to fit it in the game

as a whole. And that's up to radu.

I believe that we have several other postings on this topic somewhere in the annals of the forum. I know 1 of them was by me. I think my original idea was that it would be set up 2 ways. 1, turn in (so many) of something get x amount of exp. 2, mix directly in front of the NPC and get x amount of exp + a bonus. That way crafters with the nexus would paid for specializing in crafting. It could be implemented for a manu daily as well. Daritha is not a manu daily since you get a/d exp as a pay out.

As for a ranging daily, radu has said that he can't do it. I have an idea how to make it happen, but that is for another tread.

Magic doesn't need a daily, tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing the magic schools have a use. i.e. half mana or double exp.

my 2 cents.

It would be nice to

- get xp in the crafting skills instead of a/d

- get a bonus if you make it yourself (in front of the NPC, your item poofs and is considered handed in) A new mechanism like this requires you can hand it in one by one, which will require programming so is not going to happen :(

- have it be less predictable, so a generic mixing daily, rather than one specific to a single mixing skill

- have the item (and thus xp) depend on the level of the quester, so no silver ring at craft 100

- finally get something for the mixers, that rewards them for their effort

Edited by Maxine

just let the npc who gives the quest let sit in the schhol. So no hand in just a poofing item

Edited by BruSu