Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

Engineering Quest Flynt gives no exp.

Today is a special day:
Day of Alfred Nobel
Today Alfred Nobel is visiting us. You get twice the engineering exp.

I thought great, let's go make a daily quest. I was asked to go to Flynt who asked me to place 10 small mines near the entrance of Palon Vertas in Thelinor (pk map) . Because I can not manufacture the mines myself, I bought them for 20.000 gold. Then I placed them directly at the flag and nothing happend !

Now i asked in help channel and revi said it always worked for him , so obviously quest is not broken. Stivy said I should try again with different coordinates and is sure still waiting for me to try again on the other side. Honestly I do not know what I did wrong here. It could indeed be the wrong place, or maybe I steped on a mine.

But here is what I would like to say to radu: ( kindly but also seriousness )

It is your RESPONSIBILITY to make sure, that the quest is robust enough, so it can not fail . Please make sure that it works or give the NPC _specific_ instructions on how to do it successfully !

Viele Grüße

Solar

it does work, yes if you placed them in the wrong coord those ones wont count, if you or a mob stands on a mine that mine still counts.

maybe only one or two are out of place for the quest, engineering daily is not cheap, even when you can make most stuff your self

on the + side, it is the best quest on the eng daily for exp,

beg borrow or steal some more mines and try again

If memory serves (been too long since I've done it) the best place for the mines is on the other side of the rock from the flag. West side I THINK!

If I am wrong...oops.

Yeah, don't place them near the flag, place them near the _entrance_, that is, as far West as you can. (I lost my mines the first time I did it, too, exactly the same way you did.)

The flag itself (in Thelinor going to PV) is the actual problem here, as it's a bit further into the map than it should be.

Mines for that should be placed near the actual entrance, between the edge of the map and the rock that the flag is at.

Best thing to remember is the flag is not the actual exit, but the path itself.

(In 1.9.5, I already have that flag moved to be directly at the exit, so it'll be less confusing whenever that version is ready. Along with several other poorly placed flags on multiple maps. Maps sometimes need tweaks to be more relevant to newer things like this.)