Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Android client, 5th release

As before, this is work in progress, not everything is working properly. Here is a list of changes.

VR mode: At the log in screen, tap the upper part of the screen. There will be a slideshow of different scenes. Obviously, you need Google Cardboard or similar device for it to work. Press the back button to exit. This mode is not 100% complete, there are issues, but some scenes look nice (and others not so nice).

Made the destination "x" on the map more visible.

The books are now resized properly.
Added gamma adjustment (it doesn't work on my device though, but someone asked for it) and show timestamps in the options menu.
The text won't get selected again while scrolling in the console with the finger
Made the console scrolling smoother, also removed the scroll bar
Made the mana number being centered in the spell window (it was off the side a bit)
The indicators window is now resized properly
The Android Back button closes more windows
After dropping an item (by dragging it out of the inventory window), the dragged item is not dragged anymore.
If you have a bag open, clicking (with walk mode) on an inventory item, it will drop that item
Now the health numbers are shown above actors (it requires to delete all data)
Now the settings are saved on exit (and also fixed a few related problems)
The achievement menu is properly resized. However, for the time being, once you close it, you can't open it again (until a client restart). This will be fixed eventually.
Fixed the loading screen text/bar alignment

Well, I can report that the 3d worked on my moto g 2nd gen with the google cardbord.

I am harvesting silver ore with Android client, so far the only down side is to click on the right spots (windows closing, chenging clothes, etc).

But is perfectly playable so far.

Found a pretty weird bug. The options menu pops up with a completely transparent background and has no X and no way to get rid of it. It makes the camera bars completely unusable as it covers them. I have no idea what causes it. It happened on my Samsung Galaxy Exhilerate on Android version 4.0.4. Heres a screenshot: qfF27h4.png

Could you tell me where the game user files are, please? I mean the .elc/main/*

They are inaccessible, unless if you are root. I MIGHT be able to move them somewhere more accessible, but I will explore this possibility later.

Found a pretty weird bug. The options menu pops up with a completely transparent background and has no X and no way to get rid of it. It makes the camera bars completely unusable as it covers them. I have no idea what causes it. It happened on my Samsung Galaxy Exhilerate on Android version 4.0.4. Heres a screenshot:

Ok, so the menu popped up by itself, without trying to open it? That's pretty strange...

If you open the settings menu normally, what happens? Does it have the tabs, bars, etc?

One more thing, did you click on a player and seen the achievements window before this happened?

Could you tell me where the game user files are, please? I mean the .elc/main/*

Newer android versions restrict data file access to the application that created the data. This is a technique called sandboxing used to prevent applications from reading and tampering with each other's data settings.

For example, on my Samsung (android 6.0.1), it is in "/data/user/0/com.el.elc/" or something similar.

I can 'cd' to it but 'ls' won't work since my phone is not rooted.

Tried 4th and 5th releases on my motorola razr d1 (kitkat 4.4.1) stopped work...when i try click Username/Password to login..wherever i click it throws me to another screen like "create character window...in pv map" ?!

Can you please help me fix it?

Edited by Locuas

I uninstalled the previous version AND cleared data before installing #5. I can confirm that everything is working as expected after doing that. And the two big things I was interested in from this release are also working correctly:

* Names and health numbers are visible above players.

* Changes made in settings are saved.

Just wondering if there is any way of making this app available when not using wifi. I use 4g mostly and don't have access to wifi when not at home. If someone could walk me through a way of doing it. Many thanks

P.s. I use o2 network in the UK Samsung s6 edge+

Just wondering if there is any way of making this app available when not using wifi. I use 4g mostly and don't have access to wifi when not at home. If someone could walk me through a way of doing it. Many thanks

P.s. I use o2 network in the UK Samsung s6 edge+

It should work on 4G. If not, then your ISP is blocking your ports. Try maybe using Learner's proxy?