Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RipTide

Solo invasion (instance like) or 2 person

Solo invasion  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a solo - 2 person instance like invasion?

• Yes
    • NO!

Yesterday I did a test on a solo invasion in the AA fortress. Valcaz kindly agreed to be the guinea pig. 601 monsters includes 1 boss, took him 6hrs to complete since it was single combat, next update will be multi combat.

Would you guys like to do this sort of thing if it was automated by an NPC like an instance?

OFC there would be a cool down period and an entrance fee.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc.

IF you answer no, please give a reason.

Edited by Aquila

Hey all :hiya:

Well, last night / early this morning I did the test running on Valcaz. It was fantastic!

I thought I'd post to let you know what happened / how it went a bit so you'd know.

There were three areas of the insides of the fortress in AA filled with mobs. The section in front of the entrance, the section to the left and the hospital.

The first section (in front as you walk in) was yeti's, frostys, mcw's, l-orcs and 20 japitas. Damn they take a long old while to do, but surprisingly they paid quite well overall. Because there were 20 and each one took 4-5 mins (roughly) to do they did add to the time it took, but that was cool really.

After clearing most of this section I did the hospital section which was mainly dcw, fcw and mcw with some sslessars and a few frostys and yeti's thrown in too. That went quite quick and was a lot of fun.

I then cleared out the rest of section 1 and restocked (again) before taking on the last section. This was filled with chickens, yeti's and naspys for the most part with a giant and bula thrown into the mix too. Which is why I left this part until last...

It went well. Kind of. But you know you've been fighting for a long old while when you see a little cluster of mobs and think "thank goodness, it's only half a dozen chickens...". That says quite a bit about the work it took...

But it was quite fun trying to clear that section while dodging the bula too. Well, I say fun now, but at the time...

Anyway, I got it done in around 6 hrs 20 mins (whatever you think, I thought that was a good time to do it including restocks and replacing my helm etc.) and I can honestly say I enjoyed pretty much every moment of it. It really was a lot of fun :laugh:

The drops and losses. I know this is the bit that everyone will want to know so here we are:

'Rares' were 2 x gele removals and 1 x icd removal. yay :dry:

GC total from all mobs including japitas and the last bula boss was 166,565gc. Not too bad at all imo. But now the losses....

I died 3 times. Yes, I know it's predictable for me, but I don't really mind cos you have to expect it while doing that sort of thing.

On top of this however, my rdholam broke :cry: I had to replace it (obviously) so that cost me some time while I ran to buy one which, of course, ate into my gc take. But then, you have to allow for that sort of thing to happen so while it did cost me, it's an acceptable cost - no worries.

Lastly, a nice bonus was the exp I gained. Just over 1mil exp for something that was so fun to do was a really nice extra from my viewpoint.

Maybe you wouldn't agree and would want more rares or gc to drop but I have to say that overall not only was it a really enjoyable thing to have done, but I more than covered my costs (rosto's don't count - you fight, you gonna die. deal with it) so I got exp, had a great time, made off with some loot - and I got 3 more almost worthless removal stones to add to the pile in my sto :rolleyes:

Overall verdict: awesome and well worth doing! Would I do it again? In a second! No doubt at all - I would do this as much as I could if / when it becomes available :w00t:

Well, there you have it - my round-up of how it went. I hope it helped and didn't sound like I'm too smug about having done it. I mean, I am feeling quite smug - blatantly so! But hopefully not 'too' smug :whistle:

Have fun, play nice and be groovy :hug::hug:

:medieval:

No since it will be based on same A/D formula which as A/D levels went up greatly gave advantage to characters built just to fight.

No since it will be based on same A/D formula which as A/D levels went up greatly gave advantage to characters built just to fight.

Maybe it's just me being slow, but could you please explain why this would be a bad thing. It is, after all, a "fighting event" for people to go and "fight in". So would it not make more sense to have it based on a/d levels than say... idk... harvest level? or potion level?

I mean, it may just be me misunderstanding your point and feeling that you're voting 'no' from some sort of malicious / spiteful reason (which I'm sure it isn't, hence my asking you to explain further so I may more clearly understand your reasoning) but I just don't see how entering a "fighting event" while "being a better fighter will give you a better chance of success" is a bad thing. I thought that being a better fighter would be a good thing with regards to going to fight things?

Please, help me understand why I'm wrong about this.

Thank you.

So would it not make more sense to have it based on a/d levels than say... idk... harvest level? or potion level?

Far be it from me to speak for Saxum, but....

Many of us would love it if it were possible to use a criterion for fighting ranges/caps that was based on some 'combat level' type of calculation, not just a/d. Obviously, those of us with fewer attributes cannot compete ppl with more attributes, even with equal skills. A/D statistics, by themselves, cannot group people by actual fighting ability.

would the monsters be the same all the time or change based on your a/d level when u enter! 6 hours well up to the player!!! well after last invasion I went on when a player complained because he was solo on a monster (thought invasions were for all !! but thats gone out the window) yes give them this just to shut them up.

So would it not make more sense to have it based on a/d levels than say... idk... harvest level? or potion level?

Far be it from me to speak for Saxum, but....

Many of us would love it if it were possible to use a criterion for fighting ranges/caps that was based on some 'combat level' type of calculation, not just a/d. Obviously, those of us with fewer attributes cannot compete ppl with more attributes, even with equal skills. A/D statistics, by themselves, cannot group people by actual fighting ability.

OH! I see! I understand now - thank you. What you're after is a way to let people who have builds for harvesting or crafting be able to do just as much in these events as those who have spent their pp's on attrib's for fighting as opposed to nexuses for mixing etc. Aaahhhh - it's very clear now.

So, when do the fighters get an arena where we can mix any ring or make any item we do not have the nexuses for? After all, that would be the only fair way to do it. Because, after all - if you can have all your nexuses but still complain that you can't fight, it is ONLY FAIR that we players who have no nexuses for mixing but can fight get special treatment too. So - you'll be talking to Radu to get us fighters our special mixing area to compensate us for our different builds at the same time as you mixers get the special treatment for fighting yes?

No?

Oh. Is that not ok for you? Not fair? Why not? You want to mix, you put your pp's in the appropriate nexuses. But it's not ok for us to build combat chars and get special treatment so that we can do the same as you? Really? Wow.... Kind of hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Yeah, thought so...

If you want more diversity in the game, great. But do not then come on here and start bitching that you can't fight - you made your bed, well your char, you lie in it/play it as is.

Fair's fair.

I'm a little confused about how to respond. I was not "complaining," "bitching," or calling anything "unfair." I was attempting, apparently unsuccessfully, to answer the question you asked. I haven't voted in this poll yet, as I'm still thinking about it. My only objection to the proposal is that I actually use Lothalith Fortress, and would hate to see it constantly tied up with invasion/invance/whatever, that would make me leave.

With respect to the 'a/d capping' vs 'combat lvl-ish capping' discussion, I'm not suggesting that any change should be required for this or any other fighting event. It would be nice, though, if those of us who have some mixing nexus could also do some fighting in some kind of event. I used to really enjoy 80-100 instances, invasions and invances. Not so much since. I disagree that, in hoping that we can someday have some kind of fighting event where we are grouped with characters of equal fighting ability, that I am somehow dreaming of something unfair. After all, we would still never be able to do the top-level events, with the top-level rewards. But at least we could do some fighting for fun, teamwork, and drops.

why should the fighters get all the best,, haidir x 2 with white tigers I cant fathom the xp top fighters get, now u want another area u can monopolize. The game is for everyone not just a few,

why should the fighters get all the best,, haidir x 2 with white tigers I cant fathom the xp top fighters get, now u want another area u can monopolize. The game is for everyone not just a few,

A few points.

1) Haidir x 2? What? If I want to do Haidir twice in 1 #day I have to buy 4 cooldown reducers - at a cost of ~100kgc. So what do I get I do not have to pay through the nose for?

2) You can't fathom the exp? Ok, let me try to help you there. On my alt Valcaz I just hit att lvl 137. Nowhere near the higher end fighters you seem to be talking about but still - I now need 13mil exp for the next lvl. If I were 20 levels higher (I wish!) I would need just over 35mil exp for the next level. Now look at the amount you can get (at best!) from haidir (3,600 exp per lvl) and tell me how you can't fathom the xp we try to earn.

3) It wouldn't be monopolised - how many times have you been caught up in an invance in Iscalrith? Never - because it's 'sectioned off'.

4) So now please explain how we get the best? Fighting never drops a binding stone / enrichment stone etc. When fighting you never make an EME / EDE etc. Yet how much does a pick cost? Then look at how much an nmt / dragon set / decent sword costs - all of which break and need replacing. So how is it fighters get the best of everything? Maybe if a set of gear to fight at the higher levels cost less than ~1mil you'd have a point. But it does, so you don't.

5) As for the game being for all, yes it is. I totally agree. But how is it fair for fighters to not to get things they work for, in places / events they help contribute to make / come up with? If you want something new for mixers - think it up and propose it (like Joe did for this thing) and if it's workable, you'll get it. Probably take less time than all the complaining too. Or if you want more for harvesters - same thing.

I really don't understand why you have a problem with this. ESPECIALLY considering how underused c2 actually is. So much time and work went into it's construction and yet so very few people utilise it fully. So if fighters want to find a way to utilise A VERY SMALL PART of the entire (underused) continent - why on earth would you moan and whine about how fighters get it all. There is a whole continent there - go use some more of it!

My only objection to the proposal is that I actually use Lothalith Fortress, and would hate to see it constantly tied up with invasion/invance/whatever, that would make me leave.

I would imagine if this were added as an automated feature, there would be a few fake copies of the map (similar to invance iscalrith) rather than using the real map.

My only objection to the proposal is that I actually use Lothalith Fortress, and would hate to see it constantly tied up with invasion/invance/whatever, that would make me leave.

I would imagine if this were added as an automated feature, there would be a few fake copies of the map (similar to invance iscalrith) rather than using the real map.

Exactly. Just like an invance isn't actually in Iscal, it would be a seperate copy map. I had 3 in mind actually. The only new thing that would be added is a NPC at the entrance to start it and if it was automated, the map would remain empty for other to use for whatever else.

yes what we need is a new challenge for the fighters. Too less opportunities for them to get gold or xp. And shame on the mixers that are just too lazy to fight and too unimaginative for suggestions

mmmm

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59302&hl

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54802&hl=%2Bmixer+%2Binstance

oh and nearly forgot Fairytail there are monsters that drop emes efes eles and bindings and serpents ...

But perhaps it is normal that people think they are cheated

Do not take this post serious and think what you want :D

Personally I think its a great idea, go for it Aquila :)

Oh, and Im saying that as someone who wouldn't be able to complete that, even though Im 163/163 A/D there is no way Id be able to tank a bula down to zero by myself

Edited by morrigan

I think this is a great idea with the caveat that simple a/d alone should not determine the mobs AND there be something done for those who aren't pure fighter but would enjoy participating in something like this if they weren't going to be creamed within 30 seconds (such as current instances and invasions). (I didn't vote because my yes is conditional.)

Let me add this for the mixers, I am going to start coming up with ideas for mixer dailies, (pot, craft.) The boss makes his living from shop sales.we got to get that covered first. We have people who love to work in groups, and others who are loners. I want something for everyone. I keep hearing from people "this game will be gone in 2 years," not if I can help it. Give me time to work at it. I got us a new haidir mission, I believe another one is coming. Rome wasn't built in a day and EL needs to change some to keep it fresh or at least take the stale away. Work with me.

BTW, I didn't vote and not going to. Its for you guys.

Edited by Aquila

What Fairytail and others that react like him seem to forget, is that even with a more complex cap system,

top fighters will still be classed in the top tier:

the idea is not to make it possible for mixers to compete with fighters of the same a/d level, but to provide them

with an occasion to also participate in invasions w/o getting creamed the second they enter the map. As they won't have

the attributes etc. of a fighter build, they'll have to compensate with higher a/d levels.

But, one side effect of the aggressive opposition to anything resembling involving mixers in invasions etc. (and Fairytail's

posts here are a prime exemple of what I mean) is that I personally feel no incentive anymore to try and organise anything

that could even remotely attract any "pro fighter".

But don't worry, I won't vote here.

I think there are two issues at play that is upsetting people:

1. No new stuff for non-combat skills

2. No new stuff for "lesser" fighters who still want some of the fighting fun but are completely out-leveled and out-attributed. Yes it was our choice to be all-arounders but that all-aroundedness still includes fighting.

It seems people are not so much upset that the pure high-level, high-attribute, and high-neg perked people are getting something, but that nobody else is as well, as usual. And yes, there have been many suggestions offered for both issues I mentioned.

I believe it is an excellent idea. There are many times I wish I could go on instance or invasion etc but we cannot find enough people available. This gives us another option to stay online and have fun. I enjoy taking a team along when possible but now we will have another option when we are short of a full team. I definitely voted yes

Oh. Is that not ok for you? Not fair? Why not? You want to mix, you put your pp's in the appropriate nexuses. But it's not ok for us to build combat chars and get special treatment so that we can do the same as you? Really? Wow.... Kind of hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Yeah, thought so...

If you want more diversity in the game, great. But do not then come on here and start bitching that you can't fight - you made your bed, well your char, you lie in it/play it as is.

Fair's fair.

This post makes me dead against a solo instance. Yet again something for fighters, tired of this game catering to them only.

I haven't voted yet. But I think that it would be best to have 2 players to do the fighting.

Few things come to my mind 600 monster for 1 player seems to be a lot, I would probably never do it if it does take 6 hours to do. I am not even sure something would come up in the next 6 hours.

2 players seems to be interesting, since it wouldn't be hard to find someone. But then if it were 2 people I guess it would be multi combat. And 600 monster in multi seems still a lot for 2 lol

Though AA forteresse seems to be interesting since there is several areas where you can fight.

I am curious about the entrance fee. I guess it should be considerable since giving up is an option : "not coming again".

I would vote no for a solo inst

But yes in a 2-inst

lol fairy tail never seen a NMT, mirror or any cloak from a plant or ore!! yep fighters get from drops along with eles, efes ect from drops plus serp stones. everyone can harv so luck on the draw as to what stone u could get, u want it so much its a no from me : )

Wow. Well, as it seems that many people are not actually reading what I write, just glancing at it and assuming they know what it will say then replying to that, please allow me to address a few of the points raised.

lol fairy tail never seen a NMT, mirror or any cloak from a plant or ore!! yep fighters get from drops along with eles, efes ect from drops plus serp stones. everyone can harv so luck on the draw as to what stone u could get, u want it so much its a no from me : )

Yes? I have never seen an nmt, nor heard of one, coming from a plant either. However, the only nexus removals I've seen recently have come from plants so... what is it you're saying? That getting a nexus removal worth ~1milgc from harvesting is not as good as a mirror cloak worth ~35-40kgc? It is in favour of the fighters? Bear in mind the resources used when fighting - and the drop rate of ele's etc. I have gotten 1 ele drop from all of the mobs I've ever fought, compared to the ele rate from mixing le's (I recently made 5k le's and got 2 ele's from that). Therefore, the only thing I can really take from all of your posts ("you want it so much it's a no from me") in this thread is salt. Lots and lots of salt. Veeerrrrryyyy salty.

What Fairytail and others that react like him seem to forget, is that even with a more complex cap system,

top fighters will still be classed in the top tier:

the idea is not to make it possible for mixers to compete with fighters of the same a/d level, but to provide them

with an occasion to also participate in invasions w/o getting creamed the second they enter the map. As they won't have

the attributes etc. of a fighter build, they'll have to compensate with higher a/d levels.

But, one side effect of the aggressive opposition to anything resembling involving mixers in invasions etc. (and Fairytail's

posts here are a prime exemple of what I mean) is that I personally feel no incentive anymore to try and organise anything

that could even remotely attract any "pro fighter".

But don't worry, I won't vote here.

1) How will they be classed as the top tier? To be perfectly honest I know at least 3 people who do not fight, yet because of their other skills they are actually better suited to invasions than I am. Much better suited. As for the whole 'tier' thing, I do not understand. How can you compare a specialist in one field to another? It makes no sense to me.

2) Participating in invasions "without getting creamed the second you enter the map" is easy. There are other skills, and thinking about what you're doing, that allow anyone to participate. I, for example, participate in invasions far beyond my a/d lvls in other ways than merely sticking pointy things into mobs.

3) "they'll have to compensate with higher a/d levels". With regards to higher a/d levels for people who do not actively train their a/d skills - what do you think dailies are for? Daritha has many more quests of much higher a/d exp rewards than haidir does - and they are far superior to mere training - and how do you get the opportunity to do these? By having a higher manu level than fighters commonly have. Manu - one of the things 'non-fighters' do an awful lot.

4) As for the assertion that I "aggressively oppose" mixers being involved in invasions goes - what? When have I stated that? I have often said that mixers always moan about more things for fighters blah blah blah... but I have never opposed mixers - or anyone! - being involved in invasions. In fact, it is totally the opposite. I have no idea how many times I have tried to convince more people to get involved but I'm not going to drag someone there, it is their own choice whether or not to join in.

5) Last point here. "But, one side effect... I personally feel no incentive anymore to try and organise anything that could even remotely attract any 'pro fighter' ". Erm... Ok... It's not a side effect, it's a choice; I don't personally remember you being that keen on any sort of running of invasions anyway; what is it that you term a 'pro fighter'? Because if it's 'pro fighters' you have a problem with, it kind of undermines whatever point it is you're trying to make when you use me as an example due to the fact that I am in no way anywhere near being a 'pro fighter'. I enjoy it, I like to encourage people to join in, but I am most certainly not a 'pro fighter'.

I believe it is an excellent idea. There are many times I wish I could go on instance or invasion etc but we cannot find enough people available. This gives us another option to stay online and have fun. I enjoy taking a team along when possible but now we will have another option when we are short of a full team. I definitely voted yes

This I am including - NOT because I disagree in any way at all with it, but because it is a great example of yet another reason as to why this 1 or 2 person invasion thing is such a good idea. People seem to think that fighters get everything, when in reality they do not. Yes, there is the 'opportunity' for things, but they do not always work out for various reasons. Time differences are one, rl commitments another. How many fighters are active and in the same range as each other? No matter what you may think, it is not that many. Yes, there are invances / instances but due to the reasons stated as well as many others, it is quite rare to be able to do something like this even half as often as some may like, let alone actually as much as may be desired. So the 1 or 2 player option would be marvellous. Because then it only takes 2 friends to do something they enjoy without the need to try and organise a time when they - and 4-8 more players of the same range - are all available at the same time, for enough time.

Also, take this into account - the game may be free to play, but it is not free to run. How do the bills get paid? From shop sales. What does the shop predominately sell? Fighting-orientated items. You want to play for free that's fine and dandy but the server was not a free gift, the running costs are not written off because people aren't paying so what is going to happen? That's right, shop sales are going to be looked at in order to secure the future running of the game first. I'm not meaning to sound harsh, but you have to concede the truth in this. So if there is a way to facilitate more people being able to enjoy fighting (and the inevitable expenses that accompany that) then of course it's going to be looked at favourably - it doesn't mean you have to moan about it or try to make out like it's unfair. It's just a fact of life, things need to be paid for and if there is a section that gets things for free this will always need to be subsidised by a different section.

Lastly, just because I am very 'pro this idea' it does not automatically mean that I am 'anti mixer / all-rounder'. Yes, I am very anti-moaning and I am very anti-negativity-from-people-who-only-say-negative-things-because-they-have-no-intention-of-joining-in-with-something, but that is a far cry from being anti-mixer etc. There really is a very big difference between the two. Maybe if you actually read what I wrote rather than only seeing "some crap from some stupid fighter again" there would be less nonsense here. It's just a thought....

Play nice, have fun & be groovy :hug::hug:

So the 1 or 2 player option would be marvellous. Because then it only takes 2 friends to do something they enjoy without the need to try and organise a time when they - and 4-8 more players of the same range - are all available at the same time, for enough time.

So if there is a way to facilitate more people being able to enjoy fighting (and the inevitable expenses that accompany that) then of course it's going to be looked at favourably

I agree with these statements and they were the reasons I was initially in favor of this idea. All I and other allrounders asked was that it would not solely be based on a/d, like everything else in the game, but took other factors into account, like attributes, in a way for instance the combat level does. This would mean MORE people got to ENJOY this addition to the game. Your aggressive stance against this idea has changed my mind. I don't want yet another addition that is exclusively geared towards a/d specialized fighters. There is plenty of that.

If I want to fight, I will just play another game, like I have done for the past several years.

I have given up on EL, but still pay my botfees to support the game. I guess that is not a valid way, will keep that in mind when it is time to renew :(

Edited by Maxine