Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Barny

Setting NPC prices higher?

You overlook that trying to balance any controlled economy is time consuming and prone to failure.

Yes, it's time consuming but it must be done. If Radu does nothing and waits until the inflation miraculously vanishes itself, that never will happen. Radu has all the resources to solve the problems in EL so he must solve them, not the players. To wait sitting while the $$$ rain over him from the shop is not a good solution for the future of EL.

An example: I remember when rostogol price went up and he wanted many players buy a big amount of rostos in the shop to sell them cheap in the bots.... So funny he wants the players loose money (ang give him $$$) to solve the problem that he can solve fast just changing a number in the server code (the % rate of finding a rosto harvesting/mining/fighting).

Trying to balance the economy can be a failure (or a success) but if nothing is done is 100% sure will be a failure.

Edited by Susje

It is very hard to balance a soviet style system where necessities like steel & titanium armor and great swords are price fixed.

Or perhaps removing those advanced manu items from NPCs might be answer too. Do it just like it is with dragon armors...

It is very hard to balance a soviet style system where necessities like steel & titanium armor and great swords are price fixed.

Soviet style system. Good definition. I couldn't express it better.

Or perhaps removing those advanced manu items from NPCs might be answer too. Do it just like it is with dragon armors...

I doubt any item (crafting, alchemy, manufacturing, etc...) sold in the NPC will be removed. They are money sinks to remove gc from EL. Radu thinks the players have too much money and EL needs money sinks to solve that problem. Sadly, I think the tendency in EL is making more quests that use mixable items and selling (and limiting prices) more and more of that items in the NPCs. That will make the mixers more and more useless in the game because a mixer can't compete with a NPC selling cheaper than the ings. :angry:

What will be the future of EL? Who knows? But a possible nasty future could to be just a few top fighters with bought chars, without mixers (because mixing would be unprofitable) and without bots because with the NPCs selling cheap all the items in EL (except maybe rostos, haidir passes and another shop items) bots would be unprofitable too. :(

Edit: Prolly I'm wrong. Would exist some bots: The ants!!! :huh:

Edited by Susje