Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

Grapes Pears Bananas OMG: Global Messages

I suggest adding a global message when grapes are dropped from mobs, as some folks do hunt grapes, and it is not much fun no knowing if your efforts are futile or not. A global message, much like "player_x found a pear" would be very helpful. Radu has said he would consider adding this message if there is enough support, so please feel free to show your support below.

Wizz

As someone who's regularly dealt with the "player_x found a pear" message, I'd say sure.

However, do it like the treasure find message and just "A creature dropped a grape!" or something without the name. That gives the info you're wanting, that one was found.

(The flood of PMs that come with such of-late desired drops is annoying. I log out for a while after every find these days, and ignore any messages concerning it if I don't, it can get that bad at times. Grapes would be even worse... not that I've personally found many since I don't actively look for them.)

As well, could get confusing in situations like an invasion critter being multied drops one.

It's also a rare invdrag drop, should probably make sure those aren't included in messages?

Edited by Burn

Completely agree with both posts above.

I hunt grapes and also prefer the message to be anonymous. like the treasure message.

As far as I am concerned, the pear message could be anonymous too, just to be consistent. Then people can choose to fess up to it in ch 6 if they want the pm-s ;) Would make Ant-x found a pear message less amusing though :D

Edited by Maxine

I think having a message for them would just lead to them being farmed even harder. People already use their alt armies to get them. Also, the reason for the message in the case of pears and treasures is the items you use to find them. With a message, <insert generic high level player that only kills mobs here> could find/farm the grapes and get all of them by looking at the difference between #days passed, and grapes found. Having a bit of secrecy with grape drops gives more chance to the non-farmers in this case i believe.

As a grape "farmer" I would not want to be pestered by PMs every time I find a grape. Plus game is bad a plurals/sexes so I think the message would be really botched up on times i found multiple grapes on one creature.

A "Pfft You're too slow, someone just found the "Fruit/berrie name here" before you!" message would be fun and taunting ;P

Edited by Entris

I'm fine with global messages when fruit are found, and I agree that they all should be anonymous.