Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
calif

Blocking of Resources

What is the difference between 6 or 7 peeps blocking a resource by standing in front of it, or using 4 or 5 alts to watch the hydro route, and make sure you cant get there? Its the same difference. This lonely guy has a monopoly on a resourse. Seems like a fundamental breaking of the rules to me...

Because unfortunately it isn't blocked, you have the tiniest margin of passing one of stivs divs, ergo not blocked.

I agree though, considering the small amount of things to do and the small player base, blocking off portions of the game doesn't fill me with a sense of a challenge instead with char buyin, char sharing just makes me look elsewhere for a bit of casual gaming.

Shame really, another nail in the coffin as it where.

... just makes me look elsewhere for a bit of casual gaming.

There's no resource blocking on the PK server (and precious little PK since they all got bored and left years ago). :whistle:

What is the difference between 6 or 7 peeps blocking a resource by standing in front of it, or using 4 or 5 alts to watch the hydro route, and make sure you cant get there? Its the same difference. This lonely guy has a monopoly on a resourse. Seems like a fundamental breaking of the rules to me...

Blocking a resource means stopping people accessing it. This is not the case with Stivy. If at any point of the route he physically blocked the path that would be different.

Thanks for the input, guys/gals. I was shooting for more conversation that led to abstract thinking... After returning to the game from a 3 year hiatus, I found that 75% of the players have left. After pondering on this, I came to the conclusion that the game is not as fun as it used to be (not to say that the game isn't fun). I'm not blaming Stivy for this, I'm only saying that he/she is certainly contributing to the 'lack of fun,' in relation to the past, due to his/her style of gameplay, and the 'fundamental' blocking of resources. Not that he/she is breaking any rules (any 12 year old can recognize that concept), but certainly he/she is undermining the idea behind the rule. This idea being, ensuring that everyone can use every resource with 'relative' ease... Obviously, the Creator has recognized this, and has now came up with a new ring. I look forward to seeing more of these rings in game, and this will certainly undermine Stivy's plan of undermining fun gameplay for all, instead of only fun gameplay for him/herself...