Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blue_dragon

New Invasion Mob (suggestion)

HI, I am DeepDragon.

This thought occurred to me few days back, thought i post it here. There are many mobs that are a good challenge in EL. But i feel that there should be some more mobs added to the game, with new look and appearance.

Now this mob i have in mind ( Call it Teh_brickcritter)

should have high defense.. attack unknown..and the mob has a low chance to hit a player (say 1-10%) which is decided by the gear the player wears, lower grade gear mean more chance to get hit.

This mob should have high mirror rate, so that it makes up for the low hit rate. Also considering how we all like to range we give this mob some point defense. Ofc this mob has tank build and quite high hp. Now coming to the part where it gets dangerous :D, This mob has low attack rate as i said earlier, but if it hits a player then instead of going to underworld one rosto is subtracted from the inventory, ofc when u run out of rosto u go to uw and lose stuff in db :P. Also to deal damage in h2h having brick in inventory is a must. Now all of this must be making it sound really very difficult and costly to kill this mob, so lets talk about the drops this mob gives.

drops:

Should be like some 1-15 hydro rings, 1mil-2 mil gcs, and nexus removal stones in rare drops.

A/D:

attack : unknown

Defense: 140-150

Hp: 50000

perks :

mirror (40% to mirror), i glow in the dark and evanescence.

Can it work or not ? This might be a bad idea to have this mob, but lemme know either way :D

p.s. dont try to fight it on day of brave :P

Edited by Blue_dragon

That would be a monster for the real top players to fight, so I'll not comment on the fighting part of it, other than to note

that at least the 40% mirror and 'one-hit UW' aren't in the combat system as currently implemented (neither is the gear

dependant hit chance, other than through def bonus/malus).

But do we really need another rosto consumer that drops upwards of 2-3M gc value per kill?

Consuming a rosto per hit is a terrible idea... I think if a mob were added, it should be something unique (like casty's summoning ability was back when it came out), for example a mob that has ranged attacks, maybe one that deals some elemental damage to give the potions/spells some real use in combat.

I rarely fight in invasions, so I am not a good person to ask.

Personally I think we have plenty of boss monsters. Casty, bricker, MB, bulla, coca, polys. We have enough drone monsters, Lorcs, Ltrolls, trice, chims etc.

What I'd like to see something that requires more than brute force to kill. Something like a cross between neno and bada, but aggressive.

Call it Tanker, high hp that needs mines & pc to knock it down to an attackable level. Like bada, needs certain things (like point def, to use up these stupid things) thrown at it to hurt it.

Another idea is a hydra. looks like a blue, kill it and 2 icy takes it place, kill them and 2 blacks replace each ice, 2 reds replace the blacks.

All these monsters need to have good drops to make them worth the effort of killing them.

Edited by Aquila
clarify point def

Personally, I don't find your idea appealing. Not sure if it would add any value to the current game-play, probably not. Instead of adding more invasion monsters I would rather see changes to existing ones' mechanics that would make them more entertaining to fight against.

I have one question, though, wouldn't it be a perfect monster to fight against with no gear at all? Taking into account low hit-rate and hit-chance it seems quite an efficient solution.

I am not a programmer, but considering all features you have added, implementing your idea would require quite a lot of hard-coding (slower attack rate, disappearing of rostogol without dying).

I mean mechanically you could get the desired effect by giving it 1 crit to hit, 100 crit to damage, 7/179 a/d and 2000 Might. That would make it hit once every 100 hits and deal around 400-500 damage a hit. The only part that wouldn't work would be not going to us on death. As vanyel pointed out though, people would just fight it naked. Or have 4 naked fighting and 4 geared.

What reasons do people give for not doing invasions now? Not profitable? Stale/Boring/too easy/too hard? Inappropriate mob composition? No invasions close to their level?

First taking a poll to see why people don't go would probably be more beneficial to the game. FYI I'm just throwing ideas out there since I haven't played EL actively in 0.5-1yr.

I think the very last thing this game needs is a mob that eats rostos as if they were PDs. The only one that would make happy is radu, and even that only for a short while. Fighting it naked sounds like a viable counter tactic, but then the whole point of this mob seems gone :P

I do like Aquila's suggestion of a hydra, might be a good use of the pink dragon? Sounds like not too hard to implement.

Another ivariation of his second suggestion would be a mob that is a random mix of Ivan (Invis but docile)/Lenny (C2 only)/Neno (eng items needed)/Badaran (Melee with items in inv)/Ranging Only mob/Magic only mob.

With unpredictability of how to kill it (RANDOM switches in tactics). It should have a valuable drop that can easily be distributed (e.g. gc and oranges) and makes it worth all the effort. It would be a mob you can only kill with planning and experimenting, taking time and teamwork. All the individual components are farmed (except Baddie, since it might drop a bad day removal and cause a severe loss instead of profit for 300k worth of effort)., and the magic only and ranging only are new components.

I think the very last thing this game needs is a mob that eats rostos as if they were PDs. The only one that would make happy is radu, and even that only for a short while. Fighting it naked sounds like a viable counter tactic, but then the whole point of this mob seems gone :P

I do like Aquila's suggestion of a hydra, might be a good use of the pink dragon? Sounds like not too hard to implement.

Another ivariation of his second suggestion would be a mob that is a random mix of Ivan (Invis but docile)/Lenny (C2 only)/Neno (eng items needed)/Badaran (Melee with items in inv)/Ranging Only mob/Magic only mob.

With unpredictability of how to kill it (RANDOM switches in tactics). It should have a valuable drop that can easily be distributed (e.g. gc and oranges) and makes it worth all the effort. It would be a mob you can only kill with planning and experimenting, taking time and teamwork. All the individual components are farmed (except Baddie, since it might drop a bad day removal and cause a severe loss instead of profit for 300k worth of effort)., and the magic only and ranging only are new components.

My thoughts exactly. something different, not just the same old neg'd out pr0 players to kill.