Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fairydragon

novac messages

Guest fairydragon

Hi ! Since I started using a new computer my older character is not getting messages from Novac about killing the animals. I have killed the brownie at least 30 times in areas where brownies are not usually and I am still getting the same message "still need the brownie". I have kill the brown snake, rat, and wooden sprite also, several times. I think I have some kind of glitch. Can some help with this by resetting Novac's second quest and resetting it Novac at the cockatrice, I am stuck there too. This is on my main character, alternate character was started after, I received my new computer and is having no problems with the messages. Thank you for your help Fairydragon

Moderators cannot reset quests, it's as simple as that. Radu might be able to do it, but better make sure

there isn't an error on your part before contacting him.

In any case, when you kill the correct brownie, you get a popup message.

Same for the Novac kills, you get a popup when you kill the correct creature. Note that there are quite a

few cockatrice on that map, and that it's easy to miss a spawn (meaning that you can keep on killing

those from the other spawns for as long as you like, you won't get the popup from those).

Edited by revi

Just a few comments:

- All relevant information about progress in quests is stored on the server, switching to a new computer cannot cause issues with Novac or other NPCs not recognizing that you did part of the quests. Whether or not you have the questlog on that computer makes no difference. The log is just for your own convenience but has no effect on the quest progress.

- For the fighting quests Novac only mentioned one of the critters you have not yet killed, just the fact he doesnt mention the others does not mean you have killed them already. A kill only counts if you get the pop-up.

- You only need to kill the RIGHT brownie once. You know it is the right one when you get a pop-up, no pop-up means it is NOT the right brownie. Do not rely on the wiki or any source to tell you where brownies are native, the wiki is notoriously inaccurate.

- Same deal for the trice. One way to make sure is, during a quiet time when nobody else is hunting trice, mark them all by harming them (ranging, magic or use a dis ring after the first hit). When there are no unhurt trice around, kill the hurt ones till you get the message. Again, no message means you did not kill the right one yet.

Guest fairydragon

I have been play this game for a very long time. I have been trying to kill the brownie for close to or maybe about a year. I have had people who have kill the brownie and I have kill it front of them several times and they asked if I received the message and I did not. They thought i was very strange I have not received the message. The reason I am posting this here is because I feel I have a glitch somewhere. If you think it is on my part, then what do you think, I am doing wrong. I know, I have seen people kill the animals and getting the messages on these maps, but when I kill them, I don't get the message. I go back several days later to kill them, because, I never see the animals there any other time. This why I am asking for help, kill the same animals over and over for about a year, you would think I would have kill the right one, when other are killing them on the same map and getting the message. I have not seen the that creature on those maps except for when they are novacs. I would appreciate any help, I can get. I was told to post for help here and you can not help. Radu would read my post and check on for me. If this is not where to get help, please advise where to that please.

The only person who can do what you are asking is indeed radu, but he does not like to waste his time. Contact me in game to verify that both quests are indeed not working correctly for you. If so, I can direct radu's attention to this post, since he does not typically read these.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this