Eternal Lands Official Forums
MannyNZ

How much would you be willing to pay for a Rostogol Stone?

This topic was actually ment to make a survey.

But as people have started to also try to supply some suggestions to the topic I will also

misuse this topic to write down a idea I had this morning.

How about introducing an item called: Rosto Splint.

I would think of those Splints worth around 10kgc and one splint only protects gear of human nexus 1.

2 splints protect human nexus 2 gear

3 splints .... and so on ;)

That way if you don't have such a high end expensive gear you also dont need that much gc to protect it.

If you die and have a rosto it will burst into rosto splints and you have a chance of xx% to keep rosto splints.

So maybe you end up with 3 out of those 8, thus dieing with a rosto doesn't hurt so much.

Also those rosto splints can be found harvesting or from mobs (maybe more frequent than rostos do, for the

smaller players def. a nice feature, as they only need splints)

In oder to limit the splint price to go up, make NPC sell it for 10kgc each.

Also: make 8 individual rosto splints joinable (what ever skill ;) ) back into a rostogol stone using EEE (merging something

as powerful as a rosto splint needs a lot of energy ;) ).

That way if you loose a few rostos, after like 7 deaths or so (depends on percentage mentioned above) you have chance to craft yourself a free rosto, or if you dont want, just sell to newer players that cant/dont want to afford a full rostogol stone.

What you think?

I like this idea, would definitely help new, lower level and occasional players.

With the prices as they are i am almost never going to invances, or invasions. Its not worth going to those fun events with the risk involved.

For Instances especially for the WTF i am buying rostos at 70kgc as the profit versus profit is normally in my favour.

My suggestion is, make a Instance rosto, that can be expensiv. and keeps a player inside an instance,

and a cheap do not loose loot item, for the rest of the time. There the price for a death should not go over 20kgc in my book.

Rostogol prices are mostly determined by the $/GC ratio on official and unofficial markets and not by botowners. This is because most of the rostos come in the game by buying them from the shop.

Official:

$100 = 25 rosts
$100 = 1.6 mill GC + 10 cooldown reducers (200.000 gc) = 1.8 mill gc

Break even: 1.8 mill / 25 = 72.000

Meaning: People that buy gc from radu will pay up to 74k per rost till it is cheaper to buy rosts directly from Radu.

Unofficial:

$100 = 2.5 mill GC (current rates)

Break even: 2.5 mill / 25 = 100.000

Meaning: People that buy gc from unofficial market can buy rosts up till 100k till it is cheaper to buy them from Radu directly.

So as long as radu keeps his rostogol prices and droprates the same, nothing much will change.

Rostogol prices are mostly determined by the $/GC ratio on official and unofficial markets and not by botowners. This is because most of the rostos come in the game by buying them from the shop.

Official:

$100 = 25 rosts

Meaning: People that buy gc from radu will pay up to 74k per rost till it is cheaper to buy rosts directly from Radu.

Unofficial:

Meaning: People that buy gc from unofficial market can buy rosts up till 100k till it is cheaper to buy them from Radu directly.

So as long as radu keeps his rostogol prices and droprates the same, nothing much will change.

If I get this right, so people selling gcs on unofficial is mucking up the market and we can blame Mr. 28m for the rise in rosto price. Correct?

Official:

$100 = 25 rosts

Unofficial:

If I get this right, so people selling gcs on unofficial is mucking up the market and we can blame Mr. 28m for the rise in rosto price. Correct?

That probably doesn't help, but I don't think that is the main issue. There has always been an alternate market in EL, and it has always had better rates than the in game shop. For years people still bought items from Radu as a safe way to buy gold or to support the game etc. For most of EL's life rostogol stones were the best gc/$$ from Radu. There have been two major price hikes in rostogols in the last few years which occurred whenever this was no longer the case.

The first came when haidir passes were introduced. This is because they ended up being a better gc/$$ for a time which made people buy less rostogols. Supply and demand kicked in and the rostogol price rose to match the gc/$$ rate of haidir passes. (40k->60k)

This most recent price hike is due to Radu selling gold directly. Now there are three major items in contention for players to buy from the shop: rostogols, haidir passes, and gold coins. However, this is not the same as the previous hike. You also have to consider that buying gold directly from Radu means you don't have to wait while rostogols or haidir passes sell. The gc/$$ rate on rostogols and haidirs must be significantly better gc/$$ than straight buying gold to get players to go back to buying them. Thus the price hiking on rostogol stones lately (60k->100k).

RM

I have to agree with RM there, I have seen rostos for 60kgc then they rose up to 80kgc.

Then suddently they dropped back down to almost 60kgc and now again back up to 80-100kgc.

So I can imagine that there were some bots invovled in those price changes. Or how would you explain that the price did drop again

after it already was at 80kgc. I think that this first rise to 80kgc was made, but then dropped again as there were

still enough rostos around. Question is if the current price right now is made again or if there really is that lack of rostos that would

drive the prices up.

On a side node: How do you like the suggestion i made previous (no one but Maxine replied so far)

This topic was actually ment to make a survey.

But as people have started to also try to supply some suggestions to the topic I will also

misuse this topic to write down a idea I had this morning.

How about introducing an item called: Rosto Splint.

I would think of those Splints worth around 10kgc and one splint only protects gear of human nexus 1.

2 splints protect human nexus 2 gear

3 splints .... and so on ;)

That way if you don't have such a high end expensive gear you also dont need that much gc to protect it.

If you die and have a rosto it will burst into rosto splints and you have a chance of xx% to keep rosto splints.

So maybe you end up with 3 out of those 8, thus dieing with a rosto doesn't hurt so much.

Also those rosto splints can be found harvesting or from mobs (maybe more frequent than rostos do, for the

smaller players def. a nice feature, as they only need splints)

In oder to limit the splint price to go up, make NPC sell it for 10kgc each.

Also: make 8 individual rosto splints joinable (what ever skill ;) ) back into a rostogol stone using EEE (merging something

as powerful as a rosto splint needs a lot of energy ;) ).

That way if you loose a few rostos, after like 7 deaths or so (depends on percentage mentioned above) you have chance to craft yourself a free rosto, or if you dont want, just sell to newer players that cant/dont want to afford a full rostogol stone.

What you think?

I like this idea, would definitely help new, lower level and occasional players.

The general premise is good. The problem is pretty much anything for which you need a rostogol requires at least human 6 (great swords) or even 7 (scythe). For this idea to be beneficial some of the lower nexus items will need to be buffed to be more useful or the human nexus requirements lowered on some items.

Initially I thought this a good idea Manny, however, if rostos can be made in game from these splints no one would buy from Radu and as thats his main ££ ! Maybe, and only just though of it have rostos that cover human levels, therefore higher human lev normally means higher armour and gives people a choice of what to wear given how much gc they have! damn and again a problem those with that those with arti cape !! sometimes there is no solution, prices go up and down

Let's face it: prices of rostogols and similar items can increase because there are players willing and able to pay the increasing prices.

As long as that is the case, there is no reason for anyone to lower their asking price (principle of a free market?). Since radu is now

selling gc for dollars, I conclude he doesn't have any objection to the current inflation. And he's the only one that can take action to

force price limits and such...

That some players can corner a market (by using alts etc.) doesn't change the basics at all, it just makes it clearer. But that also is

as teh game owner wants it, so...

That some players can corner a market (by using alts etc.) doesn't change the basics at all, it just makes it clearer. But that also is

as teh game owner wants it, so...

... so take it or leave it. You can't afford it, don't buy it. You don't like it, don't play it. Simple.

Solution would be hoard a bit EL with rostos,, but doubt any players would just give out in contest, or sell cheap like 200 rostos. That would make them cheaper ( if they would not be given to 1 player, but to community) and mainly increase rate of find stones ( not the melon / attribute stones ) , but serp stones/enrichments/binds/rostos and as RM said , increase rate of enriched essences. I liked when rostos were about 15k, everybody could afford em, u didn't mind to spend few of em / day and didn't bitch so much when losing one. Also black market rate was 1:4$ and not 1:16$ + which makes it 4x higher, so in my point, about 50-60k / rosto would be faire. When there would be higher rate to find stones ,emps,ghp would reduce even gc rate a bit which might help the economy