Eternal Lands Official Forums
MannyNZ

How much would you be willing to pay for a Rostogol Stone?

Hi,

I would like to make a sort of survey.

Question: How much would you be willing to pay for a Rostogol Stone? Or rephrased: What price do

you consider to be a fair price for both, the sellers and the buyers?

Please answer only in 5kgc steps.

Thanks.

So let me start then: 40kgc.

I'm a bad person to reply, I remember when they were 5kgc. ;) Some years ago, someone (who will remain nameless) bought them all up and suddenly they were 50kgc. 65k is a fair price, though radu's price has not changed in years. Personal opinion is that high priced rostos are bad for the game. Fewer people can participate in invasions, instances and invances. Sure "character buying pr0's" who get 1mgc nexus stones as drops can afford to pay 120k for a rosto, but they don't buy rostos in game from bots. They buy them in bulk from radu. The little guy who plays only for an hour or two at night and on the weekends, who struggled to buy a titanium set can't afford high priced rostos and it makes little point to carry one when their gear they are wearing isn't to much more.

I don't instance, invance or go to invasions because of this and only carry rostos that I have found harvesting.

it all comes down to the same situation ..... There needs to be a NPC that sells Various items so it makes a stable market , I mean people are selling Potion of Action points for 6k each , Rosto's 120k each , EMP's 600gc each ... Its complete BS tbh . and The "pr0's are having to spend 70k-100k gc on Action pots just to kill a boss recently .

Like Aquila, I remember when they were harvest events with reasonable frequency; there was a time I had literally hundreds of them (and I STUPIDLY gave about 100 away) and they didn't cost more than 5k or 10k gc. I certainly wouldn't buy for more than that and if I don't have any that I found, I won't do anything that requires one. It's ridiculous, as is the cost of good armor now. The entire cost structure now prohibits the average player from participating.

I came in game later, when they were ~20k. At that price, you could afford to lose a few in an invasion to protect (steel or titanium) armour and CoL.

At that time, NPC prices for plate armour were also considered ridiculously high...

But as long as gc comes in game at the current rate, I don't see anything change, the more so as those same top players Aston mentioned can afford

and are willing to pay the current prices...

Quit being such rosto cheapstakes! :P Sincerely speaking.. rosto prices should be decreased to say about 40-50k if not less. I mean.. let's be honest.. it's not one person who ruined this for us, it's the fact that us players just want to greed for exp/gc in invasions, instances, & invances (because the more one makes, the more one is willing to pay), that skyrocketed the rosto prices for the less-fortunate.

i would pay at max 70k, preferably lower. I don't see the point of comparing rostos and action point potions though, which are in now way required to take a casty or a bricker down. If action potions are too expensive, just call some rangers, and kill the monster the old fashion way.

If I were a new player and I saw what rostogol stones did, their current price, and the approximate gc/time rate for a new player I would uninstall the game within a week. On the other hand, the best I can tell most of the $$ income of EL comes from recurring players, not new players. So this might be a moot point. On the topic of the actual thread, based on the gc/time rate without instances or bot shenanigans I would say ~20k per rostogol seems reasonable to me. That's around an hour of making gc for the average player per death.

I don't know what a good solution for the EL economy is...if there even is one at this point. I would expect if the find rate on bindings/rostogols/enrichments was increased 3-5x, and the mix rate on enriched essences was brought to about 1/5k across the board things would start to stabilize. But with the number of nice xp sinks for rare ings I don't know if this would actually make a big difference these days.

RM

New players don't need to worry about rostos for quite a while.

Would you consider adding a cheaper item (either NPC or shop) that only protects helms and crowns? Those are the only items new players use while harvesting or mid level training (fluffies and feros).

This way everyone has something to use that corresponds to their level, usage, and need.

Edited by hussam

It doesn't make any sense to me that you pay the same to cover a 1mgc+ inv as a 100k inv. If talking about insurance, a homeowner will pay more to protect a large home than a small one.
I rarely have a rosto on me because I rarely have an inv worth twice the price of a rosto- or even equal to the price. I would willingly pay for cheaper rostos, but from a purely business perspective, it makes no sense for me to use them currently, as my inv is usually only worth about 60k. So, for me, under 30k.

I think Alphabet is right in that the reason why rostos are so high is because some will pay that price, because they profit so much from what they do which requires rostos. It's fine to enjoy that kind of play, but not everyone does, and not everyone can do it. I wish there was some sort of 'insurance' that made any sense to people who enjoy a more lax playstyle (like myself). I think it would expand Radu's profits into a different group of players, encouraging sales and play.

Well, one possibility would be the previously proposed "mini rosto", which would not protect dragon armours, "special" armours and "special" weapons ("sword of xxx", "plate of xxx"; radioactive weapons). The exact boundary is of course up to radu (iow, no need to start a discussion here). That mini rosto could cost about 1-2$ in shop, and something like 20-40k in-game. And that would put it more or less in the price range from before dragon armours and special weapons became basic kit :P

That mini rosto could also replace the "old-style" rosto as a rare drop or harvest find (with a somewhat increased drop rate?)

Edited by revi

That mini rosto could also replace the "old-style" rosto as a rare drop or harvest find (with a somewhat increased drop rate?

I love the idea of a mini rosto, problem is we have the same profiteers in game. Rosto's would jump from 90k to 200k - 300k and definitely would if they were a shop only item. Mini rostos would climb steadily upward 40k to 60k to 80k+, and just as soon as Mr. "I deserve my excessive profits" get's he bloody meat hooks on them, he'd push the limits of price. The other bot owners would follow suit. "if so&so is getting that price, I'm going to as well." The only way to stop this, is a NPC seller to cap the price and that cuts Radu out of his living.

the problem i see is if you cap or make rosto easier to get ingame then shop rosto wont be bought.

i can think of numerous ways to solve the ingame problem of people not being able to afford them or get them but it wont balance out for shop.

Its just one of those things, the el community decides the price by game play, sure there are hiked prices but its not just rostos, alot of items are on sale for a resonable price and a few bots have same thing for twice as much, just like rosto.

i'm fortunate enough to be able to buy rosto from shop, not just because it is easy but to support the game too, after all it is a free game

i would pay 90k or less for a rosto, i would have to take a few days out making swords or bars to get one but isnt that the "game"

there are those that probably only want to goto invasions and fight and not want to do the meanial work to afford rosto ingame.

the one thing i dissagree with is things that are only shop item and no way to get in game like pheonix glyph, tiara etc

they should be availabe in game some how, not just rely on someone buying them and selling ingame

reason i price a rosto at 90K, it is affordable through "el work" and you are protecting several high cost items worth several time the value, nmt cape, swords 4+ peices of armor

any cheaper than 80-90k then the shop may not do so well, one way might be to cap the price a bot can sell it for but that will drive the rosto's underground into private sales

i say just let it be

Rostogol stone shop sales were happening when rostos were cheaper, 50-70k, too. As for the pricing, it's not only Susje doing that, but several other people have been using the same tactic on their bots. Those that are bothered by it can simply avoid these players' bots, but as they still get traffic, i doubt that it's a substantial part of the playerbase. In addition, people could use whitelisted bots, or at least try, if they were really determined to drive those players out of business. But that hasn't happened over the years.

Like Aquila, I remember when they were harvest events with reasonable frequency;

there was a time I had literally hundreds of them (and I STUPIDLY gave about 100 away) and they didn't cost more than 5k or 10k gc.

I certainly wouldn't buy for more than that and if I don't have any that I found, I won't do anything that requires one.

It's ridiculous, as is the cost of good armor now. The entire cost structure now prohibits the average player from participating.

New players don't need to worry about rostos for quite a while.

The rosto price is not only a detriment to the new players, it is also a detriment for the occasional players.

People who are online every day for hours can do the grinding needed to support some rostos, but it's virtually impossible for

the occasional player - especially when they would want to go on invances, instances or invasions where a loss of rosto is likely.

And let's face it: that's one of the parts of the game which is most fun for most players - but it's the one which is prohibitively expensive.

And this game needs new and more players more than anything else.

Either rostos need to get much cheaper and more abundant, or they should be replaced by a flat-rate model which allows protecting gear and requires

a daily or monthly payment or so (and rosto could be redeemed to get that protection for a certain time span).

5k is a price for a rosto which could work for me, which would allow much more joyful participation in invasions and invances (or that at all)

Edited by Elke

This topic was actually ment to make a survey.

But as people have started to also try to supply some suggestions to the topic I will also

misuse this topic to write down a idea I had this morning.

How about introducing an item called: Rosto Splint.

I would think of those Splints worth around 10kgc and one splint only protects gear of human nexus 1.

2 splints protect human nexus 2 gear

3 splints .... and so on ;)

That way if you don't have such a high end expensive gear you also dont need that much gc to protect it.

If you die and have a rosto it will burst into rosto splints and you have a chance of xx% to keep rosto splints.

So maybe you end up with 3 out of those 8, thus dieing with a rosto doesn't hurt so much.

Also those rosto splints can be found harvesting or from mobs (maybe more frequent than rostos do, for the

smaller players def. a nice feature, as they only need splints)

In oder to limit the splint price to go up, make NPC sell it for 10kgc each.

Also: make 8 individual rosto splints joinable (what ever skill ;) ) back into a rostogol stone using EEE (merging something

as powerful as a rosto splint needs a lot of energy ;) ).

That way if you loose a few rostos, after like 7 deaths or so (depends on percentage mentioned above) you have chance to craft yourself a free rosto, or if you dont want, just sell to newer players that cant/dont want to afford a full rostogol stone.

What you think?

This topic was actually ment to make a survey.

But as people have started to also try to supply some suggestions to the topic I will also

misuse this topic to write down a idea I had this morning.

How about introducing an item called: Rosto Splint.

I would think of those Splints worth around 10kgc and one splint only protects gear of human nexus 1.

2 splints protect human nexus 2 gear

3 splints .... and so on ;)

That way if you don't have such a high end expensive gear you also dont need that much gc to protect it.

If you die and have a rosto it will burst into rosto splints and you have a chance of xx% to keep rosto splints.

So maybe you end up with 3 out of those 8, thus dieing with a rosto doesn't hurt so much.

Also those rosto splints can be found harvesting or from mobs (maybe more frequent than rostos do, for the

smaller players def. a nice feature, as they only need splints)

In oder to limit the splint price to go up, make NPC sell it for 10kgc each.

Also: make 8 individual rosto splints joinable (what ever skill ;) ) back into a rostogol stone using EEE (merging something

as powerful as a rosto splint needs a lot of energy ;) ).

That way if you loose a few rostos, after like 7 deaths or so (depends on percentage mentioned above) you have chance to craft yourself a free rosto, or if you dont want, just sell to newer players that cant/dont want to afford a full rostogol stone.

What you think?

Would recommend some changes but this isnt half bad idea pretty legit tbh

I quite simply stopped going to invasions/invances on main server after the price got to 70k..makes the game less enjoyable but I refuse to go invasions on main.

Edited by Starlite

I refuse to pay more then 60-65k for a rosto. I havent done an invasion in a long time and have not done an invance since i got to my current range and about to lvl out. Rosto prices are ridiculous and once i lose my last 3 i will stop doing anything that requires them which just about means leaving the game.