Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Do you use Kusa silver/iron?

For map editing purposes... Not that I'm there often but I can't recall the last time I saw someone actually harvesting iron or silver on the Kusamura Jungle main map (pear hunters don't count, hehe).

As plans are being made for the next round of map updates, is there anyone who currently *regularly* uses KJ iron/silver as one of their main harv spots for those?

If so, what would be the difficulty if they were gone? (Hellspawn to get to inside spots not being considered a "difficulty" as it's a negative perk you freely chose for a reason. Though if it's your main reason to use KJ for those then that is a need to know.)

(This is only referring to the KJ iron/silver, both located not far from the Zirakinbar flag.)

These items are not necessarily changing (I can't personally change them without permission anyway), but as some changes are being made to... some surroundings... this is more an informal survey to find out if they're being used at all, and if so, why, before anything is done that could effect that.

If you prefer not to have your use of those spots made public for some reason, you can respond in a forum PM instead, PM in-game only if you have no forum account as I'm rarely available to respond when I'm in the game of late.

This is only an "unofficial survey", don't try and read anything into it on possible coming changes, you'll likely be wrong. ;-) hehe

Well I haven't played EL for a long time now, but I keep dropping in to read the forum. I would hate to think of these resources disappearing ... lovely relaxing places away from the crush of more popular mining spots. TBH I was always surprised that more people didn't use them more.

I now and then uses that spot together with the boat to pl, as this makes it a nice commute. but i would not say its my regular spot, as there are other silver/iron spots that are as good or as bad as this one. Just can say it gives the boat a nice use

I used it infrequently, with PV boat, sometimes there is ppl sit both silver and iron, but obviously alts changed things, and many buy HE/EnE from shop instead mix, so less demand for iron/silver harvesting in general.

I use them fairly regularly. At least enough that I but my bot there....

I also occasionally see others there too. It's a great place for bars (coal in the cocka cave, mule your own FEs) and of course it's an EE factory as well.

On that note, I'm all for map changes that make these less than popular maps more useful to the game, so I wouldn't stand in the way of progress, as long as if you nerf the site I get a free bot move.

we (Lorc Guild) have used it a few times for guild harv/mix events.

Consequences if they were removed ? we would just have to find somewhere else...but whats the problem with having them there? no need to change something that isn't broken :)

Please leave those ison/silver veins there, if possible - or if you have to, relocate them to some place close.

I do frequently use that map for EE making.

Thanks.

No decisions have been made about anything. This is solely an information-gather, seeing how often its used and why (as opposed to using other places).

There are other plans afoot that require this knowledge. Whether those plans affect this spot remains completely undetermined at this time, we need more info first. (I can't discuss them yet but that plan is quite huge and will include some interesting new changes, particularly for miners, but most all c2 users will find *something* about the plan useful.)

Assuming active use and assuming that final plan includes changing or removing these items, attempts would of course be made to have a similar replacement location, either moved on the same map or another, so no need to "campaign", just let us know if you still use it. ;-)

Edited by Burn