Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jojo

Ios on IP: ridiculously inadequate rewards

I did red snake skin collecting quest (180 skins). The reword was paltry 1200 gold and 1800 exp, if I remember correctly. It took me for a long time (now I am lv.84) and patience to gather that many of snake skins. Simply, the quest is not worth doing. Selling skins to player would have been better. The quest rewards need to make better or reduce the number required.

Sorry you feel that way, but many of us have completed that quest and had no problems with it. Do you realize that by the time you finish with Ios, you will have been paid 50kgcs? The wiki forums are down, so I don't have access to the exact numbers of total experence, but as with most quests, you only get the big numbers at the very end. Yes it is a lot of work, but there is no free lunch in EL and no one is making you do the quest.

http://tkn.emp.yuku.com/topic/4589231/IOS-Quest#.VcCEiddGuEI seems to have a list of Ios' summoning quest, too.

The amounts might be high for really new players or characters but it's not unreasonable. A quest is supposed to be a challange and there's no need to finish it in one go. There are many quests with a far bigger ratio of input vs. output :) However, additional to the XP gain on the intermediate stages and when obtaining the items, you gain much XP at once in the end.

Edited by Elke

If u don't wanna do the quest cause is to hard, don't. Simples.

Imo is free exp, as buying the skins is a cake walk.

I treat this as one of those "background" quests, where I accumulate the items while doing other things. Also, to maximize the XP reward, I redeem Ios (and Maia daily) on Summoning special day.

As far as this specific part of the quest goes, every once in a while (when you have 10-15 free minutes or so) go to Naralik and kill snakes. Within a few weeks/months, you should accumulate enough red snake skins for Ios. You should also accumulate plenty of green and brown snake skins, which you will need for a later part of the Ios quest.

I treat this as one of those "background" quests, where I accumulate the items while doing other things. Also, to maximize the XP reward, I redeem Ios (and Maia daily) on Summoning special day.

As far as this specific part of the quest goes, every once in a while (when you have 10-15 free minutes or so) go to Naralik and kill snakes. Within a few weeks/months, you should accumulate enough red snake skins for Ios. You should also accumulate plenty of green and brown snake skins, which you will need for a later part of the Ios quest.

Yeah, I treat these quests similarily. I keep in the back of my head what's on the schedule. And only work on that when I really have a few spare minutes and feel like beating the sense out of a few poor creatures. On summoning day I then cash-in the reward(s) - it's nothing which will run away, after all :)

Thank you for the explanations. It looks like things get more interesting as I progress in my levels. I'd take it as an ongoing quest as you suggest.

Two extra points (a bit late, but I was away for the last weeks)

1- if you go about it in a smart way, several items don't demand extra time (or very little). (hint: don't leave bags behind)

2- it's a summoning-related quest, so compare what you get from it with what you would have to spend getting the same experience through actually summoning creatures.