Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BunnieRabbit

Timer on dead creatures

I noticed that certain spells now have a timer on them, and I got to thinking, wouldn't it be nice to have a timer hover over a dead naturally spawning creature? I am aware this wont work for a select few creatures. Maybe have an option in settings to toggle it on and off. Its not exactly NEEDED, but I do know for haidir, or even training in combat skills, it would be useful. What do you guys think?

You can check monster's respawn time using build in stopwatch and then use the same feature (build in countdown timer) to know when monster will respawn.

Edited by Devnul

Indeed unneeded, and could give a lot of clutter on the screen if you are in a busy area.

Also, are you sure that the respawn time is the same every time and for all creature of a given species?

(it would be a pure client side feature, and thus 1 time per creature (or per creature name)

might be an idea for longer spawn timed creatures, maybe a better implication would be a click on the dead body puts up a message of how long to go,

for some longer spawns its useful if you didn't kill it and found it dead, like ivan

might be an idea for longer spawn timed creatures, maybe a better implication would be a click on the dead body puts up a message of how long to go,

for some longer spawns its useful if you didn't kill it and found it dead, like ivan

I think this is a bad idea, it would be a lot simpler and better if the stop-timer would be made to support bigger values. (~6 hours)

I think this is a bad idea, it would be a lot simpler and better if the stop-timer would be made to support bigger values. (~6 hours)

agreed

Yes, not needed and not useful in all cases, like when the mob dies out of sight of his spawn.

I use the timer. Though, I would like the timer to take up a little more area on the EL window, cos I keep missing it :P