Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Items warranty

Until recently, we had a semi official item warranty program, where you could pay 10 usd per month to insure an item against normal breaks. This didn't work, because some people would insure a good item and use it most of the time, some of them without even bothering to wear a NMT cape.

So I changed the warranty system, and I am making it official.

There are now two categories of items: Serpent based swords (thermal, ice, etc.) will be insurable for 10 usd per month, and you get unlimited replacements. All other items are also insurable for 10 usd per month, but you get only ONE free replacement. After that, you can pay another 10 usd and have it insured again.

Please keep in mind that the warranty does not apply for Acid Rain or BRoD and similar weapons. The items has to break normally. Also, it only works for the 'pristine' state of an item, for example you can insure a Titanium Plate, not an Used Titanium Plate Mail. This is to avoid people getting a warranty for breaking quests.

If you have questions, please ask.

P.S. If you want to insure many items from the same category (say, 3 different weapons) there might be discounts, so PM me for details.

Is the warranty specific to the item used by a single character, or can it be shared with alts and still be covered by the warranty?

Is the warranty specific to the item used by a single character, or can it be shared with alts and still be covered by the warranty?

Per character only, it is too hard to keep track of an item through multiple chars.

Antonia, go to shop page and click the PayPal pay button. Then pay the $10 and make sure you include your in game char name and the item you want to insure. That's all you gotta do. Then if it breaks while under warranty pm Radu and he will replace it. 

I do not believe they come with a 30 day warranty included. But I think that some weapons and armors come with 2 weeks warranty if bought from the shop, iirc. But that policy may have changed since I last purchased. Radu would probably have to confirm that point. 

Thanks Naz and SG.

I am bewildered as to how the heck people are supposed to find all this out - is it some secret that we're not really supposed to know about? I can't see any reference to a warranty in the shop page.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:36 AM, shadowgate said:

The initial warranty for all shop items is 3 weeks.

Can you confirm this, radu? :rolleyes:

I found out by asking asking radu when he gave me my stuff.

[04:05:28] [PM to radu: does the warrant on the therm serp end at the end of the month or on the 12th of next month?]
[04:05:36] [PM to radu: warranty*]

[04:07:08] [PM from radu: all stuff from shop have a 3 weeks warranty]