Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Littlebig

[Solved] Missing or incorrectly coloured dots on 1.9.4 client mini-map

Please tell us the version of the the client you are using and if there is anything relevant in your error log file. Thanks.

When? The official client on the download page has been updated to 1.9.4 in the last day or so. Which platform are you using. Anything in the error log?

Downloaded it few hour ago. Error log added above. Using Windows Vista.

Edited by Littlebig

Sorry but that is not the error log though it does show a very poorly supported graphics card. The file you need is in your configuration directory, in a subdirectory called log, with a file name main_<numbers/letters>.log. Again, what platform are you using , Windows, Mac or Linux?

You need to run the client, log in, show the mini map like you did originally, logout and then post the log file. Post it as a text document not a jpeg. You could put the text somewhere like this then post the url you are given.

If those are your complete log files for a session where you have logged in and displayed the mini-map, then I'm sorry to say they do not help.

Is this a new problem for the 1.9.4 version of the client? Did the mini-map work OK for you before 1.9.4?

Unfortunately, nothing of note in there either.

Please could you enter this command from within the client, please note the (proper) spelling of the word colour.

#ckdata named_colours.xml

It will output a single line, please copy/paste that line here.

I've build a new version of the client for windows with a minor change to how the colours are set for the mini-map. Please could you try it to see if it fixes your problem with the 1.9.4. client. Download it from here then copy it to your main EL folder. It's called el_mmtest.exe so be sure to run it rather than the original client. The version string during start-up and with the #vers command will be "1.9.4p1", the original client is just "1.9.4". Let me know how you get on.

I tried to dowload it, but Avast block it and shut down the page, then i shut down Avast, and managed to DL it, so far seems it fixed the problem, and all dots seems to be correct colours, and shadows black, thank you :icon13:

Side effect, because there is not anymore proper digital signature, Windows ask me now every time do i really want start the program, and also needed to whitelist EL on Avast. I Wonder is there anything to do to stop Windows asking permission every time.

Edited by Littlebig

Good news. The modification I made was simple and does not effect a previously working client so I will commit the change.

I'm not a windows user so do not know how to stop the permission thing. When I tried it out on Windows 7, there was a check box on the dialogue asking for permission. I provided the official windows build this time for Radu. I built this new version on the same machine in exactly the same way. I presume the installer Radu uses does something to make windows happy with the exe.

It's just the lack of signature now. And yes, there is a checkbox on warning window, but removing cross from to box not help at all. Anyway, seems this 1.9.4p1 version is better than original el.exe, and would be nice if radu change it to installer. It's only missing that signature. Thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Littlebig