Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Add S2E to daily armor/weapon request

Have NPC in TG buy S2Es for usual very low price in return for giving experience;

It is a drop item and would provide 2nd outlet for S2Es in storage,

The only reason there would be an excess of S2E is a certain player (or should I say "group of players" ?) trying to block access to hydro mine...

Edited by revi

The only reason there would be an excess of S2E is a certain player (or should I say "group of players" ?) trying to block access to hydro mine...

Very true, it's one thing for it to be a pk map, quite another to have someone live there blocking all access.

I am happy to see that hydro is finally not a safe zone. NPC sells the bars so really not a huge deal

Meh, Ive run 1000s of s2es and while sure died here and there over all theres ways to get around him..not that hard...use ur mindz :P

And this is how suggestions end up not getting listened to, as the actual topic gets completely lost. When I asked about a map thing I could do, I treated every off-topic post as being *for* what I asked for, and I hope the ones here will be as well by radu.

So getting back on topic:

Regardless of their use, S2Es (and any other makeable low-mix swords or armors that aren't currently asked to give, for that matter) are just as qualified to be asked for in Daritha's daily as anything already asked for.

These being both well-dropped and makeable at relatively low manu levels, there's no scarcity issues involved.

No objections here.

Iirc, the original purpose of those quests was to give an exit for some drop items which did not have much use (and thus accumulated in storages).

S2E is indeed a drop item, but has a use (for rather big numbers of them), so for me it is not a good candidate for a daily quest.

That some are trying to stop that use, doesn't change the reasoning.

With items being asked for that are NPC-bought, plus things like leather helms which are overdone for leveling and not drops (school, or selling en masse to Trik), the purpose is a bit more expanded, and some manuers use this daily to even get exp and sell items.

Add to that the high-level stuff that's been added where you can bet the majority is bought off the NPCs. Also outside the "original purpose".

Basically from day one, this daily was never that limited in purpose. These would be no different than steel chains purpose-wise.

It may have been a primary purpose in the beginning, but it was never the only purpose. And with all the additions to it since and the eventual drying up of drop items in storage that comes with every quest of this nature, I don't think it's even the primary purpose anymore.

Iirc, the original purpose of those quests was to give an exit for some drop items which did not have much use (and thus accumulated in storages).

S2E is indeed a drop item, but has a use (for rather big numbers of them), so for me it is not a good candidate for a daily quest.

Yes there are many titanium steel short swords being dropped; please enlighten me on creature which drops it.

At least with S2Es players could hunt PWs on non-mixable days.

Yes there are many titanium steel short swords being dropped; please enlighten me on creature which drops it.

At least with S2Es players could hunt PWs on non-mixable days.

some gargoyles?