Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Win a Fabulous Melinis home! :-D

In a fit of madness (a.k.a "I got radu's approval"), four homes in Melinis will be given away!* :goofy:

*Winners get: Your name will be put on one of the 14 houses in Melinis city, meaning when players enter, it'll say "You entered the home of (player name)". It's not private, just a way to get your name in the game.

HOW: There will be 4 find-me contests announced in the game this coming week. I'll do them during different time periods so there's more chance for everyone to participate.

They'll be announced in blue spam, at which time you tune in to #jc 7 events channel.

From there, I'll start providing clues on where to find my alt TwistedSister, who will be in place but not logged in until the contest officially starts so noone can start looking early.

The clues will start very vague, and slowly get more details, with 1 new clue every 5-10 minutes. You'll need to use your map knowledge! (No secret areas will be used.) I WILL NOT respond to questions or requests for more clues in between, excepting only if a given clue needs clarification. It's not supposed to be easy.

Players may only win once. 4 different players' names are to appear on the homes.

You can pick which home, first win, first served. Names will be added with the 1.9.4 client release, and will remain so long as the house is not needed in 1.9.5 or later for an EL story purpose. Radu of course reserves the right to evict you at any time should you be a problem child who later ends up getting banned from the game. ;-)

I cannot redesign the house interiors. They need to stay in the proper theme. (I may be able to address a bed color change, or different flowers in a vase, or some other small items, but no overhaul changes.)

Coming at various random times this week! :fire:

Contest Rules:

1- It's the first person to click to TRADE my alt TwistedSister that wins. (Seeing me first won't count if someone else comes and click-trades me first.)

2- No PMs, and I will not answer questions. If a clue is a bit vague, it's supposed to be.

3- The name to go on the house will be the name of the character that trades me. No alt substitutions. Find me with the character whose name you want to use.

4- Only one win per person. (Give others a chance as well. Your alts are probably better known than you think, and attempts at winning a second time can result in you losing both. No patience or tolerance for the greedy.)

Notes:

- When I say "map" in a clue, I mean the TAB map, anything you can see when you press TAB would count for that map, inside or out.

- No secret locations - This means TwistedSister will not be in any place that requires a "use with" item, nor any area not accessible by a standard door, cave, sewer grate, flag, ladder... i.e. you won't be clicking random items like corks or rocks.

Edited by Burn

It's the Final Countdown --- the last Melinis home Giveaway!

Bonus: Winner also receives an additional prize (35kgc value)

PLEASE SEE THE RULES located at the bottom of the top post just above this one.

Clues Given So Far:

For All Contests: Where I am, I cannot be PKed, and no normal-spawn creatures that ignore MM Perk can get to me. No secret locations.

STARTER CLUES: A) You can harvest on this TAB map. B ) There's logs to harvest on this TAB map, but no branches. C) At least one outhouse as well.

CLUE: There are one or more "aggressive" creature types that call this TAB map home.

Edited by Burn

The first house has been won. Congrats to Faxie!

Second contest coming, during a different time of (real-life) day.

FTR, the first location found was here:

Rysor49.jpg

Clues given were:

For All Contests: Where I am, I cannot be PKed, and no normal-spawn creatures that ignore MM Perk can get to me. No secret locations.

STARTER CLUES: A) Leonard cannot get to me where I am. B ) You can harvest on this map. C) Red Toadstools can be harvested on it (though not near me).

CLUE: I'm NOT somewhere that you'd have to click a cave entrance to enter.

CLUE: From where I sit with limited vision, harvestables I can (barely) see in the distance are white asiatic lilies, and some fruit.

CLUE: Awwww, a rabbit of some sort just came into view! Nope, it hopped away again. Oh, your wanted a clue, right: I can see the sky.

Edited by Burn

Thank you soo much for the effort that went into this contest! I enjoyed the hunt (and the price :P) very much :D

The second house has been won. Congrats to Angler!

Third contest coming, during a different time of (real-life) day.

FTR, the second location found was here (Melinis sewer, those boxes in the top right corner are where storage is at):

Im9P8qv.jpg

Clues given were:

STARTER CLUES: A) Leonard cannot get to me where I am. B ) You can harvest on this map. C) This TAB map includes at least one harvestable type of quartz, or more.

CLUE: This TAB map has at least one NPC somewhere on it.

CLUE: You will NOT need to click on a door to get where I am.

CLUE: You can harvest branches on this TAB map. Very odd for an insides location.

Edited by Burn

The third house has been won. Congrats to King_Turtle!

Last contest coming, during a different time of (real-life) day this weekend.

FTR, the third location found was here (White Stone City - the building to the left of the pic is the WS PK Arena):

ieSobIT.jpg

Clues given were:

- For All Contests: Where I am, I cannot be PKed, and no normal-spawn creatures that ignore MM Perk can get to me. No secret locations.

STARTER CLUES: A) Leonard cannot get me where I am. B ) You can harvest on this TAB map. C) You can cook meat somewhere on this TAB map.

CLUE: At least one of the three rabbit types call this TAB map home.

CLUE: This map is NOT one that the dung portal room (hall of outhouses) will drop you in.

CLUE: There are more than five NPCs outside on this map.

CLUE: Books can be bought from an NPC either on this map or in a building in this map.

CLUE: The Nenorocit can sometimes be spotted on this map.

Edited by Burn

The final house has been won. Congrats to Maxine!

FTR, the final location found was here in Zirakinbar:

3zly6EE.jpg

Clues given were:

STARTER CLUES: A) You can harvest on this TAB map. B ) There's logs to harvest on this TAB map, but no branches. C) At least one outhouse as well.

CLUE: There are one or more "aggressive" creature types that call this TAB map home.