Eternal Lands Official Forums
Talixim

GC Drop Rates

This is mostly aimed towards players who solely mix or who only do instances/invances/daily a/d quests.

For what reasons do you not train a/d? Is it too much of a risk? Do you not enjoy training a/d? Is it too much of a grind? Is there not enough incentive to train a/d for you personally? What are your opinions?

The reason for my questions is that there is little to no incentive for me personally to train a/d. Sure, having a high a/d is nice but is the grind really worth the time? In my opinion, if gc drops were increased I would be more inclined to grind out more a/d levels instead of sticking to just doing daily quests. In the long term, do you think this would add a few if not more people to the small pool of players who try to or enjoy participating in pk?

Theoretically, how would other aspects of the game change if gc drops were increased from monsters across the level spectrum (low levels to high levels)? If you made a slight profit as a mixer who also trained a/d would you be more inclined even out play time between mixing and training a/d?

(...)

The reason for my questions is that there is little to no incentive for me personally to train a/d. Sure, having a high a/d is nice but is the grind really worth the time? In my opinion, if gc drops were increased I would be more inclined to grind out more a/d levels instead of sticking to just doing daily quests. In the long term, do you think this would add a few if not more people to the small pool of players who try to or enjoy participating in pk?

(...)

Don't confuse a/d training, (and fighting in invasions, instances, and invances) with pk: I know enough high a/d players that do not pk at all.

Personally, from what I see/hear, the attitude of at least a number of the PK-oriented players is enough to make me stay as far away from it as possible.

I found a/d training never much of a risk. But the wait for a respawn is boring... And unless you take too much risk (i.e. train on monsters too strong for you), a/d training already is somewhat profitable at least up to my level (~130s a/d).

Edited by revi

Many years ago I started a/d training so I could enter instances (needs 60 a/d), but I never enjoyed the grind. For me the drops are not the issue, the respawn time is, I just don't like waiting for mobs to fight. I like having to compete with spawn serpers (at any level) even less, so I do my tigers before Tzu happends and just save them up and hand them in.

As to pk, I am 100% with revi. Being a fighter and doing pk are two totally different things. I enjoy instances, occasionally do invances and hunt Lenny. You will only find me in pk for hunting Joker/pear/Lenny, I even buy my hydro bars at the NPC.

I don't really train A/D at all, I do what I want to do when I want to do it so I am a slow leveller :P drops is not important for me since I do what I think is fun for the moment.

PKing is boring, there is No fun in going into a PK map and get 1 hit killed (or 2) by some high levelled char, it happened way to many times so stopped going..

Oh and funniest thing I've seen on a PK map: about 15-20 PKers nagging about PKing being dead :P

Edited by Entris

I don't really train A/D at all, I do what I want to do when I want to do it so I am a slow leveller :P drops is not important for me since I do what I think is fun for the moment.

PKing is boring, there is No fun in going into a PK map and get 1 hit killed (or 2) by some high levelled char, it happened way to many times so stopped going..

Oh and funniest thing I've seen on a PK map: about 15-20 PKers nagging about PKing being dead :P

+1

I've done my share of training and on a double spawn, it's fun, fcw, trolls, frost trolls, etc. Lately it's the last thing on my list and I have to be really bored to go train As far as pk goes, I don't as a general rule. Of the 2 pk kills I have, they both attacked me first.

not that higher level player at the moment but a/d training is ok when there are lots on a map to kill, atm that would be Naralik, go there attack everything because non can kill me, also a/d training has the expectation of getting some rare and sometimes high value drops.

there real grind is watching that Overall level drain away so slowly,

I agree with Maxine and revi, its not the drops, its the waiting time. that makes one not want to do a/d training.

+1

I also don't train (even stop playing EL due to that) since fighting/traning is horribly boring. On instance/invance you can have a lot of fun, on solo spawn-training you can fall asleep ...

For me, a/d training is also way to boring to be worth doing: click a critter, restore if needed, pick up bag, wait...wait...wait (yawn). Mixing (which is also boring) can be done while I watch TV or something so it's fine. But if I do something while training I miss my restore and die. As noted above, faster re-spawn would help by eliminating the "wait...wait...wait (yawn)" part.

Well, leveling a/d by training on monsters is boring, as bkc56 mentioned, wait, wait wait, watching grass growing is more interesting, except you have to deal there with some moles ruining your lawn, while you have to deal in EL with spawn stealers, which isn't really much more exciting, except that spawn stealers have a little bit higher speaking skill than moles..

I am quite happy with the xp i get from Daritha or Dorel from time to time, i am too bored (and lacking the time to do them) to do Haidir quests, so i will enjoy the game as i do usually with harvesting, sometimes supplying Daritha and maybe even Dorel and live with that :)

Piper

hi:)

oh yes it's realy time to do something for the poor fighters: reduse spawntime and increase drop rate. It's so much easier and quicker to level the skills with harvesting and mixing. and look at all the mixers that get very rich with selling their stuff.. But would't it be easier to just give all these high level fighters just lets say 1 mio xp and 1 mio gold every day just for loggin in?

:)

hi:)

oh yes it's realy time to do something for the poor fighters: reduse spawntime and increase drop rate. It's so much easier and quicker to level the skills with harvesting and mixing. and look at all the mixers that get very rich with selling their stuff.. But would't it be easier to just give all these high level fighters just lets say 1 mio xp and 1 mio gold every day just for loggin in?

:)

No one forces you to train a/d, no one forces you to harvest and/or mix.

Stop trolling...

Waiting time on spawn can be boring, but there is a few solutions. You can do other things while wait, althought that easily yield not fight at all :laugh: , or try get double spawn, or do some chat. But most important is dont do anything too long time at once, break the routines, and change your jobs often. Also, if you do good old flee training, then there is not much spawning time waitings at all.

thats why so many people train these days :P they go in invances they do daily, thats it. Many spawns that where one or 2 years ago allways busy are having now long times without fighters, i wonder why.

Hi! Personally i dont feel much motivation training in legionnarie trolls, they drop only gcs, very very low..my suggestion for ~155,165 a/d ppls increase the rate, add some stones...efes...or something good! :D they don't pay even the resources wasted such as he/sr, but, im not complaining cuz we have daritha/haidir and invances for fighters, like me.

cheers.

Edited by Multani

Time is the most important resource in life, and training monsters is such a waste of it. The waiting for respawn is annoying, also the drops. This is a game but we are investing our time on it.

ofc it is a waste, but there some ppls who earn money playing in sponsors, selling game items/resources :D

Actually, grinding started as C2 came. I'm not saying C2 was bad to EL but it started the grinding fast.

Everytime when someone say "old times", they get flamed but I remember spending only 1-2 hours on spawn and the rest of the day in PK. But back then we had drops (not 8971289731k items, but tit longs, steel chains, if you are lucky some plate set and serps) and it was the fun of it.

People started to be afraid when big items came to EL, where you could lose almost a WEEK worth of items, just because a milisecond ping of your connection. And back then, when rostos were just like 16k (which was pretty cheap) people were still PKing, because of the rosto prices, but not for income, just for fun.

But as the rostos gone up to 50k? (I don't know recent prices) the fun left PK. That's the history of PK's getting dead day after day.

For training a/d, It's BORING. And actually it was fun to have a new level in a few days, without training TOO much. But 178 max level is just ridicilious tbh. People grinded and grinded for days and weeks and months and YEARS. For what?

My personal thought is; what is the point grinding for WEEKS when you can't enjoy it against people? Where is the fun in that?

As for the drops, yeti used to drop HEAPS, so did acw's. People who could train/kill them that times are the ones with +50 bought pp's right now. People who started recently or even 2 years ago can never get to that point, not even close.

Actually, I find it the main cause of people's not sticking to EL, if they are a newcomer. Look at the player base, most of people who play EL, have been playing EL at least over 3-4 years. I started in 2003, did quit in 2012...

i dont train a/d cuz spawns are slow and also i get tired of click chasing mobs, specially small mobs.

i REALLY REALLY hate click chasing.

click chasing and stupid harv events is why i quit EL.

im mainly back just for the people. i spend more time chatting than actually doing something.

I agree with you, and id like to say this: Now we all can interact with our alts and train with them. I think people are gonna lvl a/d & magic training their alts and gonna quit killing monsters. I think its bad for the game.