Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

remove location restriction from daily cloth breaking

With the fact that some pk fighters wait for people breaking cloth, so that they can do some easy kills for pki or annoyance of the pvping persons, i would recoment, that the requirement of dpa 40 arena should be taken off, and any means of cloth breaking be accepted for that quest.

Its just an annoyance having to walk back from hell to arena again, because someone likes easy kills, as an alternative, we can make the arena so that other people cannot harm you when you are fighting someone else.

Since it is likely that this quest was implemented to add a market for tailoring items, change it so that the NPC only takes the items instead of asking you to break them, gives you gold coins + some tailoring experience points. Then remove the a/d experience reward.

The gold coin reward covers the tailoring item price so this will encourage more people to do the quest and will increase the market for tailoring items.

Fight back !

It's quite hard to fight back when someone in the150's+ with therm and pr0 gear attacking someone who is <140 with a bone (so as not to kill your friend), a brown robe shirt/skirt. Then you get Geoffrey who whips out a BROD and breaks your clothing in a mannor not useable for the daily or someone who harms you to death without so much as a "how do you do?". I agree with Vino, remove the location restrictions. There are plenty of pk places in c1 & c2 that we can do the daily at with less risk and troubles, even in drop maps.

The arena is capped at 40 so the evil pkers are capped also. Carry armor and weapon in inventory perhaps. Cast mi you should be fine as long as your engaged then evil geo can't brod your pretty clothes

Edited by CherUT

Not surprising you missed the point :whistle: A 150's+ character has 150's stats. 48 reason ensures they are going to hit you nearly every time. 48 instinct means that they are going to block nearly every hit you throw at them. The final point being that who wants to work that hard for the daily? Nobody! That's why no one does it. The harvester/mixers who'd like to do the daily without being hassled are left out in the cold again. Far too many mixers are being pushed away, because we have enough people who get their jollies off pking anything that walks.

I'm sure most are referring to a certain person in YARR that targets people at DPA. There's an easy solution to not being killed by that person. Very simple really. But alas, it alludes the shallow minds.

And btw..check out the stats of the char that sits at DPA..not even near 150s..

Edited by Patriot

Not surprising you missed the point :whistle: A 150's+ character has 150's stats. 48 reason ensures they are going to hit you nearly every time. 48 instinct means that they are going to block nearly every hit you throw at them. The final point being that who wants to work that hard for the daily? Nobody! That's why no one does it. The harvester/mixers who'd like to do the daily without being hassled are left out in the cold again. Far too many mixers are being pushed away, because we have enough people who get their jollies off pking anything that walks.

So you want to turn that daily into free xp for no cost and risk at all?

As Hussam said, the NPC covers the cost of the item. All you have to do is keep MI up or use TS and only cast MI if someone is close. The arena is single combat. As long as you stay engaged nobody can attack you and the mages are easily avoided.

With your suggestion this daily is just free xp. There is no risk or cost to it, since the NPC pays for the item. If this was implemented then at least the gc reward should be removed.

I doubt it was meant to be free xp. So use the money you get from the NPC for MI spells or TS pots and you are safe.

Edited by Finja

If indeed the arena caps make it more difficult for the high pk-ers, how about adding a number of arena's/maps where the quest will work?

Still PK required, but different (or no) caps, and some will be drop areas.

Getting all location requirements dropped will change the nature of the quest too much, so I doubt that will get implemented.

I am not against the pking part of the quest, i just do not like that one person or a group of person think they can take this as a way to earn some gc, by marking the bully. An no casting MI all the time is not a solution, as there might be people wanting to break clothes that do not even have the ability to cast mi. Remove the restriction to one arena, and it opens up lots of possiblities. And removes one part of the game, that slowly drives people out of the game.

I am not against the pking part of the quest, i just do not like that one person or a group of person think they can take this as a way to earn some gc, by marking the bully. An no casting MI all the time is not a solution, as there might be people wanting to break clothes that do not even have the ability to cast mi. Remove the restriction to one arena, and it opens up lots of possiblities. And removes one part of the game, that slowly drives people out of the game.

DPA is no drops. So the evil PKers cant make any gc there.

Casting MI is only one solution. TS is another and there are pots for it that anyone can use, even the lowest levels.

I highly doubt dying in a no drops arena drives people out of the game. And if it does than maybe it is not the worst thing to lose these people. You have to be really close minded to quit over something minor like that.

What I get from your posts is: You are not against the pking part, but only as long as nobody pk's you...

TS pot does not help against person who has his char loged in almost 24/7 in the arena afk 90% of the time, as its an alt, and offering people to be undisturbed when they pay some fee. And that behaviour is the typicall bully behaviour. Its the Bully behaviour that gets on my nerve, not the pking. I do not like to pk, so i do not go often into pk maps. If i do i do it prepared, to die.

I will continue to go to dpa and break clothes there, regardless how often i get killed there, its mainly an walk back to dpa at an other time if nothing broke. BUT ITS A BAD THING FOR A GAME TO HAVE A PLACE WHERE CONSTANTLY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HAVE TO DO A QUEST HAVE TO GO THERE; JUST TO BE GETTING IRRITATED BY A PEROSN OR SMALL GROUP OF PERSON SET UP TO DISTRUB THOSE PEOPLES FUN WITHOUT ANY BENIFIT OF THE FACT THAT THEY ANNOYED SOMEONE.

SO let the clothes be broken in PK, but anywhere where you want, and not just in DPA.

It is not a bad thing for the game to bring people together. Even if they come together in bloodshed.

People want hydro, and that is not safe? Should we move hydro to IP? We can spawn s2e swords next to it in bags, but then we will get threads that OMFG someone bj all the s2e. Or the hydro needs to be moved because too many harvestors like evtr iron.

It is a game

It is not supposed to be safe, waiting another day to do the quest or a different time of day is NOT the end of the world.

And if you really can't survive in DP arena long enough to break clothings, I suggest you Hire Finja and let her teach you.

You people not heard of team work? Kill the pker at dpa easy they low a/d then do daily simples. This games is supposed to be about the tewm effort, invances instances guilds etc this should be no different, if a low level toon wants to break some clothes or w/e in dpa bring a big freind to 'help'.

I like that there a daily that involves pk and it inevitable some people won't like the 'risk' of losing some pki

I think most of you are missing the point, and that is "IT IS NOT FUN".

I dont do things that annoy me, this being a prime example. If it needed to be broken in PvP/pk, but without the location restriction, I would happily do it on a regular basis, but now I stopped doing it. Having to pvp someone over an hour to break something is bad enough, having to do it while other people are making a nuisance of themselves is not worth the effort.

Perhaps its fun for the people killing the pvp'ers. They need entertainment too, you know :)

I dont do things that annoy me, this being a prime example. If it needed to be broken in PvP/pk, but without the location restriction, I would happily do it on a regular basis, but now I stopped doing it. Having to pvp someone over an hour to break something is bad enough, having to do it while other people are making a nuisance of themselves is not worth the effort.

Maxine you spelled it clearly enough. They'll never get it!

Edited by Aquila

Maxine you spelled it clearly enough. They'll never get it!

One could say the same to you. If one was so inclined.

Daily quests are not mandatory. Nor do they require your enjoyment. They offer reward for time/resources if you so choose to do them. If there is a daily quest you do not like, don't do it. Asking for a change to have a reward more suit your ideology of fun is selfish. If you do not like the interaction with those that are making a nuisance for you, the simple conclusion is do not participate, and go engage in those activities you enjoy.

11 years and I still can't fucking quote correctly on forums. I am hopeless and give up

We already have haidir/daritha/invances which are practically free experience points. I don't see the point behind complaining about yet another source of free experience not being fun enough.

They don't necessarily need to be fun to begin with and they certainly don't need to fit everyone's definition of fun.

Wizzy you are so right! We only need to make one segment of the EL population happy! I'm not going to beat this dead horse any longer. I quit.

Trying to use reasonable arguments in order to discuss an issue is obviously a bad idea, every one just quits if they disagree with a point of view.

As soon as some people playing within the rules is inconvenient for others they solicit to change it, on their own virtues of goodness and fair play.

Again, this is not like paying taxes, no one is forcing you to participate.

TS pot does not help against person who has his char loged in almost 24/7 in the arena afk 90% of the time, as its an alt, and offering people to be undisturbed when they pay some fee. And that behaviour is the typicall bully behaviour. Its the Bully behaviour that gets on my nerve, not the pking. I do not like to pk, so i do not go often into pk maps. If i do i do it prepared, to die.

I will continue to go to dpa and break clothes there, regardless how often i get killed there, its mainly an walk back to dpa at an other time if nothing broke. BUT ITS A BAD THING FOR A GAME TO HAVE A PLACE WHERE CONSTANTLY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HAVE TO DO A QUEST HAVE TO GO THERE; JUST TO BE GETTING IRRITATED BY A PEROSN OR SMALL GROUP OF PERSON SET UP TO DISTRUB THOSE PEOPLES FUN WITHOUT ANY BENIFIT OF THE FACT THAT THEY ANNOYED SOMEONE.

SO let the clothes be broken in PK, but anywhere where you want, and not just in DPA.

That is the whole reason for the quest and the NC arena - provide activities bullies like; maybe they will mug one less old lady for welfare check.

That is the whole reason for the quest and the NC arena - provide activities bullies like; maybe they will mug one less old lady for welfare check.

Right. Everyone who likes to pk in a game is a bully in rl and robs grandmas. I think they also murder puppies

Yep we are all that way irl. PK is a part of the game some of us enjoy. Just like you might enjoy harvesting or mixing.

Right. Everyone who likes to pk in a game is a bully in rl and robs grandmas. I think they also murder puppies

I don't think people who like to pk are necessarily evil bullies... or that people who like mix/harvest are necessily wimpy whiners. :)

But what I've seen around dpa when I've popped in lately, hasn't looked much like pk'ers. It looks to me more like trolls, looking to cause the maximum irritation possible to the greatest number of people.

And Wizzy, I really dislike your statement that, "Asking for a change to have a reward more suit your ideology of fun is selfish." That could apply to the vast majority of all suggestions in the forums, many of which are useful and well reasoned. People don't deserve to have their ideas shot down merely because there's self-interest involved. What would you prefer people suggested? Things that would irritate them more?

For myself, I did the clothes-breaking quest for a while when it first came out. Tailoring experience is the most expensive and most difficult of all of the 12 skills, imo, and I was eager to try a daily quest that gave tailoring xp. For me, as with some of the others who've spoken up, it hit a point where the irritation wasn't worth the reward to me, so I stopped doing it.

It's hard enough to find another person who wants to join me in the arena at a convenient time; recruiting a bodyguard or two wouldn't be practical for me on a daily basis, particularly given my guild's non-aggressive nature. I personally dislike the fact that it's not really single-combat, in that people can harm you while you're engaged with someone else, and that harm damage is not reduced by the caps. But those issues have been argued to death in other threads, and aren't likely to change. I find the idea of having more than one arena involved for the quest an interesting one. At the very least, it would make it more difficult for a single player to be disruptive by him/herself.

I have no clue whether it's working as Radu intended; only he can answer that. I think more people would participate if there were some tweaks made, and I applaud Vino for suggesting one. Maybe it's not one that suits Radu's thinking, I don't know, but it was an effort. Sure, there are plenty of other daily quests, but none others that give the tailoring xp that some of us would like a chance to have in a more interesting way than grinding orange dye. I like the idea behind the quest, and hope some way can be found to increase participation in the future.