Eternal Lands Official Forums
Finja

Bring back the fun

I used to run Penguin Day a few years back. LNX guild (and others) would all donate fabulous prizes and we'd run contests big and small all day long. The last Penguin Day was the last Penguin Day because I got tired of reading the ungrateful bitchery that came with the prizes and the style of invasions. Apparently the community wants dragon armor for playing hide and seek. Enriched essies as prizes for a bag hunt were a joke, or so I was told. It just wasn't worth all the advanced planning.

As long as I planned far enough ahead and posted my intentions in the forums, I almost never had a problem finding a mod who was willing to help if I could be flexible with the times. Granted, this was years ago now, but still...

Gonna slide this in here too, since I rarely get around here to post anymore: Game still needs ways to use these skills everyone grinds on. New, different varied ways to use them all.

Edited by Nova

Wizzy, you are 100% correct!

BTW, I never named anyone in my post and if you took offence, that's on your head, not mine.

With respect to KF clash being done with mod support, yes, I did it for years and was always asked early. This time I couldnt help, work has been too busy

Since there are certain mod-capabilities required for such an event, the "new" mods cant do them.

That makes sense Maxine, Thank you for clarifying that

I have been gone for awhile and I too noticed how few players are actually online at any given point. I'm no computer genius but I do love this game and I'm willing to help revive these Eternal Lands in any way I can. I'm going to be around till the wheels fall of. This game is like a second home to me. I would also be willing to donate to contests and assist in any other way I possibly can.(I'm currently trying to restock my storage and don't have a lot to offer but what I do have I'm willing to part with if it does what Finja suggests "Bring back the fun") Feel free to pm me ingame any time if anyone has any suggestions on how I may help.

P.S. Love you all and I truly am happy to be back.

1 idea....how about a kill the god contest in KF.

A mod who has their own abilities/stats but a shed load of health/mana (30k ish perhaps) and lots of high lvl summ stones and someone (s) has to kill him/her -

Would be good, - either see people working together as a team to do it (guilds working together) or maybe some naughty people in un-named guilds could actively participate by killing those trying to kill the god

So you could have people who try to kill the god, people who dispose of the gods mobs, people trying to kill both of those sets of people and people to protect both of those sets of people from others trying to kill them and its up to everyone which they will be

From chaos comes fun

When I started playing about 8/9 (might be longer) years ago, one of my first recolections of EL and events was sitting in a stand watching Guild teams of 4/5 fight waves of monsters, plus think it was a HAVN player who peaded to change his COL as broke in first wave, think it was trolls lol. But being low level then it was great watching the higher lev players : ) Maybe a thought? I also use to go on invasions, really enjoyed them even if I died, but not any more, way too overpowered for me. Problem is since the intro of dailys and hydro for nexus, the gap imo has widened greatly from top fighters to mid fighters plus with price of Rostogol players wont risk it at lower level, hence the top fighters have fun and lower ones dont bother.. The Mods have their own RL same as we do they cant be on beck and call but a list of Mods and what they are willing to help with might help, as some might be willing to do PK events, invasion ect, just a thought as Ive no idea who most are and then see what they have done, so players cant complain they have done nothing, as with different time zones we all miss something : ) again just a though

I want to personally thank you Wizzy for todays invasion..... So many people were able to take part and you made many of us very happy, Thank You for taking time out of your day for us

I agree with Cher. Thank you so much Wizzy for taking time out of your busy day to create fun for us.

I wasn't playing my own char tonight, but a lovely friends high lvl char, so I was able to stay till the end and it was awesome. I sat out the first few waves because of that char, but I heard about it from lower lvl guildies/friends. It was fun for everyone, even the lower level people. Also I noticed there were more players attending it than the usual Bethel uncap.

It would be awesome if we could get more invasions like that. Maybe some time even Wizzy can take part in one instead of just provinding the fun for others.

It would be awesome if we could get more invasions like that. Maybe some time even Wizzy can take part in one instead of just provinding the fun for others.

I wasn't able to participate due to RL, but when it gets more calm I plan to do invasions again and hope Wizzy can participate. Will be a few more weeks, so don't hold your breath.

I wasn't able to participate due to RL, but when it gets more calm I plan to do invasions again and hope Wizzy can participate. Will be a few more weeks, so don't hold your breath.

That's great Maxine we look forward to your invasions as well.... I am sure others will enjoy them also :)

The invasions this week hosted by Wizzy have been a blast, was unable to attend the melinis one due to RL priorities, but the C2 portals one was lots of fun. Nice to have 4500 mobs that arent all super strong, but have small stuff mixed in :)

Yesterday had a few locations with hidden mobs in them. Not a huge number, but enough to have some fun hunting and even a little pk action :D

Thanks for taking the time Wizzy! much appreciated :)

Changed my mind after todays experience with the gratefulness. Instead I will take a few weeks break

Changed my mind after todays experience with the gratefulness. Instead I will take a few weeks break

Yes, obviously someone with a different point of view does not deserve your gratefulness.

Maxine, this is an obvious over-reaction, take a deep breath.