Eternal Lands Official Forums

How about to make a bag so, that the creator of the bag can attack someone who wents on that bag, maybe make it so that he has to put in a special key or so to make it that way.Bagjumpers do in this game get with a bit patience and luck a lot of profit out of other peoples work, and the people who in part harvest for hours might get annoyed and leave the game over such things happening. The fact that someone might attack one for that should be enough to disencourage that behaviour

Edit:

Addums that i posted in comments after this.

Person on bag should be only attackable while he is on bag. if he leaves it he is off the hook.

Am not including hyperbags in this. They have their own sort of protection

In case of jump it should be debated if only the original creator, or the guild of it can attack.

Edited by vinoveritas

I agree, A chance to get the bag back would only be fair. Another way to perhaps encourage pk.

I certainly can see no harm in letting the original owner of the bag have a chance to fight for it.

Question is, can only the owner of the bag attack, or will be open for any player to attack?

Very nice idea indeed... and make it open to a guild attack or allow guild to block the bagjumper (blocking not allowed normally)

Hi Vino, nice idea indeed, if I understand you correctly and you are talking about open / active bags only.

Edited by Nardo Lala

ok so you realize if you attack someone, they will and can attack back. So your harvester with 100 a/d or whatever, attacks the "ebul" bag jumper who is equipt to fight and you die, and they get the bag anyway. Which, while it would be hilarious, defeats the purpose of defending your bag..

There are plenty of ways to protect a bag you have down. If you're muling you can use true sight. Dont harvest in popular areas, umm dont drop a huge bag etc.

Also, while I claim no part in YARR's "harrassment" towards K&M nor condone it, they have offered you a peaceful solution to their bag jumping and killing of your guildies. Just something to consider.

But bags are bags, you step off someone else might step on. End of story

Edited by Patriot

Of course there will be still injustice with the system i propose, Patriot. Well the world is injust. Its also not about YARR trying to best K&M when they think they can. But yes its a bagjump from them that made me think its to bad that you do not get to attack someone who is on a bag that you opened.

I actually propose that you cannot attack the person again once he left the bag. A bag might be just a bag, but The person who created the bag and put in his hard labour should have a bit more right on it then others.

And yes i am only refering for normal bags that are opened and activily used. A hyperbag has the protection of invisibility

Patriot, wasn't YARR's offering "we won't attack you if you pay us"? Can't remember the exact figure but it was a lot! As if we are going to consider that...

Anyway, like Vino said, this isn't about YARR. Vino is trying to suggest a solution to an injustice in the game which can often lead to good players leaving EL. I'm glad Vino has made these suggestions, however the problem with this solution is that if the bagjumper is a high level a/d, then who is going to pick a fight with them? At least we are talking about it though...

I have got bag jumped a lot, mainly in gypsum while muling.

Not complaining, I only keep just a few more then my mule can carry, so is a small bag and can just start a new bag next to my old one.

For the most part, the char doing the jumping are low level alts, at least has been my experience.

So it would not be a big deal for a harvester to get the bag back. Also would force the Main to use their "main char" if they want to keep the bag.

This causing them to use their valuable game time instead of training, they would be sitting on a bag waiting for it to poof.

Of course I can see ways that this could be abused, using trickery to get foe to jump bag and start a guild war, with everyone in hiding waiting for the bag jump to happen.

Would that really be a bad thing? Assuming it only affects those involved.

Drop bags around storage, player comes in, attack player, take their drops, refresh bags, wait for more .... what could possibly go wrong with allowing attacking people on bags?

This is just another suggestion to make something that is not suppose to be safe a bit "safer"..

If You make a bag and step off it You just lost it by Your own stupidity, make a bag and harvest and get a TP off of it? Same thing there Your own stupidity caused You to lose it.

No idea how many times I have heard the phrase "Bags are not suppose to be safe" was surprised that LRNR didn't add it now :P

Edited by Entris

Lol this is a great idea, I can't wait to leave bags about so that I can lay in wait invis ofc to bomb nasty bag jumpers, best bag saving idea yet

i shure would not mind kicking this guy's behind from here to moon... bj after 7th minute

EDIT:

those RICH people are hard, they took matter in their hands and kicked the bad seed out.

since I was asked to remove the video, i will do so, I meant no harm to guild, but to one player: lovingm0m, which I would still like to get my hands on...

Edited by Seiduna

Seriously?

8 minutes of mapwalking and bot trading to show us someone took 1 dung that you dropped them on purpose?

You got way too much time on your hands.

nope my friend, point is that bj took place:

I was using the #day and I had my alt bringing me ings.

I had nice bag with ings for over 300 ashes and over 200 cooked meat.

So my alt came along with more ings for bag and I moved to let alt fill the bag.

That is when I got bj.

LovingMOM stayed on it for a while, in that time I tried to talk to her and trade, but as you can see from History - no reply.

She left me just some branches in bag...

(I presume she made ashes and took the food)

Since she hang around I decided to record it,

my alt went to buy some dung and planted it for her to repeat bj, which is recorded...

Usually I do not record my playtime, but this is example where it is clearly seen that she is waiting for bj.

bj is bj, low moral

Indeed this is against RICH code of conduct: Guild RICH has 251 members. The guild URL is: http://www.rich-guild.org.uk/hosted/richforum

General info: We are a teamwork oriented guild. We don't honour pk and try to make the game more fun for everyone.
Joining the guild: Beggars and non-teamplayers need not apply. You need to agree to our rules and have a skill at level 20. PM Lu05, ValeriaOfCapri or Tian in game
I have brought this matter to the attention of Lu05 and i am certain that recompense will be made!
Thanky Rosa for bringing this matter to my attention, always got ya back covered my friend iceV x

We cold have temporary locked bags, the dropper has a special item "bag lock" puts it in bag, then it asks for code, which would be 4 didgit, then the bag turns red which indicates that bag is locked, the dropper and intended gatherer would only know the code for the bag

the lock could be on short timer say 30 - 60 seconds, just enough to stop the bj's and short enough to stop people leaving locked bags everywhere

bag turns normal colour after timer ,

if the person trying to pick up the bag doesnt enter the correct code they get an automatic teleport nexus, even if they are standing over it, again to allow the correct reciever to pick it up otherwise a bj could just hold it till time runs out

Edited by caladina

We cold have temporary locked bags, the dropper has a special item "bag lock" puts it in bag, then it asks for code, which would be 4 didgit, then the bag turns red which indicates that bag is locked, the dropper and intended gatherer would only know the code for the bag

the lock could be on short timer say 30 - 60 seconds, just enough to stop the bj's and short enough to stop people leaving locked bags everywhere

if the person trying to pick up the bag doesnt enter the correct code they get an automatic teleport nexus, even if they are standing over it, again to allow the correct reciever to pick it up otherwise a bj could just hold it till time runs out

This would provide a safe way to drop a bag, dropped bags are not supposed to be safe, instead you can stay on the bag and trade, much more annoying than the usual method but a trade cannot be bagjumped.

This would provide a safe way to drop a bag, dropped bags are not supposed to be safe, instead you can stay on the bag and trade, much more annoying than the usual method but a trade cannot be bagjumped.

Nope, no protection at all, a bagjumper can just stand on the bag and wait for the timer to lapse (what do you do if he refuses to enter a code?).

standing on the bag for x amount of seconds would trigger a teleport nexus, as for trading from a drop bag, mules cant trade,

one of the reasons i was thinking was to allow a mule to pick up