Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Using hyperbags? Important Notice

As you have probably seen, we're prepping a new client release. With it will come updated maps.

The maps coming with the new client have all been heavily gone through to fix walkability issues. In the majority of cases, this has meant adding walkable tiles, however in others it's meant removing walk tiles, be it because they shouldn't have been walkable in the first place, or slight changes to spots now may have a rock or something on the spot.

If you use hyperbags, it's important to keep this in mind. If a tile is no longer accessible when the client is finally updated, and you have a hyperbag on it, that bag is gone forever.

Being the one that did the majority of this type of map work, I can say there's a 99.999999999% chance this won't affect you, as I always aimed towards adding walkable tiles instead of removing them whenever possible.

But no map should be considered safe for this. A ton of work has been done throughout all of the maps, inside and out.

If you were using a "bugged" location (hidden under a rock or such where a player shouldn't actually be able to walk) you should definitely be concerned, as I've eliminated over 120 such locations, likely all of them.

What to do?

For the time being, you can continue using hyperbags as you have been. This is just an early warning. (It's recommended to go ahead and start clearing out any bags you're not actively using.)

Keep an eye out here, I'll post an update at least a week in advance before the client update*. Once I do, you're highly recommended to clear out any hyperbags you're using. While it's almost certain it won't be a problem, should you have your bag on a no-longer-valid tile you'll likely never see it again (unless radu chooses to offer an option of course).

( *We have no date set for the update, though the time is coming very soon as most everything is ready for testing.)

Edited by Burn

Hyperbags stay until emptied, even through server restarts normally. But then you can't see a hyperbag either.

*Big Bump*

We're aiming (not set in stone, not my decision, etc.) for a client release near the end of this month. If you have any hyperbags of stuff out there, now would be a good time to "skull key" it and get that stuff to storage.

Consider this the final notice.

Do we know if any map IDs are changing?

I recall after the last server update map IDs did change and therefore whole swathes of hyperbags were no longer accessible due to this.

VERY IMPORTANT - INSTANCERS: If you're keeping bags on instance maps, get them off immediately!

You *will* lose your bags on instance maps when the client update happens.

You have about one week left to get them cleared out.

Everyone else: It's last chance, clear out your hyperbags immediately. Management will not be responsible if you can't access them on update. And there will be no way to get them back.

Last last last last call. ;-)

Any hyperbags in instance maps after the client update (which should hopefully be any day now) will be lost.

If you have a bag on a normal game map, one way to determine if your bag is safe is install the Release Candidate, go to the Test server using it, and see if you can walk on the coordinates where your bag is. The maps there are as they will be on 1.9.4 release.

(Any bags on guild maps will be okay, those have not changed.)

Otherwise, it's your risk to not empty it before the client update.

Edited by Burn

Instance

AFAIK invance (Isca) map should be thought of as any other game map in this case.

Post corrected.

Edited by Burn