Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenSolid

Why the Invance Change?

So I returned recently to game and noticed the invances have been split into 120-145 and 145-200. And here is what I have noticed.

1. The 145-200 still runs almost every day furthering the astronomical gap between those who find EL to be the end all be all of existance and the casual player.

2. The 120-145 seems to run once or twice a month. Taking away a fun and crucial activity for leveling in the higher levels.

3. 120-145 players tend to die more then 145-200 players there for lessening the rostogol usage.

So I guess my question is this... Why the change? It doesnt seem to be beneficial in a players stand point nor an owner/entrepeneurs stand point.

Frankly the games economy already blows due to having to many lazy pr0s and not enough noobs. So why continue to punish the casual player?

I second this. I remember scrambling to get to the 120+ range so that I could do invances since the 100-120 was rarely being run as most had capped out. Once I got to the 120-200, I went as often as possible and really enjoyed it. And ofc I did donate my share of bricks. It was a fun invance for me as I could hold my own against the lower level mobs and help the team as a ranger on the nasps and bosses.

Then one day, the instance was split. I think I have seen at most two 120-145's since then.

I don't begrudge the 145's for the experience they are getting, I just feel that I've been chasing the cap since 80's a/d and always falling short. And I feel that you are probably correct; this is causing a drop in rosto usage since it was us 120-200 newbs that would do a lot of the dying :P

My chat log file points to /dev/null so I can't be quoted but if I remember correctly, the 120-200 had over 40 people sometimes so they split it into two groups (I may be mistaken here but this is what I remember happened?).

Edit: The 145-200 was only ran around 9 times this month and we've often not had enough people to send a request.

Edited by hussam

If there is a team for the 120-145, do a #help_me and ask for it to run. Other teams do that and get run as well. If you dont ask, dont complain.

And yes, I have the same recollection as Cher, the 120-200 was too wide a range with huge teams and the lower levels asked for the split.

If there is a team for the 120-145, do a #help_me and ask for it to run. Other teams do that and get run as well. If you dont ask, dont complain.

And yes, I have the same recollection as Cher, the 120-200 was too wide a range with huge teams and the lower levels asked for the split.

To quote you " if we have a team to ask" I think the point of my article is that there isn't a team. There are not enough 120-145 online at the same time to make a team. And if what Hussam said is true about the 145-200 team only going about 9 times..then clearly they don't have enough people either.

Splitting them was a good idea in thought I guess? Cause I do remember some crazy 120-200 with a ton of people. But Idk i feel you need that commrodery between the 120s and the big boys.

And like I said in my first post. I don't see the change benefiting the player or creator. So perhaps changing it back or finding a new way to split it up. So that they could at least run a few times a week. Just my opinion I suppose.

Edited by FrozenSolid

There is another reason for less ppl on invances, no def exp. :icon4: on fight made me reluctant to go anymore. and i often pass them now. If there will be def exp, i would definitely start go there more again.

Well, that was a question of "abuse it, you lose it": there were a few players who did everything possible to maximise their personal experience, and couldn't be bothered to help finish the invance (and no, multi training in a remote corner of the map is not helping the invance). And I don't think seeing their actions defended by others helped a lot.

Well, that was a question of "abuse it, you lose it": there were a few players who did everything possible to maximise their personal experience, and couldn't be bothered to help finish the invance (and no, multi training in a remote corner of the map is not helping the invance). And I don't think seeing their actions defended by others helped a lot.

I think it was a dumb solution to that problem. I have a def build char aswell and I used it to tank invances and I got NOTHING out of it besides the def exp I got for tanking. People just didn't share drops (80-100) and it costed me enough potions and essences. I didn't care because I like to help people and have fun. I never abused invances for training (I tanked to kill the monsters by teamwork, if I was alone I asked for help to kill it) and I left before the exp was given out (getting no attack exp was crucial for my build). So now I get even less and the message is clear: tank builds are not wanted. No solution was offered to the people that did use their builds to freaking tank invances to help and have fun. [opinion]Banning abusers is probably far to much work, punishing people that don't abuse them is much easier. [/opinion]

Splitting up the invances in 120-145 and 145+ was/is a good idea. I remember invances being done in no time at all without any challenge because of the amount of high players. As I see it, that resulted in invances not being fun anymore and that has been dealt with :D

Yes, i know that was somewhat problem. but my view, no tinf, nor Aluwen, i have problems to keep def up, and need lot def training without weapon = no drops :(

Yes, i know that was somewhat problem. but my view, no tinf, nor Aluwen, i have problems to keep def up, and need lot def training without weapon = no drops :(

The point was that it was not allowed to train in invances, they were for killing the invaded mobs a.s.a.p., NOT training. Since people abused the invances for (def-)training, the def xp was removed. Not an elegant solution, since it also punishes the tanks that hold the mobs for other people to kill, but I guess it was a simple one.

Problem in 100-120 is mostly because there is not enough people.

Problem now in 120-145 is that poeple are to lazy, dont know that channel @@120145 exist and when someone find team to do it, comes a lot people.

+ few times it was started when on channel were ~5 players.

If u know who should u ask its possible to do 15 and more invances in month. I was doing it in 100-120, now i dont have time and desire.

I think for both ranges 100-120 and 120-145 there might be enough players. Imo the risk vs. reward is just not right. So a lot of them dont do them twice (a month).

The point was that it was not allowed to train in invances, they were for killing the invaded mobs a.s.a.p., NOT training. Since people abused the invances for (def-)training, the def xp was removed. Not an elegant solution, since it also punishes the tanks that hold the mobs for other people to kill, but I guess it was a simple one.

Correct solution in addition with def removing would be tune finishing reward att exp down (or def up, but i feel first one better, exp is high enough already) That simple change would make some ppl again eager to go there.

Edited by Littlebig

increase a little exp from 145-200 invance since we not getting many ppls : <

for like 500k each a/d...should be more interesting!

How about just roll invances back to how they were, that way we can actually have a chance of running 2-day so the ebul americans who have to work can get 1-2 a week.

and bring back the defense XP in those as well as well as instances. Pretty lame not getting def xp from fighting monsters because 2-3 people were abusing it. Just restrict those players from invance and let the rest of us have some fun. :)

Could always cut back the # of mobs. Perhaps it'd be possible to have 2 different invances for each level -- one how it is now, and another that's designed for smaller team. That way it'd be a lot easier to get a team together, especially for those who don't play in the peak hours.

Z

Best thing would be number of monsters be adjusted for number of players who give amber to NPC.

How about just roll invances back to how they were, that way we can actually have a chance of running 2-day so the ebul americans who have to work can get 1-2 a week.

and bring back the defense XP in those as well as well as instances. Pretty lame not getting def xp from fighting monsters because 2-3 people were abusing it. Just restrict those players from invance and let the rest of us have some fun. :)

And then it will abused again? No, rather tune final reward def exp up, (or att exp down.)...or just remove all fighting exp, and move it to final reward exp. problem solved.

Edited by Littlebig

Best thing would be number of monsters be adjusted for number of players who give amber to NPC.

Didn't even think about this. That's perfect! Can always get a team together, and if too many people go it will still be challenging.

Really just need to change back to 120-200 cuz now most of the Us players never see the invance and the 120-145 never runs

It really sucks when invance is ran everyday at like 12-2pm Us time so most of the players in the Us can't go..