Eternal Lands Official Forums
Orick

rosto "invasion" idea

so right now people are testing this new pay a rosto for invasion... here is my idea spin on this

C3- no storage. dieing sends you to C2 hell. there are 4 maps, a 80 cap map that works like DPa that has 2000 invaded creatures that auto re invads every 4 hours. and the same thing for 110, 150 and uncap. To get to this C3 you must pay 1 rosto to an NPC, you can go in solo other people can already be there if you die you have same drop chance if you don't have a rosto. when you first get into C3 you tele into a general large room with doors to each of the cap maps. Hellspawn will not triger here sense it costs a rost to get into but if you tele out at all you have to pay a rosto to get back in.

any ideas on this?

here is another idea... make it use invasion tokens :D those are still for sell in shop but can also be found in other invasions

Edited by Orick

For those not in channel 6, here is the conversation/explanation what this is about:

1. [radu @ 6]: who would like a private invasion, instance like?
  2. [21:34:49] [ProjectX @ 6]: me
  3. [21:34:51] [Merk @ 6]: me
  4. [21:34:53] [Myd1 @ 6]: private invasion ? hmmm
  5. [21:34:55] [radu @ 6]: I teleport you to some 'secret' place
  6. [21:35:00] [Multani @ 6]: no team for invance ? :<
  7. [21:35:06] [Myd1 @ 6]: i might like this, whats the catch ?
  8. [21:35:08] [radu @ 6]: you can't get out except by beam or ring or suicide
  9. [21:35:15] [radu @ 6]: catch is you pay me a rosto
  10. [21:35:15] [biker_Boy @ 6]: c3 radu?
  11. [21:35:28] [radu @ 6]: but I want a team
  12. [21:35:31] [biker_Boy @ 6]: dont tele me I'm just curious
  13. [21:35:32] [Multani @ 6]: me
  14. [21:35:38] [Myd1 @ 6]: than its not private
  15. [21:35:40] [radu @ 6]: each pays me a rosto
  16. [21:35:49] [Multani @ 6]: ffs
  17. [21:35:50] [radu @ 6]: well, private like a small group
  18. [21:35:50] [KrazyKiller @ 6]: cashin out
  19. [21:35:55] [biker_Boy @ 6]: ah
  20. [21:35:58] [Multani @ 6]: cya
  21. [21:36:12] [Finja @ 6]: cant restock?
  22. [21:36:14] [selena @ 6]: ppl dont go to free inva k imagine private
  23. [21:36:23] [radu @ 6]: no restock
  24. [21:36:33] [radu @ 6]: you die you get teled back, but only if you die with rosto
  25. [21:36:42] [radu @ 6]: and only one tele back
  26. [21:36:55] [biker_Boy @ 6]: so, like a limited, private instance sort of then
  27. [21:36:57] [Myd1 @ 6]: you cant make enough gc to cover death off of no restock
  28. [21:37:07] [ProjectX @ 6]: or cover initial rosto enter..
  29. [21:37:32] You started to harvest Sulfur.
  30. [21:38:15] [Myd1 @ 6]: can we pick mobs ?
  31. [21:38:16] [radu @ 6]: nvm then
  32. [21:38:39] [Myd1 @ 6]: 4500 invis rats :)
  33. [21:38:41] [HikoboshiBSD @ 6]: whats invading?
  34. [21:38:47] [biker_Boy @ 6]: You guys should Asked how high when he said to jump.
  35. [21:38:47] [Myd1 @ 6]: they drop well
  36. [21:39:07] [radu @ 6]: nothing, did some tests
  37. [21:39:16] [HikoboshiBSD @ 6]: thx
  38. [21:39:22] [biker_Boy @ 6]: tests?
  39. [21:39:23] There are 0 invaded monsters left.
  40. [21:39:32] [biker_Boy @ 6]: oh nvm
  41. [21:40:12] [Myd1 @ 6]: 4500 invis rats then i just need like 500 ts pots
  42. [21:40:19] [Myd1 @ 6]: its a go
  43. [21:40:27] You gained 30 extra harvesting exp.
  44. [21:40:35] [selena @ 6]: u need he srs too myd :P
  45. [21:40:39] [Myd1 @ 6]: lol
  46. [21:40:48] [WilliamDeWOrde @ 3]: sell 43 s2e
  47. [21:41:11] [Finja @ 6]: 4500 fcw. i would give it a shot
  48. [21:41:21] [radu @ 6]: like I said, nvm
  49. [21:41:25] [radu @ 6]: was just an idea
  50. [21:45:24] [selena @ 6]: we have free invasion and hard make team, imagine in one inva that u need pay for enter and cant restore... (=fast invasion)
  51. [22:01:53] [radu @ 6]: ok, so no one wants epic private super invasion
  52. [22:01:57] [Multani @ 6]: whos up ?
  53. [22:02:16] [biker_Boy @ 6]: ok guys, radu giving you another chance
  54. [22:02:28] [biker_Boy @ 6]: Jump jump jump
  55. [22:02:31] [abella @ 6]: I can in like 2 hrs
  56. [22:03:27] [ProjectX @ 6]: depends wht so epic/super about it
  57. [22:03:46] [radu @ 6]: private map, can't get there any other way
  58. [22:03:57] [radu @ 6]: and for 1 rosto, I will allow you to trips, to resuply
  59. [22:06:02] [radu @ 6]: I said for 1 rosto
  60. [22:06:12] [radu @ 6]: for 2 trips

Short summary:

Radu:

'private invasion' for (small) group, entry 1 rosto, that includes one additional supply run before start

If you die with rosto, you can get back in once (no fee to be paid for this)

Participants have a say in what's going to be spawned (radu has to accept, ofc)

Orick:

Constantly renewed invasions

Pay a rosto to get in, unlimited participants, predetermined monsters

If you die, you drop part of equipment and inventory as if you had no rosto, and have to pay a rosto to get back in

Flaws I see in Orick's proposal:

-cost: 1 rosto entry, and 1 rosto plus whatever you dropped after each death (so either go in with cheap stuff, or

risk losing your best equipment)

-no say in what spawns (so most likely either too strong or too weak)

- reserving 8000 (eight thousand) slots for invasion monsters permanently,

(that is about twice what is spawned in the big invasions, so with that proposal,

scrap instances, invances and normal invasions; and no, I'm not saying that those 8000 monsters will be

present all the time, just that they can all be present at the same time)

revi I think you misunderstood Orick.

if you die you have same drop chance if you don't have a rosto.

I read it like: If you die without a rosto, you have the same chance to drop as anywhere else in EL. If you do have a rosto, you don't drop at all, like usual.

Agree on your other points.

Also I think 8k invaded monsters aren't even possible. Afaik the server can only hold 4.5k mobs at once. This was recently increased from 3(?)k mobs.

Possible, I read it as

"If you die you have same drop chance as if you don't have a rosto".

But if you are correct, does that mean that dieing and coming back in would cost 2 rostos (one lost on death, one to get back in)?

And where is the RPG view. I already feel peculiar that someone "ask" what to invade...they should just happen, an irresistible force, which you cant affect any way. I feel they should come just by mighty declaration, and player decide go or not. Attacker/invader really should not ask what force to use, i feel that somewhat silly and unlogical, because it removes some fantasy aspects away. and what comes to Orick's propose, i dont like. current system is already ok, and demanding use rostos for enter would stop me going totally (other than normal inventory rosto)

What's in it for the low levels?

Not gonna go into it too much and highjack the thread but EL needs to focus more on getting something fun for lower levels and not just for higher levelled players.

If anything is to be added it should be worked out properly and set up so players in a wider span can participate perhaps as early as from level 10 A/D and add a system where it will be an occurring event either daily or weekly to keep the interest.

Don't just feed the high levelled players to keep them playing add more fun for low levelled players to get them to stay..

Edited by Entris

I was one who did the first one last night we lost a total of 14 rostos. Including enter. We were the first and very surprised . Yes I would do it again. It was fun. It was a change of pace we work as a team and died as a team

Edited by CherUT

To clarify on CherUT's remark: that was a 'special invasion' as proposed by radu,

NOT the version Orick proposes! And there are a number of important differences between the two (see above)

One difference which I didn't mention clearly:

radu's version (the one CherUT went to) is for a limited group of players by arrangement , iow you go with a team.

Orick's version is open to everyone...

revi I think you misunderstood Orick.

if you die you have same drop chance if you don't have a rosto.

I read it like: If you die without a rosto, you have the same chance to drop as anywhere else in EL. If you do have a rosto, you don't drop at all, like usual.

Agree on your other points.

Also I think 8k invaded monsters aren't even possible. Afaik the server can only hold 4.5k mobs at once. This was recently increased from 3(?)k mobs.

I ment it to be if you die without a rosto its like normal. if you die with a rost then you lose nothing

and radu has said that the serer can hold 12000 invaded monsters at 1 time. also you can have the spawn times differ

Possible, I read it as

"If you die you have same drop chance as if you don't have a rosto".

But if you are correct, does that mean that dieing and coming back in would cost 2 rostos (one lost on death, one to get back in)?

yes dieing would cost you 2 rostos rather then 1

Edited by Orick

To clarify on CherUT's remark: that was a 'special invasion' as proposed by radu,

NOT the version Orick proposes! And there are a number of important differences between the two (see above)

One difference which I didn't mention clearly:

radu's version (the one CherUT went to) is for a limited group of players by arrangement , iow you go with a team.

Orick's version is open to everyone...

so my way would allow those people who cant get on another team the chance to go... right now more people would like to do things like pr0 instances and wtf instances but cant because they cant find a team... this is something added that one person can go alone or join a team of friends to do, if someone has to leave then they can just not go back and it wont ruin the fun for the rest of the team... making it not just controled by radu makes it so it can be used when radu is on vaca or sleeping by people who usualy miss out on other invasions or events.

Not gonna go into it too much and highjack the thread but EL needs to focus more on getting something fun for lower levels and not just for higher levelled players.

If anything is to be added it should be worked out properly and set up so players in a wider span can participate perhaps as early as from level 10 A/D and add a system where it will be an occurring event either daily or weekly to keep the interest.

Don't just feed the high levelled players to keep them playing add more fun for low levelled players to get them to stay..

this is also easy to do... make a 20 cap room... there a simple fix, make it so people over 30 cant even enter the room and have it have creatures that 20s can normally fight.

this is also easy to do... make a 20 cap room... there a simple fix, make it so people over 30 cant even enter the room and have it have creatures that 20s can normally fight.

I think what Entris was hinting at was the fact that it probably wouldn't pay at all for lower players to enter such a private invasion - purely seen from a profit point of view, I mean. I.o.w. with the kind of monsters they could fight, they could never make enough booty to get back those 80k (or whatever insane value a rosto has right now) entry fee, let alone 160k, should they die once.

Again: This is only the profit based perspective, not counting in invasion fun, team-play fun, sheer luck with special drops way above average etc.

Also: Since I wasn't part of that first private invasion, i don't know how generous radu would be to lower level players with respect to the amount low-level bosses added, that would at least drop a few k gc each and still be killable by low level players... who knows, maybe there are indeed ways for the "invasion master" to tease even low level players into that private arena ;)

(Edit: typos)

Edited by Gwaew

Sorry, but even then I don't see 20-50's enter such a room, There's no way they can afford 1, let alone 2 or more, rostos for such an invasion.

And frankly, I don't really see the use of what's basically an expensive continuous invance/instance (without the restrictions ...).

If you can't get a team for those, you won't stand a chance here either.

If you can get an invance team, but there's regularly no moderator available during your playing time, then perhaps that should be discussed.

But adding another expensive (both to use and to code) feature, is, IMO, not a valid solution.

1) the invasion caps would be better 120/130 against 110, there is big xp gap than

2) you pay rosto to restock?... with those rosto prices not many ppl'll join

Edited by KoDdy

I for one could not afford the cost for something like this, and with the scarcity of rosto's I would not even consider it. Why not make it 80k-100k gold coin enter to make another money sink. @ Entris, I have been saying for a long time to make it fun for lower levels/different time zones, as these ppl are the future of EL, we need them to have fun and want to stay as they ARE the rosto buyers of the future. Some people see looking those interests as complaining, not as trying to make the game better and more enjoyable for ALL. Anything that introduces more fun is always a good thing.

@ Entris, I have been saying for a long time to make it fun for lower levels/different time zones, as these ppl are the future of EL, we need them to have fun and want to stay as they ARE the rosto buyers of the future. Some people see looking those interests as complaining, not as trying to make the game better and more enjoyable for ALL. Anything that introduces more fun is always a good thing.

Aye.

IMO it is more important to maintain and entertain New players in EL more than the old players since they are the next generation of ELers. I know several players that stopped playing because the invasions were for higher leveled players and they were usually left out or could go in and fight a few creatures and all of a sudden some higher levels is spawn and death is imminent unless they managed to flee..