Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sgik

Misleading message from Maia

I had the Maia daily for 100 rat tails. I didn't remember whether they should be in storage or inventory, so I took them with me (leaving less than 100 in storage). When I clicked on "got your stuff", she responded with something like "I asked you to bring me 100 rat tails". Instead her response should be something like "I asked you for 100 rat tails (in storage).", as "bring me" implies actually taking them to her (i.e., in inventory).

Well, many items Maia asks for can be too heavy for a newer player or simply impossible to be carried to her in one go (100 antlers),

so before making some items required on YOU and some required to have in your STORAGE, it's easier to have it coded to have all

in storage :)

it's easier to have it coded to have all in storage

I have absolutely no problem with requiring the items to be in storage (in fact, I'd prefer it in all cases except the global quest). My complaint is that the message ("bring me") is misleading. I've updated my notes so that it won't happen to me again, but it might to someone else, hence the bug report. Edited by sgik

Not a bug at all. She specifically tells you to put the items in storage, read what she says more carefully.

Sorry, I made a mistake. The "bring" thing is if I click "Need help?" again, not "Got your stuff". The first time you click "Need help?", she tells you to put the items in storage, then tells you what items she needs. If you click "Need help?" again (which I did over a month later, during which time I forgot the original message), she says "I thought you had to bring 100 rat tails?", which is the misleading message. Note "bring", not "put in storage".