Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KuRiKiMo

Night-side moderator for USA timezone

Hello everyone,

Over the past several months, I have noticed that there are little to no mods online during American night hours. Because i work during the day, i nearly always play anywhere from 8 pm PST to 12-2 am PST. During these hours (for me anyways, i know it will differ for those in other US timezones), I've ran into a couple problems that weren't solved due to lack of moderator assistance. Several times I have used the command #help_me and have received no response. I propose that there be a new moderator who has more availability during the nighttime US hours than the current American mods.

Here is evidence of a #help_me that I sent ‎Sunday, ‎August ‎17, ‎2014, ‏‎9:42:08 PM that unfortunately had no mod to go to.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/Omikiruk/elscreen550.png

The screen basically says it all, I think it would be beneficial to make this change. What does everyone else think?

-Valdr

Edit: I was told by two separate people that the blocking with those characters in AA is legal. But that makes me laugh, who doesn't see a problem with this?

Edited by KuRiKiMo

I mentioned awhile back we need a US mod, Radu said he is on late so there isnt a problem.. As far as the screen shot as long as they arent afk as I understand it there is nothing wrong with it.... Im sure they will let you past if you need.

Yeah i've noticed radu is on till around ~7 pm PST. But still there' a gap that should be filled. If i remember correctly, you were there when ezhoezareze was bypassing mutes/bans etc and spamming ch 6 with out of control and unwarranted flames. People think they can get away with things like that, and they can in some cases.

I was on for years as mod during US night time hours (starting from approx 0-1 a.m. your timezone).

Don't understand the problem here, or you mean the hours before that (your evening time)?

We have tried several times to get an invance at US night hrs, but no mods were online or always afk. Ive also noticed the same happening on Saturdays, with sometimes 4-5 hrs a team is waiting to start invance, or looking for help with other issues, etc.

Regarding flames on @6, for the most part @6 is pretty lenient and intentionally so per radu's intent of the channel. Just because something isn't handled as someone expects doesn't mean there aren't mods around.

(Side note, that ezhoezareze [sic] guy and his alts were muted then locked and banned so not sure why you are claiming that was not handled.)

Abuse of #abuse and mods not handling something as one expects again doesn't mean mods are not around.

Regarding invances, sometimes you don't get them at the drop of a hat. Nothing new for any time zone.

Anyway, we're not going to pick new mods just for the sake of picking new mods. When somebody strikes us as appropriate for the job, we'll approach them.