Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dom

We all pay the same price for Rosto's, why don't we all get equal fun?

I believe Fun > Addiction, but at the moment it goes like this.. Every level cap other than the one I've been part of has had capped this and capped that. Not ours. YES I have tanked a casty at 140's a/d and it was fun even if i finished at a loss. So why has every other level had there fun other than mine? Sick of paying $5 a pop to get no reward, no satisfaction and left feeling let down more than anything due to supporting this game over the last 10+ years out of love.

I'm Sorry For Ranting but....

edit

And if any clever.... says so why don't you train blah blah, read the questions again. Why don't we get anything for our cap? I'm out the county most of the time doing charity work for people I've never even met, so this means i have less fun in a game? LOL then ok i choose real life, I don't feel like I'm wasting time/money doing that. So anyone who's said that what have you done for the world other than greed?

Edited by dom

I believe the problem is even greater when one looks at the lower range, such as 60-80, 80-100, 100-120 ... All the 3 has problems as InVance, invances 120+ has MB as bosses with good drops, while these have disproportionate bosses that do not encourage people ... the range 80-100 for example has two giants, need to kill to get in range .. 200 ~ gc does not even come close to paying the arrows .. And invasions for the 60-80 80-100 bosses with better drops are never sent, think about sending Lambagiu for 60-80 and for 80-100s Cocalar... to encourage and give it more fun for everyone

Edited by Punisher

I think 60-80 and 80-100 invance are perfectly fine. 100-120 invance is wayyyyyyy too hard for the current player base. And btw 100-120 instance is the worst of all instances...worst drops, pretty dangerous monsters.

Pairing 140's against 170's = sitting drinking spirit pots all day and no actual fighting(fun). If i just wanted to drink SR's all day I'd train magic.. For the past 3 years the game has catered for certain people and not all. Well I'm just bored of that now, I know you can't please everyone in this world i really do, I've tried. But to continually please every other cap while being oblivious to the wants of others has surely pushed more people than myself away from this game.

And for the record I'm not pushing easy mode(dailys did that just fine) I just thought it would be fun for guys around my levels to be able to team up together and fight stuff too, because there really isn't anything in the game other than farming yati/acw for us. This is supposed to be a 'play how you want to play mmorpg' well that just isn't the case anymore. I want to play this game and I want to carry on buying rosto's from the shop, but if all that means is getting attacked by mobs 30-40 levels above myself then I'm out, cause like I said, filling mana is boring and that isnt worth the $5 risk, for me anyway.

I can't comment on the lower invances/instances ect as I've never done them, so I'm going to retire the RagZ character and make a new one to try these, maybe I'll have more fun ingame then.

I think 60-80 and 80-100 invance are perfectly fine. 100-120 invance is wayyyyyyy too hard for the current player base. And btw 100-120 instance is the worst of all instances...worst drops, pretty dangerous monsters.

80-100 no is fine.. think about use too much pka for kill a giant and get only ~200gc... the problem is about it no encourage peoples to do it.. need boss with better drops.. and the invasions for this ranges too.. 100-120 eventually have Bula, 120-140 castelan, and uncapped too.. but the lowers caps only have yeti, giant.. it is very sad for him

A simple solution to fixing invasions for lower caps would be to make it possible to use have instance bosses in invasions. This is currently not the case, only (mare) bula, muie and casty can be used in invasions. This might also be why they are not used in invances.

Are the bosses for these caps ok in drops?

As to the not quite high but too high for lower caps fun, sorry, I am suffering from that too and do not have a solution :P The game has always catered to a fighters class of players with a/d a little above mine. Being able to cap invasions hasn't solved it, since players who are allround and/or do not have dozens of hydro nexus cant compete with those who do.

Have said it many times before, will say it again, the problem is capping on a/d levels, while actual fighting ability depends on many other things. Result? If you haven't built your character entirely around combat, instance/invance/invasion caps are all wrong for you.

Z

A simple solution to fixing invasions for lower caps would be to make it possible to use have instance bosses in invasions. This is currently not the case, only (mare) bula, muie and casty can be used in invasions. This might also be why they are not used in invances.

As to the not quite high but too high for lower caps fun, sorry, I am suffering from that too and do not have a solution :P The game has always catered to a fighters class of players with a/d a little above mine. Being able to cap invasions hasn't solved it, since players who are allround and/or do not have dozens of hydro nexus cant compete with those who do.

Maxine made 2 very good points. Adding all the intance only mobs as invasion possible mobs woud add a ton on lower bosses and huge variety (meltean, scarba, dilimac, chitros, labagiu, cocoral, japita, jegos). And remember the invasion drops can be different.

The 2nd point has been brought up a lot since pp buying became possible. There haa alwaya been a huge power level difference between designayed fighters and rounders. At thw higher levels this diffwrence has continues to vecome more and more evident as more "standard" invasion mobs have become more difficult (little dragons as standard). I dont know the solution..rhese types of mobs were added to bring radu bricks and they do that...hrnce people not wanting to go to uncapped unless they areva full fighter build and hogh 160s.

There are many mobs that present real challenge to us(red dragons, bula, little blues) that i wish i could fight against in invasions or where ever without having to worry that the last # of minutes of my time aren't going to be taken off me because someone else can just come and kill it faster. In uncapped all these mobs get killed by higher a/d first because they can just farm them, and it ruins any fun for us. Honestly the same players who farmed these mobs six years ago still do the same today, but with higher stats which causes players who've just got there characters up to the level where they can start fighting these just don't get to do it.

Have said it many times before, will say it again, the problem is capping on a/d levels, while actual fighting ability depends on many other things. Result? If you haven't built your character entirely around combat, instance/invance/invasion caps are all wrong for you.

Z

Yes i agree with this, in the sense that if your going to put caps in game then put caps for all.. or none at all.. My build is actually built around fighting and all the nexus i have for other stuff is from hydro but this does not mean i can take on an icey at my levels.

I do agree with everything rabbitman has said also, those mobs he mentioned aren't in invasions because they could be farmed too easy by higher a/d no? so why do they get to farm the mobs that players my levels would have fun teaming up with to take down?

Most fun I had in invances was in 100-120 on rabbitman and 40-60 on theseus. They were challenging but that is what made them fun. Idk how many people are left in the 100-120 range but it is definitely doable with 5-6 players.

The 120-145 invance can be fun as well..you might have better luck if ypu try to go to that range.

@RagZ: I agree that the 140-160 a/d range is pretty neglected atm. Basically that range is trapped on the cusp of having a lot of fun in uncap invasion/invances, but months/years away from actually getting there. However, I dont think EL can afford to split the invance range on uncap again. Perhaps make 2 versions of 120-179 instance? One as is and one with less bosses but lower power creatures? I.e. a version with no little blues, big blues, milf, and last wave is either 1 mb or 1 bula or 2 bula? Same level caps so players could choose to go to either...but wpuld give a lower risk/lower reward option.

I Agree with u Maxi :icon13:

@RagZ: I agree that the 140-160 a/d range is pretty neglected atm. Basically that range is trapped on the cusp of having a lot of fun in uncap invasion/invances, but months/years away from actually getting there. However, I dont think EL can afford to split the invance range on uncap again. Perhaps make 2 versions of 120-179 instance? One as is and one with less bosses but lower power creatures? I.e. a version with no little blues, big blues, milf, and last wave is either 1 mb or 1 bula or 2 bula? Same level caps so players could choose to go to either...but wpuld give a lower risk/lower reward option.

The 145+ invance started out rough with the addition of little pinks. But the change (the split into 120-145 and 145+) was a good thing. It forced some group work. It is a lot better right now and people are learning to work together. I think it won't be any different than old 120+ in a few months in terms of difficulty.

Z

Zilding, you have a really nice build for combat. Add 6 or 10 more vitality then everything after that on instinct and you can pretty much flee tank anything in the future when you have the needed a/d level.

The 80-100 invance...giants are only 650 HP. they don't mirror and they don't have igitd. Just get someone with high enough HP to flee tank it with MoL and SoP (and extra mana potions)while the rest range it (shield + sword don't help here because you won't be blocking anyway). Don't try to multi melee it. It would also help if people can remote heal the tank (will and reaoning pots help).

Edited by hussam

The only way I see against farming is giving the higher ups something better to farm and making the lower levels capped (generous, so non-fighter chars can help out).

I would prefer a system where caps were based on combat level, but have to work with what we have now, so am trying to make the best of it.

I can see one big problem with using combat level for caps:

combat level isn't readily available to players (even the web pages only give approximations afaik).

But perhaps a combination of a/d and attributes for cap could work?

I can see one big problem with using combat level for caps:

combat level isn't readily available to players (even the web pages only give approximations afaik).

But perhaps a combination of a/d and attributes for cap could work?

The one used for ignore levels doesn't even need to be remotely accurate because the observed ignore levels are computed around it and not the opposite. If It says my combat level is 240 and trice just started ignoring me, then trice ignore level must be 240.

However, if invasion caps are were tailored around combat level, then yes we will need an official formula and something in the client that shows our combat level. The advantage of that system will be putting people in ranges where they are most effective.

Anyway, builds only affects big invasions. Everyone is useful in invances with proper group work.

Edited by hussam

The biggest problem I see is, EL is a game where people are meant to have fun. Well fun don't get radu bricks and that over rules fun. There are many players stuck right where ragz is and I agree 100%. Although at this time I don't play as much as I once did. I can say I would like to see everyone have fun. There needs to be a solution to this very problem sadly I don't know what it is. There's been suggestions but it takes the right person to put them to use. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see that happening. We have 140 capped invasions then we jump to uncapped. At high 160's they are tough for me. Some may say ragz or whoever can get a team and ask for invasion for that cap but in their defense I've seen 150 cap invasions and they might as well be uncapped. I wish you guys luck. Greed is a huge part of EL. It took me a very long time to see that although my sights are a little different angle. Greed is greed reguardless.

A lot of the suggestions about changing the mobs etc are very valid, but do little to encourage players in the 130-160 a/d levels to participate no matter how much you want to have more fun (I,m a typical example) The reasons I gave up trying to take part are:

My time zone (I can handle missing umpteen Tzu days(( different issue)) but lack of fun is a major problem for me.

The mobs being to difficult

The cost of rosto's too high.

I want to have fun as much as the next person, but eventually will probably end up getting bored (that's already happening) and leaving again. How to fix it? Lower the shop prices for rostogol stones to $1.00 Instead of buying and losing one I would buy 5 (or 6 or 7, or even more) and at least have fun burning one at a time and going back in for more several times, than going in once, dieing, thinking "ahhh fk it I'm out because its too expensive"

* Food for thought.. I bet radu would sell far more rostogols if people were getting some fun from it. The best selling item in game is Haidir pass, why?? because they are affordable. In my opinion rostogol stones should be a big seller too.

Edited by Starlite

Most fun I had in invances was in 100-120 on rabbitman and 40-60 on theseus. They were challenging but that is what made them fun. Idk how many people are left in the 100-120 range but it is definitely doable with 5-6 players.

The 120-145 invance can be fun as well..you might have better luck if ypu try to go to that range.

Invances are fine, they are the only group activity i go to on a regular basis even if I don't feel i'm doing much to help we're all working towards that xp at the end. But 80% of the time i miss them because i'm cooking dinner..

It's the invasions that are getting me down about the game. High level character just come in, farm the lower mobs then work on the higher ones which leaves people in my tier absolutely nothing else to do, hence my rosto becoming worthless or lost.

I just plain don't go to instances because i can kill acw/giant ingame already and there are nasps in the invance for me, the only other possible mob there is a regular bula which i would have a good time tanking, and probably still die. If there was an instance that suited my levels i'd roll it all day, and go kill RD's to do it again(another problem right here though), probably lose 10 times as many rosto's but at least i'd be having the same fun the top a/d people had when they were my levels. The game has moved with the top players and neglected the lower ones, yet we still pay the same price to play.

The only way I see against farming is giving the higher ups something better to farm and making the lower levels capped (generous, so non-fighter chars can help out).

I would prefer a system where caps were based on combat level, but have to work with what we have now, so am trying to make the best of it.

THIS, nail on the head. The higher a/d are still farming the same mobs because the new ones afaik just aren't worth it for them. If it's not worth a 140's going against a 170's then why would it work the opposite? But i guess it's the same as some people like being held back at school or something idk, broken logic to me.

As for the caps and combat level caps I'm happy either way, I could argue for and against for both.

The biggest problem I see is, EL is a game where people are meant to have fun. Well fun don't get radu bricks and that over rules fun. There are many players stuck right where ragz is and I agree 100%. Although at this time I don't play as much as I once did. I can say I would like to see everyone have fun. There needs to be a solution to this very problem sadly I don't know what it is. There's been suggestions but it takes the right person to put them to use. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see that happening. We have 140 capped invasions then we jump to uncapped. At high 160's they are tough for me. Some may say ragz or whoever can get a team and ask for invasion for that cap but in their defense I've seen 150 cap invasions and they might as well be uncapped. I wish you guys luck. Greed is a huge part of EL. It took me a very long time to see that although my sights are a little different angle. Greed is greed reguardless.

With this yeah that's all true, but it goes back to the ole carrot in a stick argument again, I would be fine doing the old invasions and old instances, but as players have got stronger, so have the mobs and now most of us have been out leveled. The only people who can tank an instance/invasion are ones with bought pp's, I'd love to spend my gc on those like they did when they were my levels, but it cost 300-350k for a nex rem back then and that was a lot, now they cost up to 2mil gc, and that just isn't feasible for someone my levels to invest in, so once again we don't get to have the same chance at fun as you guys did when you were our levels.

A lot of the suggestions about changing the mobs etc are very valid, but do little to encourage players in the 130-160 a/d levels to participate no matter how much you want to have more fun (I,m a typical example) The reasons I gave up trying to take part are:

My time zone (I can handle missing umpteen Tzu days(( different issue)) but lack of fun is a major problem for me.

The mobs being to difficult

The cost of rosto's too high.

I want to have fun as much as the next person, but eventually will probably end up getting bored (that's already happening) and leaving again. How to fix it? Lower the shop prices for rostogol stones to $1.00 Instead of buying and losing one I would buy 5 (or 6 or 7, or even more) and at least have fun burning one at a time and going back in for more several times, than going in once, dieing, thinking "ahhh fk it I'm out because its too expensive"

* Food for thought.. I bet radu would sell far more rostogols if people were getting some fun from it. The best selling item in game is Haidir pass, why?? because they are affordable. In my opinion rostogol stones should be a big seller too.

I see your point and it probably does have it's pro's, but I'm happy with the price of the rosto staying as it is aslong as there is more fun for us using them. I think lowering the cost could just hurt the game more than anything else though.

People wanting to just log on, play, and not worry about resources is a nice thing. But something has to fund the game (rostogols) and people need the gc drops to buy those rostogols and other things.

That's not something that is about to change and it doesn't need to.

So perhaps how about this: Since KF is already no drop, make it no drop for monsters as well (no drop means no farming) and occasionally run invasions there (*in additon* to the regular strong C2 invasions). Different caps with multi level monsters without a boss monster (no casty, MB...). People can go there and just have fun.

Most people will still prefer the regular invasions for the monster drops. This will simply provide a free fun addition :).

Edited by hussam

So you don't think that lowering the price of rostogols will help ? I strongly disagree. What about the lower level people who ONLY have a col or very limited armours, at the moment there is no fun in game for them as they cant afford 100k for a Col and another 70k+ for a rostogol. So many people do NOT go to invasions as they cant afford to go. There is a HUGE un-tapped market out there as the majority of the game is either in this category, or do not want to risk poofing 70k for 5 mins of fun. A very small amount of players who have millions in storage and can afford the risk, offset by their gains, are not the majority. Lowering the cost will in fact encourage going to invasions, maybe even pk'ing, make the game more fun and increase sales. Lower the cost (by increasing drops and/or lowering the costs) and fix invasions...bingo...game becomes fun.

*p.s. I do sometimes buy a rosto and haidir passes, but my rosto's (not many) sit in my storage and only get used to protect me while grinding, or IF on the very RARE occasion I manage to go on an instance or invance. I just will not risk them at my levels to go in invasion as I work to hard to get them in the first place, therefore= little or no fun. If many more get sold then game gets more funding not less. People like to have fun, more fun = use more resources = more money goes into the game.

Edited by Starlite

Rant on random shop ideas to follow. All is based on my experience and what I think would make the game better as a whole

Really imo rostogols as a primary $$ for game, while effective, is not good. It creates this atmosphere of enmity between developers and players...I.e. developers make $$ off of player misfortune.

Personally, I would prefer if rostogols were sold by an in -game npc for in-game currency. Shop sales being generated from bots, xp boosts (passes and cd reducers), premium equip (specials/thermal serp), early access new content (e.g. halberd of action and blue dragon set for sale for $$ for 1 month before mixable), sponsored invasions, cosmetics (p2p races, name change, color change, novelty equip like santa hat), convenience items (horse whistles, bones, fps, he/sr), and build rearranging stones ( attribute, perk, and nexus removals). Additionally, the shop could contain other convenience items such as the stone that gives 100 he when used (discussed on 6 at some point), EMPs, GHPs, vials, mercury, tokens, etc.

Some pricing would need to change to really make this viable, such as reduce cd reducer to approx $1.

As a side note:

I think EL would benefit a lot from all the enchanted weapons having their special damage bumped to match that of of the thermal weapon of the same type. I.e. make serpent sword of magic give +20 magic damage, serpent sword of ice give +20 cold damage. Doing this would help in a number of ways.

1. More design freedom for creatures. Developers can design bosses and invasion only mobs that are mostly immune to some types of weapons but not all. So certain weapons will be better against different creatures.

2. Can lower cost and increase break rate on the special serps. People who want the premium benefit of best damage will still buy them all for $$, however, f2p players will be more able to buy a single useful end game weapon for reasonable cost since they are cheaper.

3.In general will just add more flavor to the game. It might be worth casting heat defense or cold defense in pk based on what your opponent brings to the party. In instances/invances/invasions we will see all sorts of shiny colors.

Another note on what I said about shop selling nexus removals:

At first glance this may sound like p2w, but the reality is the EL system of pp buying is already p2w. To max attribites you buy lots of gc/ship items and set your bot to buy nexus removald for a ton more than any others and just wait. With the current system, there arent enough available to actual fill the demand for the p2w players. Yes, byselling them at the shop, there will be more players with max attributes quickly, but there will also be more available for f2p players to buy at reasonable gc rates (just because people can buy 50 nexus removals from shop doesnt mean they instantly have 50 hydro bars per to get the pp...imo they would likely buy more than 50 nexus rems and sell the extras for gc to buy hydro from the npc).

The 80-100 invance...giants are only 650 HP. they don't mirror and they don't have igitd. Just get someone with high enough HP to flee tank it with MoL and SoP (and extra mana potions)while the rest range it (shield + sword don't help here because you won't be blocking anyway). Don't try to multi melee it. It would also help if people can remote heal the tank (will and reaoning pots help).

Ok hussam, now calculate how much u spended for do it.. giants drop ~300gc, it worst then tank flee Mare bulas on 120-145 or 145+... where the expenses are paid and sometimes still have profit... i say about it... The lower ranges are not stimuli

Rant on random shop ideas to follow. All is based on my experience and what I think would make the game better as a whole

Really imo rostogols as a primary $$ for game, while effective, is not good. It creates this atmosphere of enmity between developers and players...I.e. developers make $$ off of player misfortune.

Personally, I would prefer if rostogols were sold by an in -game npc for in-game currency. Shop sales being generated from bots, xp boosts (passes and cd reducers), premium equip (specials/thermal serp), early access new content (e.g. halberd of action and blue dragon set for sale for $$ for 1 month before mixable), sponsored invasions, cosmetics (p2p races, name change, color change, novelty equip like santa hat), convenience items (horse whistles, bones, fps, he/sr), and build rearranging stones ( attribute, perk, and nexus removals). Additionally, the shop could contain other convenience items such as the stone that gives 100 he when used (discussed on 6 at some point), EMPs, GHPs, vials, mercury, tokens, etc.

Some pricing would need to change to really make this viable, such as reduce cd reducer to approx $1.

As a side note:

I think EL would benefit a lot from all the enchanted weapons having their special damage bumped to match that of of the thermal weapon of the same type. I.e. make serpent sword of magic give +20 magic damage, serpent sword of ice give +20 cold damage. Doing this would help in a number of ways.

1. More design freedom for creatures. Developers can design bosses and invasion only mobs that are mostly immune to some types of weapons but not all. So certain weapons will be better against different creatures.

2. Can lower cost and increase break rate on the special serps. People who want the premium benefit of best damage will still buy them all for $$, however, f2p players will be more able to buy a single useful end game weapon for reasonable cost since they are cheaper.

3.In general will just add more flavor to the game. It might be worth casting heat defense or cold defense in pk based on what your opponent brings to the party. In instances/invances/invasions we will see all sorts of shiny colors.

Another note on what I said about shop selling nexus removals:

At first glance this may sound like p2w, but the reality is the EL system of pp buying is already p2w. To max attribites you buy lots of gc/ship items and set your bot to buy nexus removald for a ton more than any others and just wait. With the current system, there arent enough available to actual fill the demand for the p2w players. Yes, byselling them at the shop, there will be more players with max attributes quickly, but there will also be more available for f2p players to buy at reasonable gc rates (just because people can buy 50 nexus removals from shop doesnt mean they instantly have 50 hydro bars per to get the pp...imo they would likely buy more than 50 nexus rems and sell the extras for gc to buy hydro from the npc).

i really agree with all Rabbitman :icon13:

seems very good ideas, it turn the game more funny.. developers make $$ off of player misfortune it is very sad

I hope that your ideas are heard before all stop playing ... especially since I have seen a greater number of players stopping lately

Edited by Punisher

Ok hussam, now calculate how much u spended for do it.. giants drop ~300gc, it worst then tank flee Mare bulas on 120-145 or 145+... where the expenses are paid and sometimes still have profit... i say about it... The lower ranges are not stimuli

The final invance experience reward is not worth spending PKa on two giants? How many PKa do you need to kill them anyway? 100? 200? That doesn't really cost much.

And honestly, 6 years ago when some of us were stuck in 80s a/d, we wished there was something to level up other than armed orcs, cyclops and TSing on ogres. Be happy you have dailies and invances now, even at some expense.

I definitely agree it is more fun now for the 160+ top fighters but this can easily be remedied by lower level invasions and such :-)

"Rabbitman, on 16 Sept 2014 - 9:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Really imo rostogols as a primary $$ for game, while effective, is not good. It creates this atmosphere of enmity between developers and players...I.e. developers make $$ off of player misfortune."

I would add: This has caused some players to believe that the developers are actually the reason for deaths. For example lag spikes during invance/invasions. Conspiracy theory or not, I know some players who have stopped fighting entirely or as it has been mentioned, leaving the game because of this belief.

And on the glowy swords subject: It's such a shame that they are currently about as useful as the different colors of clothes in the game. I like RM's suggestions. Please listen to him. :whistle: