Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Starlite

remove name changed player

Can some way be added to guild commands to remove a player who no longer plays but the character got named changed, when trying to remove it from the guild get a message "No such player: (name)"

Im sure other guilds have the same problem

Edited by Starlite

Yes, I think we have a similar problem with cleaning up our guild roster from players who have stopped playing a long time ago (or maybe got a name change. Quite few "Zombies" in our list of guildies.

It's been mentioned on the forums before... let me see:

Mythos, April of this year about the same "bug" (no reply so far):

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59416&p=582078

I thoguht BruSu had posted about problems concerning removal of members no longer playing from list of RoS guild members as well, but I can't find her post right now *shrugs*.

So anyway, yes other guilds do have the same or similar problems regarding management of guild members. Let's see if a fix can be found :-)

From time to time Entropy/Radu will remove old names and unleveled characters. This is the only way to get these names removed. I have not seen him do this in the 4 years since I came back to the game. That is for him to choose when.

Im not talking about deleting the player, just remove it from the guild list. We need a command to remove it or other long time offline players from the guild list.

This has been brought up lots of times and it seems to be a hard nut to crack since we don't have a solution for it yet..

It would be nice to be able to show the real amount when it comes to the number of guild members.

When Radu does his clean up of Guilds, excess members that have changed their names do get removed. It's just something that isn't done very often and he has to do it when the server is down (usually while doing an upgrade)

Im not talking about deleting the player, just remove it from the guild list. We need a command to remove it or other long time offline players from the guild list.

You can remove offline players, as long as they still exist. The only problem is with namechanged players (no longer existing.

Hrm, I wonder if there's a way way to fix the CAUSE of the problem (not the symptom):

Why not make the functionality of a name change include changing that name on any guild roster. That approach shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

Or removing a user from all buddy lists and guilds when name change is made.

it is frustrating when a buddy's character is sold and you can not get your name off their buddy list.

And PLEASE do not just delete guilds witb just 1 or 2 members.

The guildmaster paid out gold coins for guild.

This happened to me via bug and I was told I needed to recreate it paying again.