Eternal Lands Official Forums
nixxy4ever

sound effects help

I am trying to get the sounds to work on my game. I have downloaded the file from the website and put it in this folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Eternal Lands\Sound' but I cant seem to figure out how to make it start. I went into the options and set it enable sound effects but not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

oh also how do you change the sounds of things so I can have something different on both my charactera when they stop harvesting so I can tell them apart.

Thanks again

To elaborate a little bit on the previous reply:

The sound files are packed into a .ZIP file, which means you'll have to uncompress them before use (the option should be under the menu you get after a right click on the file name). Then make sure that all the files from the archive are in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eternal Lands\Sound" (and not in any subdirectory , you should end up with about 225 files, most ending on .ogg, some .xml). If it still not works, try renaming the 'Sound' subdirectory to 'sound' (with lowercase 's').

I suggest you do as follows:

0 - log out of EL (better not work on a running program...)

1 - make a backup of your EL directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eternal Lands\" (in case something goes wrong)

2 - copy the EL_sound_191.zip file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eternal Lands\" (that's right: NOT the sound directory!)

3 - uncompress the archive in the EL directory, keeping the paths intact (so you are sure to have the proper directory)

4- start EL, log in and enable sound.

ok i can hear environmental sounds but how can i hear a sound for when i stop harvesting?

Edited by nixxy4ever

how can i hear a sound for when i stop harvesting?

Edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eternal Lands\sound_warnings.txt" by adding new string "alert3 = You stopped harvesting."

Edited by kapbepucm

Hi, I've tried configuring my sound_warnings.txt to hear a warning when I stop harvesting. Somehow, it didn't work initially though.

First I thought a restart of EL client would do the trick (which is necesssary on my system for example to make fighting sounds audible after turning sound on, while many other sounds are there right away, never did find out why). It didn't change a thing though.

Text Warning Sounds Volume is set to 0.90 and my C:\Program Files (x86)\Eternal Lands\sound_warnings.txt looks like this:

# This file is configuring sounds based on text displayed in the console
#
# Format for this file:
# Sound = Text to match
#
# The default sounds available are:
# alert1, alert2, alert3, alert4
#

alert1 = You stopped harvesting.
alert2 = You stopped harvesting
alert3 = You stopped harvesting.

(did some experimenting with different alerts and parts of or full message - to no avail)

So, I started to dig a little deeper into the config files and found the following:

- I didn't find anything like alert1.ogg in \sound for example, nor anything about alerts mentioned in \sound\sound_config.xml

- found \sound\snds_client.xml (which is referenced in sounds_config.xml) and DOES HAVE amapping of the alert1 - alert4 sounds :icon13:

- finally checked out the mapped sound files until I found sheep.ogg (which should really ring a bell for the afkish Draian, when played) mapped to alert4

=> erased all previous lines and put "alert4 = You stopped harvesting." into my sound_warnings.txt and bingo! I do hear something now when Gwaew stops harvesting :happy:

Happy afking everyone :pickaxe:

I use this:

# This file is configuring sounds based on text displayed in the console
#
# Format for this file:
# Sound = Text to match
#
# The default sounds available are:
# alert1, alert2, alert3, alert4
#

alert1 = You got all the
alert2 = Your harvesting experience limit for this hour expired
alert3 = hello
alert4 = You stopped harvesting

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.