Eternal Lands Official Forums
lazyhick05

Youre too far away get closer

So just because I am the only one posting here I am the only one that thinks the same? lol

lol 18k messages, should have taken a step closer :P

Make is a perk :P make it cost like 2 PP to have more reach

Edited by TrueMen

Sheesh! Is it really that hard to take a step or two more before you attack or click to harvest?

Just click so You walk up to the creature You are about to attack and when You are about 5 tiles (iirc) away from it click it and You will attack.

Most harvestables in EL has several spots they can be harvested at so that's not an issues at all, if one of them would be packed with harvesting Alts just go to the other (although the chance of that happening is slim to none so wouldn't worry about it..).

Its not hard to walk, but it is annoying. Especially with the walking mechanics this game has. You are slower than most of the creatures and take a second to change directions. You have to depend on the creature stopping to catch up to it. Not only that having to be close to the creature and not auto walking to it adds nothing to the game, it just makes it annoying to fight (which for a lot of ppl fighting is the main part of the game for them), so it takes away some of the fun from the game. Also it can be very discouraging for new players who have a bad time chasing bunnies in Isla Prima.

Its not hard to walk, but it is annoying. Especially with the walking mechanics this game has. You are slower than most of the creatures and take a second to change directions. You have to depend on the creature stopping to catch up to it. Not only that having to be close to the creature and not auto walking to it adds nothing to the game, it just makes it annoying to fight (which for a lot of ppl fighting is the main part of the game for them), so it takes away some of the fun from the game. Also it can be very discouraging for new players who have a bad time chasing bunnies in Isla Prima.

The bolded part is wrong: you walk just as fast as the creatures, be it a rabbit or a leopard (or faster with speed hax or horse). And automatically walking to the spot where the creature was when you tried to attack it wouldn't really help with catching it faster...

The bolded part is wrong: you walk just as fast as the creatures, be it a rabbit or a leopard (or faster with speed hax or horse). And automatically walking to the spot where the creature was when you tried to attack it wouldn't really help with catching it faster...

Oh it seems like im slower xD And i dont mean walking to the spot where they were. I mean when you hit attack you go to the creature no matter where he moves. Ofc you would stop the hunt when the creature is out of ur sight, which would make perception even more important to have. Same would go for resources. If you click harvest you walk to the closest available spot to harvest the resource.

Edited by lazyhick05

Thats not a voting but +1 from me. That clicking and chasing mobs are outfashion... Entropy u're saying that it will make it "too easy", i do belive it will make it just more confortable for playing.

Ideally, too far messages would make you walk closer to the creature or harvestable. If this would make it "too easy," a small compromise would be to make it ao you dont STOP moving when it happens (ie you continue on your previous tragectory). The current system feels clunky and imo probably pretty annpying to new players.

Ideally, too far messages would make you walk closer to the creature or harvestable. If this would make it "too easy," a small compromise would be to make it ao you dont STOP moving when it happens (ie you continue on your previous tragectory). The current system feels clunky and imo probably pretty annpying to new players.

~

Yes yes yes!!! +1 The only way I found to live with it, is to click next to the creature to start walking, then click the creature to attack it. Most of the time you continue walking and engage.

+1

This sounds like a really good compromise. How would it work though. The creature/resource is at coord x,y when you click but you get the too far away message. Currently, if you were already moving, you continue on that path. If you were not moving you remain stationary. The change proposed would be to move to x,y in both case. If you were already moving, you change direction. If you were stationary, you start moving there. The only issue here is if the coord x,y is occupied, you can't walk there. We would have to find a close tile and move to that. Have I understood correctly?

That would work as well. If you have time and can log in to Other-Life the fix there is the "ideal" I mentioned. When you click a creature you move towards it. If you are close enough to start combat you do, otherwise you just move towards it. For the compromise I was thinking basically if you are too far away just make it not a move command. So if you aren't moving and you are too far you dont move. If you are moving it doesnt do anything.