Eternal Lands Official Forums
lazyhick05

Youre too far away get closer

Is there a reason that when you click the fight button on a creature, or the harvest button on a resource, etc, thats far away we get that message instead of the character automatically getting close enough or automatically hunting down the creature where ever it goes? Imo this would make the game play much more user friendly and therefor enjoyable. I was gonna suggest it but this game is like 10 years old, im sure it has been suggested many times b4 and there has to be a reason the Devs havent added it.

Yeah still waiting on this to be fixed/changed :/

Oh so they are doing something about this? Thats awesome.

I didn't say that :P I'm just waiting hoping it's changed

Yeah, You are too far away to either Attack the creature or too far away from the resources You wish to harvest...

The "autowalktocreatureandattack" issue has been up several times and since it is still not implemented My guess would be that it is an intended feature of the game.

Perhaps its a bit of a realistic feature in the game - You can't harvest things unless You are close to it and You can't attack something without being in front of it :P

It could be changed, but I don't want to, makes things too easy.

Meh its just irritating to fight the way it is now. When fighting, having to walk close to the creature doesnt add anything to the experience, just takes away from it. As for harvesting, its not that big of a deal, but if this game ever saw a raise in popularity or people start harvesting with lots of alts with the repeal of rule 5 then it may become difficult to get to popular resource spots. But thats just my two cents, im a manu mostly atm so it doesnt really effect me all that much.

Edited by lazyhick05

i like the suggestion. seeing nonstop the msg 'u are to far away getting closer' doesn't make the game more amazing. If u see that 100 times on chims its getting annoying.

We are limited by our range of vision (by what we can click on) so it's not like we can click on something on the other side of the map and then the range doesn't need to be a static.

If my character simply walks or attempts to walk to the destination if he is already engaged in combat, that itself would add something new. The destination monster may or may not have moved by then so I don't think it will make chasing too easy, but a bit more dynamic.

Another thing is if we allow mages to cast spells from distance, we add a non-pk offensive role for mages. A mage can cast more than one spell on a creature by the time it reaches him or her. You can restrict this to not make it overpowered by:

1) only allow mages to cast spells outside the current distance limit if they are not already engaged in combat.

2) Add a spell success penalty for offensive spells if they are cast outside the current distance limit. The further away the monster is from the current limit, the less chance the spell will succeed.

This suggestion is just for combat and not harvesting.

Edited by hussam

:doze: All the other games( and i am reffering at all the other games cos i played or Play enough ) have it implememnted and much better done it. I dont think it makes the game "easier" , it will make the game more funny to Play and not spending 10min chqasing some bloody mob around a huge map :stare:

Sheesh! Is it really that hard to take a step or two more before you attack or click to harvest?

Just click so You walk up to the creature You are about to attack and when You are about 5 tiles (iirc) away from it click it and You will attack.

Most harvestables in EL has several spots they can be harvested at so that's not an issues at all, if one of them would be packed with harvesting Alts just go to the other (although the chance of that happening is slim to none so wouldn't worry about it..).

Oh I have done My fair share of killing in EL the past ~10 years and I have never been "spammed" by that message so much as it has become an issue for me, sure I can get an occasional message when chasing wood sprites for Haidir but not other wise.

Seems more to me that there is a lot of impatient ppl (or perhaps they don't have the knowledge when it comes to How to attack creatures in EL) to be able to get spammed so much with that message while attacking creatures..

I agree, make the distance to mele shorter, PLEASE :)

It is bad enough to get the too far away message, but when it happens when you are CLEARLY CLOSE ENOUGH but the distance of the tiles deem you too far away......aaarrggghhh! annoying, then spend another bit of time chasing the damn thing.

I also remember being atkd by MiLF in WTF instance recently, that mob was a lot further away than I would even attempt to atk but yet IT was able to engage me, do special mobs have a different rule?

If the mele distance cannot/will not be changed then at least let the char move to the tile where the mob was, I don't understand why you don't walk to the tile anyway.

But PLEASE lets have the mele distance shorter, it will not make it easier, it will make it more obvious that a mob SHOULD be atkd at a further distance.

Thank you :)

Oh I have done My fair share of killing in EL the past ~10 years and I have never been "spammed" by that message so much as it has become an issue for me, sure I can get an occasional message when chasing wood sprites for Haidir but not other wise.

Seems more to me that there is a lot of impatient ppl (or perhaps they don't have the knowledge when it comes to How to attack creatures in EL) to be able to get spammed so much with that message while attacking creatures..

I took a month break from EL (and online games in general) at the end of last year. When I came back, I went to kill some yetis and I immediately found it weird that I had to be very close to click on yetis even though I could see them and I was not far.

And I am someone who killed an ungodly number of each creature up to trice even before dailies came in so I should be used to it by now :)

maybe u need to reach atleast the 160's Entris...

Oh excuse Me! I had No idea there was a level restriction for this problem..

Radu You better fix this ASAP, I mean those poor bastards that get their levels above 160 shouldn't have it so damn hard while playing EL..

Perhaps getting some more thought about Your comments would be a better idea before You post something so stupid.

@Hussam - I haven't really trained on yetis but when ever I have tried to attack a yeti I have never failed, and only because You are able to see the creature it doesn't mean that You are able to attack them. Obviously You were too far away from it since You got he message.

u have a 'few' mio xp less i would say but big gz on ur great clicking skills!!!!

Tyvm, at least I have learned something during the time I have been playing 160+ or not..