Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Change Anti-Social to a Bonus level perk

Simplest solution is to give all characters including new characters 10 pick points and devalue anti to what it should be - 5 or maybe only 3 pick points. No one has to earn back pick points when anti semi-negative perk is valued correctly. Lots of stones on market if players want to remove anti perk.

My idea is similar to Saxum's one. Give all non-anti players 10 PP, give new players 10 extra PP, then just remove the anti perk from everyone who has it. That brings everyone to the same level. As far as I can see, noone loses anything.

An additional idea - for new players, maybe spread the 10 free PP over (for example) 50 OA levels, 2 PP every 10 OA, that way they'll have learned what to best spend the points on by the time they get them. Early mistakes can be costly in removal stones, best to not compound that problem.

In the interest of full disclosure and conflict of interest, I must mention that I don't have anti or an alt yet, and would love 10 free PP :)

My idea is similar to Saxum's one. Give all non-anti players 10 PP, give new players 10 extra PP, then just remove the anti perk from everyone who has it. That brings everyone to the same level. As far as I can see, noone loses anything.

I'm all for that idea too :) And the 10 pickpoints will need to be rewarded again on reset.

I'm all for that idea too :) And the 10 pickpoints will need to be rewarded again on reset.

Nice idea. :icon13:

An additional idea - for new players, maybe spread the 10 free PP over (for example) 50 OA levels, 2 PP every 10 OA, that way they'll have learned what to best spend the points on by the time they get them. Early mistakes can be costly in removal stones, best to not compound that problem.

In the interest of full disclosure and conflict of interest, I must mention that I don't have anti or an alt yet, and would love 10 free PP :)

I personally agree with this. Antisocial has always been free PP. If you add more consequences to the perk, it will be a detriment to the game.

Option 1

OA 20 - 2 bonus PP

OA 30 - 2 Bonus PP

OA 40 - 2 Bonus PP

OA 50 - 1 Bonus PP

OA 60 - 1 Bonus PP

OA 70 - 1 Bonus PP

OA 80 - 1 Bonus PP

I think this will encourage more players to level their characters. There are also other alternatives that I also see worthy of this. The EXP ratio has built in XP breaks. (You can refer to this: http://www.el-cel.com/info/experience.php )

Skip OA 10 because of the fact players start at level 9. The fact that they gain extra PP after their first OA level is achieved might be misleading

Option 2

OA 20 - 2 Bonus PP

OA 30 - 2 Bonus PP

OA 40 - 2 Bonus PP

OA 90 - 4 Bonus PP

I personally would push Option 2. This will make the final goal give a large reward.

Really tho, if you think about it, all negative perks are not going to affect everyone the same.. For example:

On pk server where multi has always been legal, I had a mixer char that had every single negative perk, with fairly low OA.

Reason for this: he never left storage, so I had my 4 harvester alts bring him stuff to mix, and he mixed. The "negative" perks had 0 impact on him

However, if I took every single negative perk on say, my fighter, then I would have issues, because certain perks would affect my game play.

Examine HoS, on my fighters, which I never mix/harvest on, HoS is 5 FREEE pp, and the 60kgc to get the perk I gladly pay, because the pp are worth it to me..

Examine the One perk, for a harvester which only harvest flowers in VotD, or a mixer that sits in NC all day, that perk has little to no affect, because rarely does anyone bomb there, and even if it does get bombed, it looses 1 load of flowers at most.

Examine HS, sure a perk that has some more annoying side affects, but counter that with the UW perk and Heaven Meds and rings, you can get around it very easily

What I'm saying is, all negative perks affect people differently. The anti-social perk has long since been free pp ever since the bots invaded MM and NC, allowing antisocial players to buy anything they need, even if at a slightly higher price, it was worth it for the pp.

Edited by Patriot

Rename the perk to "level bonus" or some such name.

Remove the NPC anti-social part.

Set a minimum OA level at which you can take it.

Leave the cost the same as it is now.

Like most perks, it is removed on #reset.

Finally, simply ignore any current players who have Anti without the required OA. Consider it a small side-effect of a staged implementation. It's just not worth the effort to patch those characters to make them comply. If they're #reset they'll be fixed.

Make anti-social neg so you cant open the trade window.

All transactions would have to be dropped into bags on the floor, lots of possibilities for drama.

Hehe actually sounds like a horrible perk that way.

Not so free PP then.

Might have been a good idea when multi got allowed. Now, not so sure: a lot of chars are going to be caught in a situation they do not want, with no real way to get out of it.

The way to implement it would be to create a new perk and make antisocial unobtainable (but those that have it, keep it, and removal still works).

Might have been a good idea when multi got allowed. Now, not so sure: a lot of chars are going to be caught in a situation they do not want, with no real way to get out of it.

The way to implement it would be to create a new perk and make antisocial unobtainable (but those that have it, keep it, and removal still works).

In that case the new perk should not be available to people who already have the old antisocial one, otherwise it would mean even more free pp :P

Remove all the neg perks completly from game

Any one who has a neg perks gets soft reset of pp to allow removal of perk(s)

Edited by starscreamer

Most negative perks give a clear disadvantage for certain play styles, in exchange for pick points. No reason to remove them.

But if you want to go that way, why not remove all perks (involving PP) from the game? After all, for quite a few of the positive perks there are capes that give the same advantage.

Now that 80% of EL has antisocial, you want to change it? If anti was to be changed, it should have happened 2 years ago when rule 5 was removed. Now is far too late for this. We have enough bleeding away of players as it is and any changes to antisocial at this point would just push more players away. Let's just put this topic to rest and move on to something else.

In that case the new perk should not be available to people who already have the old antisocial one, otherwise it would mean even more free pp :P

Oh, but that's an implementation detail :P (and possible, some perks already are mutually exclusive).