Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

Rule #5, multiplaying

How will this affect the Bot rules?

Can my Alts go to the bots I own and do what ever they like now or are the bots still bound to the Main character and will Alts be able to withdraw/add items from/to the bots?

What you refer to is multi with a middleman. That's gone as part of rule 5. Don't see how it could matter so long as the bot rules are followed (twice a week to storage and such).

There is, however, the higher possibility of trade bots being used more as a near-to-harv storage and such. Ais or Radu may have to speak up on that, as I think it violates Bot Rule 5, "Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying)" and not sure how this rule change affects that.

@Burn Yeah, I figured that the muling rule would stay intact and the rest pretty much be gone but wanted to be safe and not assume anything before I or any other bot owner starts using the bot/s with their alts.

@Aisy Tyvm, will wait patiently for the outcome of the discussion. :)

Every indication I have heard is that it will stay the same. This doesn't mean that tomorrow Radu won't change his mind.... ;)

IMHO, Antisocial perk without rule 5 is effectively giving out free pick-points.

However, it does take money out of the game, so I guess that is a good reason for it to remain, especially as almost everyone will now take the perk. Therefore, I would suggest that the cost of anti should now be increased! :devlish:

not everyone will take that perk - I would like to see something that would lead to not take it: perhaps a kind of daily that only "social players" can make?

Anti is indeed a free PP perk, 15kgc is very easy to get and raising the GC is not an answer IMO (how much is 10 PPs worth?).

Before you could ask a friend to do some shopping for ya but now you can just create an alt that does that instead so don't even need to bother other players with it which makes this perk even more free PPs.

Changing the Perk might be the answer but it needs to be something that "hurts" like No Dailies for those with the Anti perk so the 10 PPs are really a big decision and not just a 15k payment for 10 PPs.

Problem is those that already have it, how will it affect them or will it affect them at all?

A/D trainers rather stand and grind at a spawn than taking the time to do the dailies and won't care less if the perk was changed..

Another alternative would be to make those with the perk to use up more items when casting magic (more mana and/or more essences) or get less out of potions (not healing as much as usual when drinking BR/MH pots, reduced amount of mana from the SRs/Mana pots and so on).

Hey They are Anti and need to put more effort in to do things :P

Removing it would be another answer, the point of the Perk is lost now that the rule is gone, but that might be a hard to remove from the chars that have it in EL.

I have NOT taken the anti perk and do not intend to for many months. My alts don't have full emu yet and won't for ages and I do a lot of hauling sometimes.

Also Zoot is not yet a full mule and only slowly goes towards that goal when I have something to haul. I am not sure I will be paying for an alt to do full mule.

To be honest, I like the idea of disallowing dailies/questing if you are anti. It makes a real and tangibl difference in gameplay that will force people to decide if it is worth it.

I have NOT taken the anti perk and do not intend to for many months. My alts don't have full emu yet and won't for ages and I do a lot of hauling sometimes.

Also Zoot is not yet a full mule and only slowly goes towards that goal when I have something to haul. I am not sure I will be paying for an alt to do full mule.

Same situation here. It is very very unlikely that I will take antisocial on Hussam char anytime this year, if ever, eventhough I get no more natural pickpoints.

I would rather keep my char clear of negative perks.

Maybe just rename the perk, disable its effect, and award it automatically to all chars that don't have it the first time they use the boat on IP docks and then again if they reset? A benefit of this is mitigating the limitation we have of 179 overall. I understand coding that is a lot of work but as mentioned before, times have changed.

Edited by hussam

To be honest, I like the idea of disallowing dailies/questing if you are anti. It makes a real and tangibl difference in gameplay that will force people to decide if it is worth it.

I like this idea. That said, I don't have the perk, and would never get it anyway. But it should have some consequence.

That wouldn't work. Most high level fighters are antisocial. If they can't do dailies, shop won't sell Haidir passes.

Really tho, most of the people who "need" the pp, already had the perk, and with guildies and bots etc, getting npc only items wasnt that big of a deal..sure yeah, you might have paid a bit more for those items..I would say just leave it how it is, its not that big of a deal

I don't have the perk either and I did a #reset just to get rid of the negative perks I had and decided not to get any of those perks again, I just think that the Anti perk is too easy gain of PPs to leave it as it is. 10 PPs are a big step forward when it comes to gaining EMU/Health/Mana/EXP/Nexus and that for a measly amount of 15kgc..

Changing the negative effects of the perk would be the best solution, sure those that already have it won't care much about it unless they are inclined to do the dailies then we have a problem.

Solving that is another issue, should they get the perk removed together with 10 OA lvls (and perhaps some attributes or nexus so they won't get a 10+ PP to spend when levelling) during a set period of time? If that is even possible?

Setting it up so those that have the anti perk can't do dailies (perhaps even regular quests ;) ) or lower the amount of PPs they get for taking the perk (and remove the amount of PPs from those that already have the perk in a way that they won't benefit in any + PPs ofc) is another way.

Setting it up so those that have the anti perk can't do dailies (perhaps even regular quests ;) ) or lower the amount of PPs they get for taking the perk (and remove the amount of PPs from those that already have the perk in a way that they won't benefit in any + PPs ofc) is another way.

People already got 10 pickpoints for it and it's not easy to strip those 10 pickpoints. Reducing it from 10 to something less won't be fair for people who might take the perk in the future. If that should happen, there should probably be a one month warning in advance so people have time to take antisocial perk.

There are still certain difficulties for taking antisocial perk. You need an alt with full EMU and full mule level.

I think you misunderstood something, I want to make it fair for "everyone" present and future Antis with my suggestions that's why I suggested to remove OA lvls and PPs for those that Have the perk already (OA levels so they can get the PPs back and PPs from Attributes/Nexus to get the 10 PPs back for removing the Perk) so it will be fair for those that gets the perk in the future.

It all comes down to If there will be a change to the Anti perk or Not.

If the change will be made so that the perk will give Less PPs those that Have the Perk should "pay" back the difference to the Wraith.

That means that Radu could (if possible) remove lets say 5 Attributes/Nexus from those that Have the perk already and at the same time remove 5 OA levels so those that got the attributes/nexus removed can get those back (the hard way) by gaining EXP.

If the change will be that (as I suggested and would prefer) those that have/take the Anti perk won't be able to do the dailies/(regular quests) those that Have it now and likes to do the Dailies/quests should be able to get the Anti perk removed together with 10 OA lvls and attributes/nexus so they will be able to do the dailies when the change is done and those that wants it later on can take it after they think about the consequences.

As Brusu said it is very easy to get a high levelled Alt to use as a mule, its not that hard to level a Mule either, just log on and let it morph and stand at sto with the inv full of CFs and you will have it at full level in a few days and there are several quests out there that doesn't cost you anything to do just time (You have to do the base quests first for most of them though) and they are not hard to do and don't take much time either.

Making people with anti not able to do dailies is laughable. Like I said before, lots of the people who did the dailies before rule removal already had the perk, and the due to the insane amount of bots and willingness of other players, anti never had a very tremendous impact as a negative perk. It has always been one of the "better" negs to take, especially compared to HS/godless/one/gelly which have very annoying side affects.

If you strip 10 from everyone who has anti that would cause a lot of problems, and there are people like myself with very high OA or capped OA, where would those pp come from??

I just dont think this needs to be a big issue, because many people had the perk already, and it affects everyone evenly. Its not like making anti slightly easier to have now, with rule 5 removed, only targets the fighters..its and equal opportunity for everyone..so leave it be..

*edit: ok Entris posted while I was typing..the idea of removing overall levels is absolutely nuts...You have someone with OA 179+anti, and you put their OA back to 169?? I mean really, so all that hard work to get the hardest 10 levels in-game gone just like that??

How about radu just give everyone with anti 10 nex removals and a pile of hydro bars with and anitsocial removal stone..you know while were coming up with insane ideas and all.. :bangwall:

Edited by Patriot

In Your own words You are saying that the Anti perk is a Positive perk and not a Negative perk as it was intended as?

That means that it should have been fixed a long time ago to make it fit the "negative" part.

The HS/Godless/one/gelly perks are a pain in the ass and IMO the Anti should be up there with those and be a pain in the ass too.

As I said, Remove 10 OA levels at the same time as the 10 Attributes or Nexuses are removed and those that have the Anti perk would get the PPs back by levelling OA levels again.

If you have OA 110 with the perk You would have OA 100 without the Perk and at the same time 10 less Attributes/Nexus so You will be able to level up the OA again and place those PPs into the Attribute/nexus that was removed.

If it is broke Fix it and this perk is broke IMO - it has Always been refereed to as a "Free" PP perk because it was so easy to get around the "negative" part of it, now it is even easier..so change it..

Edit: Yeah that was one idea, Could be done in other ways too probably but that was just the one I thought of atm.

Anti Gives you 10 PPs so removing 10 Attributes would negate those PPs - the removal of 10 OA levels was to give those that had the attributes removed a chance to get those back the hard way, it was easy to get the perk and not work for the PPs.

Your way might work for those that have reached the cap, Radu might have a better way to do it on too who knows.

I am not the only one that thinks that this perk needs to be changed/removed specially now that the multi rule is gone.

Do You even Do the dailies and would remove the perk just to be able to do them if it was changed that way?

Edited by Entris

Moved the discussion of changing the anti perk to a different (bonus) perk to a new thread in "Suggestions"

Holy... I cant believe rule 5 is actually gone. My cousin and I had our characters banned years and years ago bc we were trading on the same IP and they thought we were illegal multiplaying. Ever since then we have been scared to do anything together while in the same house.

Srry for double post but i would like to ask this question. Usually i would have my cousin bag sit for me while i harvest stuff. Can i now use an alt to do this for me so i dont have to depend on him (he doesnt have internet at his dads house which is ironic bc of us two I use to be the one without internet xD). Keep in mind my alt isnt muleing or harvesting for me. He is simply sitting on the bag for me while my main is gone. He may occasional take an ore out and bak in to keep the bag from disappearing.

Edit: Read through the rules again

28. Do Not Cheat.

Cheating in the game means using outdated or illegal clients, outdated or illegal unofficial map(.elm) files that have been altered from the official versions, unregistered and/or unapproved bots, macroing, automating, scripting, exploiting bugs, or any form of illegal multi-playing. Any attempts to seek loopholes or manipulate information to get around these rules is grounds for banning. Anyone knowingly aiding cheaters will also be locked and/or banned.

Edited by lazyhick05