Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

Rule #5, multiplaying

Could we get an official statement, that rule #5, multiplaying, is finally gone?

To be honest, not everyone reads the post about in game rules, and if they might have changed, everyday..

Piper

This is an official statement. Rule #5 is gone.

Now I'll go see if I can pull radu off of his invasion afk-ness and make this double extra super duper pr0 official for you. ;)

After travelling through the Eternal Lands for more than 10 years, i have finally reached my destiny.

Rule #5 is gone!

Shuts off and finally dies at once.

Finally \o/

Piper

Any reason as of Why it was removed?

There have been polls concerning this rule and the outcome have always been the same and now it was removed without a word.

I am for the rule but won't die because it is removed (like Piper :P ) I really don't care much about that rule, but I am curious about the reason for its removal and if there will be a remake of that rule.

Radu wanted to revamp his 'Entropy' char and wanted to make sure Aisy is not banning him if his trades radu's sto to Ent.

Edited by Mythos

Radu wanted to revamp his 'Entropy' char and wanted to make sure Aisy is not banning him if his trades radu's sto to Ent.

And he knows I would have, too. I play no favorites. ;)

There have been polls concerning this rule and the outcome have always been the same and now it was removed without a word.

I am for the rule but won't die because it is removed (like Piper :P ) I really don't care much about that rule, but I am curious about the reason for its removal and if there will be a remake of that rule.

I will speak to my reasons for wanting it removed here.

First though, it wasn't "without a word", as you have pointed out, it has come up multiple times and as with just about every poll in forums, nothing happens by the time everyone is done having their "say", as nothing ever will please all of the people. Polls are good for ideas but not good for actually using it to make the final decision. The issue has been discussed for years and years.

My personal thoughts on it:

Due to various other factors, the rule could not be equally and fairly enforced. There were multiple ways to circumvent it, many out of our control, all out of my control. We knew it was happening, but my hands were tied. It happened more than most people are aware of. Since these factors most likely will never go away, the rule is unfair and I am not happy enforcing it selectively only on those who don't use these not-illegal methods. Also, a small part of my decision removes the hassle (albeit sometimes funny) of figuring out whether we're dealing with true brothers or ficii. Obviously it will be less work, but it's not about that, but wanting everyone to to play on the same level playing field.

So we will watch to see how it plays out. Some things may be tweaked, but the rule is gone. We're not going to say "Nevermind" in a month after you all messed up your pickpoints so don't go worrying about that. If radu wants to speak his thoughts here, he will, although he said a lot of them in @6 already.

Those of us who don't usually listen to @6 would be interested in hearing Radu's thoughts about the change. If he doesn't have time, maybe someone could paste a chat log.

Thanks.

This board really hates IE! lol no quoting possible..

Well I do have to say that it was "without any word" there are no posts about the removal anywhere and going by the polls the outcomes of those were always to keep the rule not to remove it.

Sure, nothing happens right away that's understandable but removing the rule but at the same time there were no indications that would lead us to believe that the rule would be removed any where.

I am not active on Channel 6 so I have no idea what has been said there and it is not the best place to inform the players of EL important changes since it will only reach a very few.

I am Not criticizing the Removal of Rule #5, I don't really care about that but I do think that there should have been more information about the change.

Radu is Teh God and if He choses to remove the rule there is not much to do about it but it would have been nice to post a reason for it even if it would be "I removed it because I don't want it" reason.

Finally that nonsense rule is gone. before you could just sell gc on an alt and buy gc for your main x,x

if only it was removed sooner..

This board really hates IE!

You should really hate IE, too.

There is someone who doesn't hate IE?

Sure.

Billy Boy himself.

Piper

1. Can I use an alt's storage to store some of my main character's stuff? (My main char is currently using 299 out of 300 slots in sto (was all 300 until I got rid of something), and it's preventing me from making new stuff.)

2. Can my main char give stuff (e.g., an MM cloak, extra books, weapons, etc.) to an alt to use?

It looks like I can do these things now that rule 5 is gone, but before I do, I want to make absolutely sure it's legal.

1. Can I use an alt's storage to store some of my main character's stuff? (My main char is currently using 299 out of 300 slots in sto (was all 300 until I got rid of something), and it's preventing me from making new stuff.)

2. Can my main char give stuff (e.g., an MM cloak, extra books, weapons, etc.) to an alt to use?

It looks like I can do these things now that rule 5 is gone, but before I do, I want to make absolutely sure it's legal.

Merged your new thread with this one so information is in one place, not scattered willy nilly all over forums.

1. Yes

2. Yes

I wanted rule 5 removed for pretty much the same reasons Aislinn mentioned. It was a pain to enforce, and there were ways around it. Investigating all that shit and proving it was too much of a waste of time for us. Besides, it's not like the game will end without that rule, most MMOs don't have such a rule and they are doing even better than us.

Tyvm for the answer Radu, much appreciated.

@ Aisy - Yeah I hate IE too but its the one I use the most and have my favourites on in a way that I want them to be which is not possible with Chrome or FF..

Guessing that the IE support is gone for this forum I have tried to log on here with Chrome but old habits die hard :P

Does this mean I can

1. PVP 1 char vs another with 2 clients open

2. have 2 chars go on the same instance

3. kill monsters together on 2 chars

4. PK together

or is this regarding trades only?

This sounds to good to be true :) I might lose another girlfriend over EL again now LOL

Edited by LuciferX

Does this mean I can

1. PVP 1 char vs another with 2 clients open

2. have 2 chars go on the same instance

3. kill monsters together on 2 chars

4. PK together

or is this regarding trades only?

This sounds to good to be true :) I might lose another girlfriend over EL again now LOL

All questions I was debating on posting as well. Would love to see the answers on this.

Edited by Infect

Rule 5 wasn't just about trading, it covered all interactions between alts. It is gone entirely, so I don't see why any of these things would not be permissable now.

Z

So, we can create vast armies of minions to harvest any resource and neg-perked lunkhead minions to mule the buckets of raw materials to our chained down alchemists and manufacturers?

Then market goods through trade bots and watch the economy dissolve with cheap goods ... <-- Capitalist/Fascist Model

Then feed the high end goods to a couple uber goons who now self supply their bashing sticks and armour... <-- Feudalism Model

At least it will be interesting to see how many fools get caught automating their minions and get booted.

=============

Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But, at least there is symmetry.

No, that was not Zathras, that was Zathras. There are 10 of us, all of family Zathras, each one named Zathras. Slight differences in how you pronounce. Zathraas, Zathras, Zathras.. You are seeing now?

Edited by Ikaris

Hmm. I haven't played actively in a while, however...

PKing two or more of one's own characters against one another with one winning and the other(s) losing constitutes what is known as win-trading. In any MMOG (of those I have played) which provides rewards for PvP kills, wintrading is illegal and bannable. However, helping your own alts with items or gold, or helping them level through difficult quests and zones by multiboxing, that is not illegal.

Let's see which way the administration finds suitable for EL.