Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sgik

No C2 Invasions on No-drops Day Start

Please don't start C2 invasions at the beginning of No-drops day. Some of us want to make Hydro runs, and No-drops day is rare enough already. Wait an hour or so. That should be enough time for people to use up any S2Es they have lying around.

(I was able to make just one run last night, and when I TPRed I was immediately killed by little dragons in the C2 PR. By the end of the day, there were still over 800 invaders left.)

IMO invasions during No-drops day aren't very useful anyway. No prizes.

Edited by sgik

Ahh cupcake

Its all about you.

I can't be the only player with a couple hundred S2Es in sto who has been waiting for (it seems like) months for a No-drop day so I can safely harvest hydro. So, no, it's not just about me. And the fact that there were over 800 monsters left after 6 hours (that were dispatched fairly rapidly once the day was over) tends to support my claim that invasions during No-drops days are less useful. (There may be some players who do it just for the XP, and others who may want to "test the waters" do see how they do against invasion monsters, but a Bethel invasion, which Radu had initially announced before he changed his mind and did the C2 portals invasion instead, would probably have satisfied those people.)

P.S. Besides being immature, name-calling is inappropriate behavior on this forum. (Forum Rule 4.) Please grow up.

It has its benefits, sometimes its nice to go out and fight hard without caring about dying as much. On the other hand, not getting drops to make up for resources used got expensive. Either way, still fun.

We were also offering to clear maps, so that could have been announced, and we would have cleared hydro path...

Or do what i do, go on hydro run whenever you have time, on normal days its only newhope's thread of attacking people that keeps the run dangerous.

That said i am in general not a fan of Portal Invasions, as it forces people to either fight or avoid 1 continent. But its better then a 2 portal room invasion that we had in the past if i remember right.

Edited by vinoveritas

My advice, use invisibility to pass monsters (if they are not ACWs that is).

I was totally unaware that invisibility works against invasion monsters. Thanks for the tip. Next time ...

You can go on a hydro run any time of the week no matter what #day it is (even regular) but how often can you go crazy and jump in way over your league with the best gear you have in an invasion?

No Drop invasion are a great way to test your abilities and see what you can handle with your best gear (or even the crappiest gear) equipped but hydro harvesting can be done at any time and not restricted to just one #day.

Ahh cupcake

Its all about you.

I can't be the only player with a couple hundred S2Es in sto who has been waiting for (it seems like) months for a No-drop day so I can safely harvest hydro. So, no, it's not just about me. And the fact that there were over 800 monsters left after 6 hours (that were dispatched fairly rapidly once the day was over) tends to support my claim that invasions during No-drops days are less useful. (There may be some players who do it just for the XP, and others who may want to "test the waters" do see how they do against invasion monsters, but a Bethel invasion, which Radu had initially announced before he changed his mind and did the C2 portals invasion instead, would probably have satisfied those people.)

P.S. Besides being immature, name-calling is inappropriate behavior on this forum. (Forum Rule 4.) Please grow up.

I will be immature as much as I like buttercup, when you start a thread like this.

A mature player would not wait for NDD to harvest hydro out of fear of losing a rosto when they have many GC worth of S2E Swords. A Mature player would not complain when moderators use their time to run an invasion.

Got that Muppet Cheeks?

Wiz

Well, I think that's enough for the "name calling" perhaps? We'd hate to have someone interfere in this cosy conversation :rolleyes: .

But otherwise, I have to agree, no need to wait for NDD to harvest Hydro. Personally, I never lost anything on hydro runs, except the odd pick breaking, or a ring due to a fast bail-out... But then, I harvested only a few 1000 hydro in total.

also, why are people still expecting to 'safely' harvest hydro? It's not supposed to be safe, you get more than enough days in the year to do it relatively undisturbed, I don't see why you're QQing about this.

As far as an invasion happening in ii, the mobs will most likely be at portal spot (unless hidden). Simple solution, go the other way.