Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

Sortable Storage

am wondering if it would be possible to make a storage sortable in the way that you can in one category make per drag and drop an item order, that will be saved and used by the client, when storage is opened

Yeah. it would be great if you could organize the items in the categories so the favourite items would be in the first slots instead of spread out all over or all the way back so you would have to scroll to get to it.

I'd love to sort all the tit armor parts after each other and then the steel and so on, nice and sorted.

Would also add a possibility to organize the Categories too if it can be done.

Click and Drag so that Armors would be right After Food and Weapons right after that and so on so those categories you are using more often would be at the top (if that's what you want) and easier to access.

Storage is not actually in Categories. The categories are actually part of the item definition, which is why some items appear in more then one category. This means that a lot of changes would be needed in order for a player to organize storage's differently.

If you use the List feature to organize the items you need to mix (or use for invance), then it doesn't matter in which category they are.

If you use the List feature to organize the items you need to mix (or use for invance), then it doesn't matter in which category they are.

~~~

+1 on this. The item list is great.. I have one for many things I mix. I have one for fighting, one for instances. Many different lists.

Am using item list for many many things. like mixing like preparing for invances instances invasions. but there are so many times that you do something that you did not think about putting in a list before.

Here a sorted storage that works like the itemlist would be great.

Storage is not actually in Categories. The categories are actually part of the item definition, which is why some items appear in more then one category. This means that a lot of changes would be needed in order for a player to organize storage's differently.

Actually what you need is a file that stores ItemId lists for categories that are sorted then have the client read that file put for each category an array, fill the category like used and then make a sort algorithm that does something like that

for n=0; n<=sortedarray n++

For i =o; i<=categoryarray;i++

if(sortetarray[n]== categoryarray

swap cathegoryitem[n] categoryarray

endif

end for

end for

This could be done clientside only so the extra time for the sorting should not be really noticable on the max 300 items someone can have in storage

Item list is only a part of solution, problem by using that is it takes first one on slot, if you have rapier on strorage before radio one, you get always basic first, also it not regognize if item is degraded or not, it takes just the first one from sto slot. Quite annoying if you find yourseld in instance with ordinary RD helm and basic rapier, + degraded armor:P

Edited by Littlebig

The item list are not very usefull to find items in storage because you cant search like the manu bar.

I have 91 recepes listed, alone under crafting close to 30, manu, potion and eng close to 20, so a lot of scrolling is needed. So faster to mouse over all the items in storage.

I think the misc section in storage is a little too misc, to split it up so we have a section with eng and one with tailoring items would help a lot.

And will the Quest section ever be used ?

Littlbig, you need to enable item_uids to avoid the item lists picking the wrong item when the images are the same.

How about a simple storage search for one-off finding an item. This could easily be implimented based on items names. I could image a match-as-you-type subset of items being displayed in a new "search" labbled category.

How about a simple storage search for one-off finding an item. This could easily be implimented based on items names. I could image a match-as-you-type subset of items being displayed in a new "search" labbled category.

Excellent idea! - would make finding the right book so much easier!

If it can't be done so I can put all my regular Steel armors after each other and then All my Used Steel parts after each other in another row (or right after the regular ones) This would be a good alternative.

Would rather be able to have my storage nice and tidy though and be able to organize the items as I want them :P

In fact what order are the items in your storage?

I cannot seem to fathom out the order - it seems totally random and changes. Maybe if the contents of each section are always displayed alphabetically?

Littlbig, you need to enable item_uids to avoid the item lists picking the wrong item when the images are the same.

How to do that?

How to do that?

Type #item_uid

This toggles. Set it to: Send Item UIDs 1

Once enabled via #item_uid as darrock says, you would need to redo the relavant item lists, or at least the items within the list that are currently confused.

The storage lists are what ever order the items are sitting in storage. There is no sorting done anywhere. The closest thing to sorting is splitting them into the Categories, but their order doesn't get changed.

Does this mean if storage was completely emptied, and I have no idea how to do that considering hundreds of thousands of items in storage, they would stay in order as long as you do not use last one? This does not seem to match up what I have seen where order appears to change changed between views and I have not added or taken or removed enough items to make that much of a difference.

Does this mean if storage was completely emptied, and I have no idea how to do that considering hundreds of thousands of items in storage, they would stay in order as long as you do not use last one? This does not seem to match up what I have seen where order appears to change changed between views and I have not added or taken or removed enough items to make that much of a difference.

I'm only guessing here, but I think that the way it works is if you remove an item from storage, the slot that ir occupied becomes empty; i.e., the items after it are not "shifted down" to fill the hole. Then if you place a new item in storage, it occupies the slot the old one vacated. This means that a "new" item in storage can appear before an "older" one, because it occupied a vacated slot. This theory comes from my trying to rearrange items by removing them and adding them back. Sometimes the order changed; sometimes it didn't.

I'm only guessing here, but I think that the way it works is if you remove an item from storage, the slot that ir occupied becomes empty; i.e., the items after it are not "shifted down" to fill the hole. Then if you place a new item in storage, it occupies the slot the old one vacated. This means that a "new" item in storage can appear before an "older" one, because it occupied a vacated slot. This theory comes from my trying to rearrange items by removing them and adding them back. Sometimes the order changed; sometimes it didn't.

Correct