Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RAD

Dragon scales

1. If we can use other scales to reduce the time, the value of the scales will be adequate to the problems get. At the moment scale from easy to kill a dragon is more expensive than a strong blue dragon.

2. It also gives you the choice to get the scales, the player can get it by killing a dragon or buy from another player. Now we can only buying scales. (scales which reduce time ofc.)

3. More scales->more instance-> more fun

Edited by RAD

There are few scales in the bots because they are in the storages. Why I would use a bot's slot with black, ice or blue dragon scales if they sell so bad? I prefer to use the slot with a better-selling item. And the red dragon scales sell good but all know who get most of them....

I think the pros are bigger than the cons....

:) A mathematical aproximation to the problem:

The need of scales for reducing the instance time creates some adverse facts: chance of one player hoarding nearly all the scales, higher price, scarcity, etc...

Let's group all this facts in one variable called "y". The scales come from one type of dragon only so:

y/1=y

But if the scales come from the 4 types of dragons:

y/4=0.25y

Simplest thing is having STRONGEST dragon scales be one required for instances. Right now that is the blue dragon but in future may be the purple dragon alter little dragon pink grows up.

HI EVERYBODY!

Alright, honstly, this topic needs to get some loving, i mean it's the "HOTEST" topic in the General Misc area since Frozensolid made the suggestion about new buffer spells on April, 10th, 2013, and this one is baby booming and grabbing attention x10 faster Frozens, yet we see no God speaking :P

Q: So uh, really can all scales be used to reduce time already?

A: Yes, they can and yes they should! :D

Right now, red dragon is the easiest dragon ingame. (Should stay thatway, since it is the weakest [Though it's the easiest dragon with the best profit, which makes no sense..] , but any more changes, would only benefit the only the one player who has all the scales already. I mean red dragon is so easy.. i see Stivy killing it with Orc Slayer :) Where did poor old Dre go.. Who used to purchase a thermal every month for 90 usd.. [Even though he hardly played, 12*90 = 1080 USD a year!] then he'd sell it on his bot leeuwarden for about 950k-1m~

Another point is that rostos cost about 62k each atm, they are rising due to the fact that we have invances/invasions on an almost daily basis. Alot of people die and/or degrade stuff. When scales used to cost less, more people would instance, and if more people instance more people died, less rostos ingame, so back to Teh God. Infact most people who did do instances when scales were cheaper purchased rostos directly from Radu, so even if all scales were used to reduce time rosto prices might reach 65k ea, if alot started instancing, or even 70k.

If all scales reduced time it would be a great idea, of course the harder scales reducing more time would only make sense. (Why should a dragon with 3k~ Hp, reduce 30 hrs, when blue has 9k~ and is way harder reduce the same or less?) Don't worry.. guys, red dragon scale still has way more use's then you think. I mean pear finders :) Red Drag Armor :) Reducing time :) Also.. Radu said coming out with Manuable Rdholam, what scales do you think will be needed? Speaking of red helms.. the price used to be 55-60k~ So even if more people started farming instances, helm prices would decrease, so they still would be making the same amount of gc, or even less (depends how ridicilous the rest of the scale prices reach).

So what did i learn today? Uhm, if it's PEACE DAY you go on forums and see what's new :P Anyways, If all scales reduced time, the community will be a better place, and someone's pocket will grow :whistle:

Edited by ISnipe

Blue scales are reducing time now. Yet i don't see people farming BLD in Irin. He is kinda lonely there, imo.

Blue scales are still in heavy abundance, both in people's storages and on bots, as they've been collecting dust for the most part since introduced due to little use.

It will take a while before that drops thus anyone having a need to farm that dragon.

Not to mention, tons of blues killed daily in invances/instances. Not to mention they frequent invasions which happen almost daily as well.

Farming that dragon may possibly never be a necessity with those things.

Blue scales are still in heavy abundance, both in people's storages and on bots, as they've been collecting dust for the most part since introduced due to little use.

It will take a while before that drops thus anyone having a need to farm that dragon.

Not to mention, tons of blues killed daily in invances/instances. Not to mention they frequent invasions which happen almost daily as well.

Farming that dragon may possibly never be a necessity with those things.

I absolutelly agree. Although i doubt there are more than 5-8 blues/day/120++ invance, uncapped invasions tend to ensure a huge supply of scales. I was thinking that the use of the scale could be a decent incentive, but you're right. There are low chances for the BLD to get farmed.