Eternal Lands Official Forums
nightraver

new server

hi, i still can join the server? anyone else having troubles?

Connecting to Server...

Can't connect to server :(

Press any key to try again.

Press Alt-x to close the game

Connecting to Server...

Connecting to Server...

Connecting to Server...

You mean, "can't" not "can", right?

Yes, sometimes it can take a few hours for the DNS changes to propagate. You just have to wait a bit more. restarting your computer/router might help too.

My ISP, whose internet backbone is a flock of seagulls, updated the dns cache in less than 30 minutes :P.

Edited by hussam

Tried log now 2 hours. i reseted router and flushed DNS cache without effect.

Same here... it's maybe possible to run the game with: eternallands %1 [where %1 is the new IP adress] ?

OR

change the config file in the linux hidden folder .elc (which one ?) and replace game.eternallands.com with the new IP adress ?

Voilà, that's the question...

Lillaka

CCFO (Chief Config File Officer)

Edited by Panatella

If all else fails, try editing servers.lst in the el game folder.

On the first line that does NOT start with a '#', the one that starts with 'main' change:

game.eternal-lands.com

to:

That's the only reason i'm playing right now. dns changes seem to take their time to trickle into Australia it seems.

Try changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8

Then restart your computer or router.

Nada Njet Rien Nix Nüüt

I deleted my both DNS server entry (213.221.143.240 + 213.221.144.240) to 8.8.8.8

Restarted the computer => DNS get back to 213.221.14X.240)

Again, changed DNS server entry as above. Waited 1 minute.

Restarted router => DNS get back to .....

On the first line that does NOT start with a '#', the one that starts with 'main' change:

game.eternal-lands.com

to:

That's the only reason i'm playing right now. dns changes seem to take their time to trickle into Australia it seems.

Welcome to the new Server \o/

Thanks for helping :)

game.eternal-lands.com

to:

Thank You,

was looking for new ip address of server, tracert and whois is still pointingto other one or says malformed domain

I STRONGLY recommend you to change it back to game.eternal-lands.com one your DNS issues are fixed, because if we change servers this won't work.

I STRONGLY recommend you to change it back to game.eternal-lands.com one your DNS issues are fixed, because if we change servers this won't work.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that. Although i'm still waiting after 6+ hrs. i guess dns chages here are as bad as our ping times :(

http://pastebin.com/HRwt76Ey

Server latency: 305 ms
Server latency: 4476 ms
Server latency: 3561 ms
Server latency: 2766 ms
Server latency: 1948 ms
Server latency: 1150 ms

looks like hung up at server, odd thing is only seems to be me, was 140's ms yesterday no problems, grue getting overstuffed from me today

FYI: changed servers.lst back yesterday once phone could connect, also website/forums laggy too, no other games, pages i visited are, and yes did reboot and refresh both computer and router.

edit: added new pastebin, for the lag starting point is same company but says location is france

Edited by Zephlix

Zephlix, some game pages are hosted by Learner on his site (like rankings) so that may explain some away.

Depending where the servers been moved to (afaik it was france, no idea where now) then it could be a geographical difference thats effecting your ping.

Just thoughts, different path to server mins different traffic effecting you so maybe a proxy could be used to help you.

I always found forum laggy as crap, but more so now than before, but i cant speak about the effect in game to much but when i logged on last ( i think a few days ago for a quick check since i was curious whether your DDoS was still going. )

well all was fine early morning, 140 ms, I going to just chalk it up to the web still trying to adjust to the new server move, usually up to 48 hour for dns routers to update, IDK why it sending me to France first either, I in Arizona, also called my isp to see if they bottlenecking, they said give it 48 hours for systems to adjust.

just sucks, mostly cause everything was perfect before i got some shut eye, and seems no one else has same issue,

Hello, my name is Zephlix and I'm a EL Addict.

Edited by Zephlix

lol

If the server isn't in france anymore, i can only think it must be looking for the server where it used to be (im nub at internet protocol and how it works).

If its early morning probably less traffic (tends to be evening when it happens alot), so you'll usually have better times in the early morning compared to late night.

Also i know where your coming from, PC with clients installed died, and now im trying to fill addiction by checking the relevant forums far too much.

GL in the next 48 ;p

Well, there are all kinds of paths to the server, some routes are slower than others. For most people it works fairly well, although, as with any Internet related service, the state of the whole network between you and the server will have an effect.

If still having really high lag, do a traceroute and post it here.